Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Survivor: Nicaragua **Season Finale & Reunion, Sunday, Dec. 19th**

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Who will be the Sole Survivor?
Chase Rice
10.34%
Dan Lembo
6.90%
Holly Hoffman
24.14%
Jud "Fabio" Birza
51.72%
Matthew "Sash" Lenahan
6.90%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Survivor: Nicaragua **Season Finale & Reunion, Sunday, Dec. 19th**

Old 12-20-10, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Survivor: Nicaragua **Season Finale & Reunion, Sunday, Dec. 19th**

This is a comment from ew.com

Apparently (and this comes from an airtight spoiler source who has been 100% accurate on the smallest detail this season), Sash told Jane she was going out, and offered to pay off Jane’s mortgage if she would turn the jury in his favor upon arriving at Ponderosa (rumor has it he tried a non-monetary version of the same thing with Purple Kelly when he found out she was quitting). Jane then told everyone what happened at her Tribal Council. TC was stopped, the cameras were turned off, and producers were brought in to determine what to do, as prize money sharing is THE cardinal sin on Survivor. Eventually, it was determined that it was a he said/she said situation, and all records of this were expunged, with gag orders brought down on everyone including (one would assume) Dalton. If you are wondering why Fabio would take someone who was an obvious jury threat like Sash, and the most strategic player didnt get a single vote (even from Brenda), or why everyone seemed to despise Sash to such a degree (unusual, as his actions werent any worse then what we have seen a zillion times on Survivor), or why a final 3 contestant didnt get even a single question lobbed his way on the reunion show….now you know. The season honestly doesnt even really make much sense without this crucial piece of knowledge.
Old 12-20-10, 07:58 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 602 Likes on 486 Posts

Very interesting. I certainly wondered how he could get 0 votes while Chase could get 4. I didn't even notice that Jeff didn't ask him anything at the Reunion, but now that you mention it....
Old 12-20-10, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sucky season but glad Fabio won. WTF is with Fabio and his hair in the reunion though?
Old 12-20-10, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Well that explains the vitriol toward Sash. Guy was kinda slimy but the way Dan and others eviscerated him seemed disproportionate to what we saw. But now it makes more sense.

Hard to root for anyone this season beyond Fabio right at the end there. I was glad he won but it's not like he played a great game. Really a season full of duds although most of the people at least seemed nicer than usual with a couple exceptions.
Old 12-20-10, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,677 Likes on 1,847 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Much like when they do the fallen heroes hike, I immediately hit FF when the guitar was broken out.

I think Redemption Island sounds interesting. Although I wonder if it might work better if nobody knew about it at the start - a total surprise.
I sort of enjoy the fallen heroes thing, where they go around and "remember" everyone who got the boot. It's fun when they try to find something nice to say about the assholes, dipshits, and wastes of space. "Dan... yeah, Dan... I really miss how he sat around and did absolutely nothing."

Still not sure how "redemption island" is going to work, but I can appreciate how they try to change things up from time to time.
Old 12-21-10, 07:41 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Fandango
This is a comment from ew.com

Apparently (and this comes from an airtight spoiler source who has been 100% accurate on the smallest detail this season), Sash told Jane she was going out, and offered to pay off Jane’s mortgage if she would turn the jury in his favor upon arriving at Ponderosa (rumor has it he tried a non-monetary version of the same thing with Purple Kelly when he found out she was quitting). Jane then told everyone what happened at her Tribal Council. TC was stopped, the cameras were turned off, and producers were brought in to determine what to do, as prize money sharing is THE cardinal sin on Survivor. Eventually, it was determined that it was a he said/she said situation, and all records of this were expunged, with gag orders brought down on everyone including (one would assume) Dalton.
He said, she said? Not one single camera caught this alleged offer?
Old 12-21-10, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 209 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by Double_Oh_7
He said, she said? Not one single camera caught this alleged offer?
My understanding is that it was more of an implied offer than a directly stated one and/ or perhaps they were playing it safe rather than risk a protracted lawsuit.
Old 12-21-10, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,456 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Dog
Very interesting. I certainly wondered how he could get 0 votes while Chase could get 4. I didn't even notice that Jeff didn't ask him anything at the Reunion, but now that you mention it....
I just watched it. He did get asked a question, mainly about his alliance with Brenda and the idol.
Old 12-23-10, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jane did get a great edit, because she is just bitter and mean. Jane was right up there with Corrine, Randy, and there clique at Ponderosa in meanness. I was surprised at how unpopular Holly was when she arrived at Ponderosa.