Old 01-05-11, 05:28 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Friday Night Lights -- "Fracture" -- 1/05/11

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-01-01

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Eric worries he's losing control of the Lions; Tami suspects that a student is being neglected at home; Vince's arrogance creates tension with his teammates; Becky enters a pageant.

Episode 8 of 13

^^ Found a much better quality season 5 promo photo for this week.

Can't believe there is only 5 more episodes left.
Old 01-05-11, 09:38 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Friday Night Lights -- "Fracture" -- 1/05/11

If I was Eric I think I'd hire the guy who Vince's dad beat down to take him out.
Old 01-05-11, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aktick
If I was Eric I think I'd hire the guy who Vince's dad beat down to take him out.
LOL. Vince's dad was annoying as hell in this episode. I cracked up laughing when he flopping his arms on the football field like an idiot after catching that pass.
Old 01-06-11, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

I'm guessing Oklahoma Tech was filmed at Ok State - looked like it judging by the colors? At least they had the good sense to change the signs on/around the field, unlike when they film TMU scenes at Texas State.

I wonder how often those kind of coach-player 'meetings' take place each year.

I still don't care much for Becky but I like how the Landing Strip strippers have taken her under their collective wings.
Old 01-06-11, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Whee!!!
Finally Julie sees the light!!
I said a couple of episodes ago that this was all leading back to Matt.
Remember early on when Coach and Mrs. Coach didn't like it when their daughter was dating a member of his football team? Ha! Be careful what you wish for.. Matt is exactly what they should have been wishing for.

I have a bad feeling about Vince's father. I have bad feeling how he's going to respond to what seems to be coming. This guy doesn't ever do the right thing, he always does the scummy thing. I don't have a good feeling.

Great episode!
Old 01-07-11, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Heh, they faked me out with the Matt twist. I was sure she was going to Tennessee, she's been such a basket-case. Glad to see Matt again though! Loved it when Coach smashed the jerk's tail light.

PS When they showed Vince on the news, that was actually the real channel 8 ABC news anchorman in Dallas. Beyond me why they didn't use the NBC affiliate. :P

Last edited by JuryDuty; 01-07-11 at 09:32 AM.
Old 01-07-11, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Considering there are only 5 episodes remaining in the series, I'm at a little bit of a loss to see where they are headed. Is Coach going to finally get so fed up with the small town power politics, BS and chicanery that he decides the Florida job is where he should be?

Frankly I hope Vince sees Coach is right when he realizes "there is no I in team". I find it a little fishy that his father was able to corrupt him so quickly considering how guarded he been since his father's return. But I agree with you Septemberbaby, he is just a two-faced asshole who is only out for the $$$ and is just scummy.

Nice to see Jason Street again and that he is flourishing in his personal and professional life.

I watched two back-to-back last night. I may stack the remaining because one episode is not enough any more as we hurtle to the series finale.
Old 01-07-11, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts

Of course Vince is going to come around. Coach will say this is his final game at E. Dillon, take the college job, and the team will respond with a state title. He hands the E. Dillon reigns over to Billy (with Tim getting out of jail to be his assistant).

Now what happens to dickhead dad....who knows.
Old 01-07-11, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Of course Vince is going to come around. Coach will say this is his final game at E. Dillon, take the college job, and the team will respond with a state title. He hands the E. Dillon reigns over to Billy (with Tim getting out of jail to be his assistant).
This is exactly what I think will happen, too. And Tim will get his field.
Old 01-07-11, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Now what happens to dickhead dad....who knows.
Well the ONLY thing I DO know is that there is [spoiler]going to be a wedding before the show ends. And all the departed characters return.[spoiler]

If that is the only thing else that happens, I will be happy - well sad that the show is over, but you know.
Old 01-07-11, 03:39 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by rfduncan
Well the ONLY thing I DO know is that there is [spoiler]going to be a wedding before the show ends. And all the departed characters return.[spoiler]

If that is the only thing else that happens, I will be happy - well sad that the show is over, but you know.
Yeah, this is one of those shows that I don't really mind if they tie everything up nicely (unrealistically), just because of all the BS they've gone through.

Is the job in Florida supposed to be at a big school (forget what they're calling it)? A quick search tells me even the coach at a lowly school like Arkansas State makes at least $140k, most coaches at average football schools make upwards of $500k+. Coach Taylor can't be making more than $50-60k at East Dillon, so you'd sure think it would be a no brainer to take a college head coaching gig.
Old 01-09-11, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Great episode, nice Matt twist at the end.

I like the drama between the team and then with Vince's dad and coach. Love this show
Old 01-09-11, 02:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,097 Likes on 794 Posts

I'm guessing Oklahoma Tech was filmed at Ok State - looked like it judging by the colors?
Sorry. Those OK Tech scenes were shot at DKR stadium and Gregory Gym at UT Austin.

Originally Posted by JuryDuty
PS When they showed Vince on the news, that was actually the real channel 8 ABC news anchorman in Dallas. Beyond me why they didn't use the NBC affiliate. :P
Sorry. That was Robert Hadlock the news anchor for KXAN-NBC in Austin.
Old 01-09-11, 03:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,097 Likes on 794 Posts

Hey rfduncan, you've posted 9000 times. How about using the spoiler tags properly.