Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Craigslist Killer movie - Mon Jan 3, 2011 - Lifetime Channel

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 01-01-11, 01:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ran across an ad for this tv movie, The Craigslist Killer, that is premiering for the first time on Monday Jan 3 2011 on the Lifetime Channel. I'm not a regular viewer of that channel, but I'm planning on watching or more likely recording this one.

http://www.mylifetime.com/movies/the-craigslist-killer

Anyone else interested?

(Lifetime really needs to consider Rex Ryan and his wife for a tv movie, too. That one may be interesting as well.)

Last edited by northmoor; 01-01-11 at 01:50 PM.
Old 01-01-11, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Craigslist Killer movie - Mon Jan 3, 2011 - Lifetime Channel

Old 01-01-11, 06:28 PM
Banned by request

Starring GatorDeb as the one who got away, due to her intense Craigslist security measures!
Old 01-01-11, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by northmoor View Post
(Lifetime really needs to consider Rex Ryan and his wife for a tv movie, too. That one may be interesting as well.)
If The "Shoe" Fits - The Michelle Ryan Story.
Old 01-01-11, 09:22 PM

Spoiler:
The Craigslist Killer did it.
Old 01-02-11, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

We get it, Lifetime. Men suck!
Old 01-02-11, 01:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Saw an ad for this in theaters the other day...WTF?
Old 01-02-11, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I find movies on lifetime very hard to watch. Just not that good IMO.....

Didn't everyone know he did not do it? They arrested the wrong man who eventually killed himself from emotional distress due to his lengthy incarceration.

I would bet most here already have their plates full with shows they like to watch on a weekly basis. I cannot imagine wasting time on this but once again....IMO.
Old 01-03-11, 01:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Suprmallet View Post
Starring GatorDeb as the one who got away, due to her intense Craigslist security measures!
The wife was watching "Kendra" and some guy decides to tell his mom he's gay exactly when I read this comment. Thanks for the glares...
Old 01-03-11, 01:39 AM

I'll probably watch this movie at least once. I like a few cast members in it. I'm ok with Lifetime movies. They aren't the greatest made for cable movies in the world but I find them more watchable than Hallmark Channel movies.
Old 01-03-11, 02:36 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by writer106 View Post
I'll probably watch this movie at least once. I like a few cast members in it. I'm ok with Lifetime movies. They aren't the greatest made for cable movies in the world but I find them more watchable than Hallmark Channel movies.
I watch an occasional Lifetime or Lifetime Movie network movie every now and then. 1st and foremost, most of them cast gorgeous female leads. I've seen a few with Natasha Henstridge, Erica Durance, Andrea Roth, Kelly Rutherford and Poppy Montgomery as leads just to name a few. I agree they aren't the greatest made for cable movies...pretty much all of them are by the numbers procedural-like, but they are certainly watchable.

I'll watch this one. I know Jake McDorman from Greek and Agnes Bruckner from Private Practice and you can't go wrong with Billy Baldwin as well.
Old 01-03-11, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
I watch an occasional Lifetime or Lifetime Movie network movie every now and then. 1st and foremost, most of them cast gorgeous female leads. I've seen a few with Natasha Henstridge, Erica Durance, Andrea Roth, Kelly Rutherford and Poppy Montgomery as leads just to name a few. I agree they aren't the greatest made for cable movies...pretty much all of them are by the numbers procedural-like, but they are certainly watchable.

I'll watch this one. I know Jake McDorman from Greek and Agnes Bruckner from Private Practice and you can't go wrong with Billy Baldwin as well.
I like Jake from Greek and I've been a fan of Agnes Bruckner since I saw an indie movie she did with John Corbett. Most of the Lifetime movies are procedural like but there have been some standout movies like Prayers for Bobby. LMN's miniseries about the Green River Killer was pretty good

I usually watch Lifetime or LMN movies once in awhile if the plot sounds interesting or if I'm familiar with someone in the cast. The Hallmark Channel movies as I mentioned before really aren't watchable. There have been a couple of Hallmark Channel movies that I have seen that have been solid but most of those movies are ultra family friendly and showcase a lot of wooden acting.

Lifetime at least touches some on gritty society issues and I have noticed Lifetime sometimes tend to get better actors/actresses for their movies than the Hallmark Channel does.
Old 01-03-11, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by bluetoast View Post
Saw an ad for this in theaters the other day...WTF?
Saw it in front of True Grit. A woman nearby said "oooooh that looks so goooood!" she then ended up being a viewer that described all the action on screen. "that girl is sopping wet!" etc
Old 01-04-11, 02:42 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Okay so I watched this tonight. This was actually a pretty compelling TV movie. Jake McDorman was pretty solid as Phil Markoff and gave a very creepy performance.

Agnes Bruckner is absolutely stunning. I'm surprised that she hasn't been cast in a big name feature film or TV series yet because she definitely has the looks. She was pretty good playing the dumb and naive Megan. I can't believe how clueless this chick was.

The backstory on Phil and Megan's whirlwind romance was extremely rushed. They literally jumped from them meeting and going on their 1st date to living together for 6 months. I didn't like alot of the background Pop music used. They could have had a much better score to give this more of a thriller vibe. Markoff was so fucking sloppy in his crimes. Apparently he forgot there is software that can block your IP address. And the fact that he only beat up his last victim and rushed out sealed his fate.

I liked William Baldwin as the detective as well. Best line was when he confronted Megan and read Markoff's Craiglist profile, which said his cock was 8 inches.

Last edited by DJariya; 01-04-11 at 02:55 AM.
Old 01-04-11, 05:41 PM

I watched the last hour (because I was watching Greek, which I didn't know he was starring in this) and it was kinda sad...haha

Well, from the woman's perspective it was sad - which I should have expected from Lifetime.

Anyways, when I was watching it, I felt like I've seen Agnes Bruckner before. I look up her profile and she was in 24 Season 3. Apparently her characters always pick the wrong dudes...haha