DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Dick Clark's New Years Rockin Eve 2011 with Ryan Seacrest (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/584016-dick-clarks-new-years-rockin-eve-2011-ryan-seacrest.html)

DJariya 12-31-10 01:41 PM

Dick Clark's New Years Rockin Eve 2011 with Ryan Seacrest

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YwD-9E5eVRA" frameborder="0"></iframe>

FERGIE RETURNS AS HOST OF LOS ANGELES PARTY SEGMENTS DURING DICK CLARK'S NEW YEAR'S ROCKIN' EVE WITH RYAN SEACREST 2011

Natastha Bedingfield, Jason Derulo, Drake, Far East Movement, Jennifer Hudson, La Roux, Avril Lavigne, Mike Posner, Ne-Yo, Willow Smith and Train Confirmed to Perform During the 39th Annual Broadcast on December 31.

For the 39th consecutive year, Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve with Ryan Seacrest 2011 will lead America into the New Year. Dick Clark and Ryan Seacrest will host the special with recently announced Times Square Correspondent Jenny McCarthy. The show will begin at 10:00 p.m., ET on Friday, December 31 on the ABC Television Network. Coca-Cola will present a special performance on ABC at 11:45pm to help ring in your New Year! Singer/songwriter Fergie of The Black Eyed Peas returns to host the Los Angeles-based party portions of the specials. The Los Angeles lineup includes performances by Jennifer Hudson, Willow Smith, Ne-Yo, Avril Lavigne, Drake, Jason Derulo, La Roux, Mike Posner, Natasha Bedingfield, Far East Movement and Train.

The bi-coastal celebration will include three and one-half hours of special performances and reports on New Year's celebrations from around the globe, as well as the American tradition of Dick Clark counting down to midnight from Times Square in New York City.

The festivities will kick off with Dick Clark's Primetime New Year's Rockin' Eve with Ryan Seacrest 2011 from 10:00-11:00 p.m., ET, featuring the only live performances from New York's Times Square, as well as multiple performances from the Los Angeles celebration.

During Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve with Ryan Seacrest 2011, Part 1 (11:30 p.m. - 1:08 a.m., ET), in addition to reporting on the final minutes of 2010 and the traditional Times Square countdown to midnight, the show will feature music performances from both Los Angeles and Times Square in New York.

Wrapping the night's activities will be Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve with Ryan Seacrest 2011, Part 2 (1:08-2:11 a.m., ET), when musical acts will continue the party into the early hours of the New Year with additional performances from Los Angeles.

Another year comes to a close and another year of Dick Clark mumbling the countdown to the new year.

DVD Guy ATL 12-31-10 01:55 PM

Re: Dick Clark's New Years Rockin Eve 2011 with Ryan Seacrest

Leave the man alone. In a Bieber world, any old-school presence is reassuring and welcome.

rw2516 12-31-10 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by DVD Guy ATL (Post 10567897)
Leave the man alone. In a Bieber world, any old-school presence is reassuring and welcome.

Isn't Bieber a Dick Clark clone that escaped the lab?

Rypro 525 12-31-10 03:34 PM

HAPPY DEW YEAR!!!!

in before "dick clark should retire and or die" post

astrochimp 12-31-10 03:58 PM

Dick Clark should retire and/or die!

islandclaws 12-31-10 04:47 PM

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CP51gCL3XB4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CP51gCL3XB4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I know what you mean about appreciating some old school in this new age, but I think Dick needs to pack it in.

JeffTheAlpaca 12-31-10 04:59 PM

Dick Clark is like Brett Favre and he does not know when to quit.

TGM 12-31-10 05:02 PM

http://slurmed.com/fanart/bofr/047_dick-clark.png

Sonny Corinthos 12-31-10 05:18 PM

:( It's going to be sad to see what kind of shape DC is in. He's looked really bad the last couple of years.

arminius 12-31-10 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by KillerCannibal (Post 10568090)
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CP51gCL3XB4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CP51gCL3XB4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I know what you mean about appreciating some old school in this new age, but I think Dick needs to pack it in.

I think they will start from 3 this year.

Boba Fett 12-31-10 07:59 PM

Did I just pull an Olivia Dunham and wind up in some strange world where Backstreet Boys and New Kids on the Block are still music headliners?

LiquidSky 12-31-10 08:24 PM

Willow Smith gets on my nerves.

Charlie Goose 12-31-10 09:28 PM

Dick Clark is in a medically induced coma for 525,599 minutes a year. Let him have his one minute of bliss.

tonyc3742 12-31-10 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by Boba Fett (Post 10568286)
Did I just pull an Olivia Dunham and wind up in some strange world where Backstreet Boys and New Kids on the Block are still music headliners?

That's exactly what I was thinking. I had to double check the signs said 2010.
Add in the flashback of Fresh Prince and the illusion was complete [although I'd rather have seen him perform than his daughter].

Is it just me or is NKOTB and the Backstreet Boys performing a medley of their hits, together, as forty year old men, something that would be more fitting either on Futurama or some satiric sci fi short story from the 80s?

I'm definitely not the target music demographic nowadays.

whotony 12-31-10 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos (Post 10568126)
:( It's going to be sad to see what kind of shape DC is in. He's looked really bad the last couple of years.

He's been exactly the same as tonight since he had the stroke.
Doesn't bother me any. Let him have his few minutes on his own show every year.

I like to see him.

tonyc3742 12-31-10 10:50 PM

I thought he didn't look all that bad, all things considered. Didn't sound great but that comes with the territory.

Charlie Goose 12-31-10 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by Boba Fett (Post 10568286)

And Jenny McCarthy is still semi-relevant?

Seacrest asked Kesha what her resolution is, and she said, "to not be a douchebag". What a class act. Of course, wearing 2011 glasses and green lipstick = instant fail.

FantasticVSDoom 12-31-10 11:04 PM

Id rather listen to Dick Clark than Jenny McCarthy blather nonsensically...

Jimmy James 12-31-10 11:09 PM

I think declaring your resolution is that you're not going to turn into a douchebag makes you a douchebag.

As to Dick, I have been down on him in years past. I think he sounded better this year. My guess is that he slaves away at that for most of the year. He has depressed me for him in years past, but I find something enduring and hopeful about it this year. Keep it up, Dick.

FantasticVSDoom 12-31-10 11:15 PM

Holy hell that group is god awful... Makes me wish New Kids or BSB were back.

whotony 12-31-10 11:15 PM

He looked in near tears with Seacrest, this is something that clearly makes him very Happy.

Is this current band stealing the light show bit from the group that was on America's got talent this past season?

Rypro 525 01-01-11 12:01 AM

Can Avril look any hotter? :Drool:

hippie68 01-01-11 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by Jimmy James (Post 10568437)
I think declaring your resolution is that you're not going to turn into a douchebag makes you a douchebag.

As to Dick, I have been down on him in years past. I think he sounded better this year. My guess is that he slaves away at that for most of the year. He has depressed me for him in years past, but I find something enduring and hopeful about it this year. Keep it up, Dick.

I feel the same way. I always got sad when I heard him but this year I decided to try to see if from a different point of view and it worked.