DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Survivor: Nicaragua – Dec. 8th, 2010 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/583141-survivor-nicaragua-%96-dec-8th-2010-a.html)

auto 12-07-10 07:13 PM

Survivor: Nicaragua – Dec. 8th, 2010

http://blog.wkrq.com/media/blogs/bri...ragua_logo.jpg

http://images.starpulse.com/news/blo...-nicaragua.jpg

Episode #13

Title:
Spoiler:
Not Sure Where I Stand

Summary:
Spoiler:
One castaway must choose between two alliances in order to secure their place in the game after a promise leaves them out in the cold. Another castaway is voted out of the game.

Goldberg74 12-07-10 07:41 PM

Re: Survivor: Nicaragua – Dec. 8th, 2010

Who's Jud?

;)

Cardsfan111 12-07-10 07:44 PM

I've got to agree with those who mentioned how unpredictable things have been with this season. After last week's episode, I'm not sure what's going to happen next.

dino88 12-08-10 12:05 AM

Sash and Chase have idols (although Chase is dumb enough to give it away). Benry, Jud and Jane have a good shot at immunity. Everyone there wants Dan in the finals. I'm going with Holly this week.

JuryDuty 12-08-10 08:58 AM

I don't think anyone knows Chase has an idol, but people know about Sash's. This'd be a good week to try and flush Sash's idol while they can.

sven 12-08-10 02:40 PM

I'm hoping Jane goes home tonight.

dino88 12-08-10 02:42 PM

I don't get all the Jane hate here. She's the only one I'm wanting to win at the moment. If she doesn't win, she's a shoe-in for America's player.

edit: Actually, I wouldn't mind Jud winning either.

Howie2000 12-08-10 02:51 PM

Dino most of her dislike by people is because of how bitter she was towards Marty and her attacking his parenting when she voted him out. \The editors are even half assing her phony underdog we are supposed to root for storyline.

Depending on how the rest of the season plays out I think if either Fabio or Holly survive long enough to be in the final episode 1 of them will win America's player. After having 3 big charecters go out in a row these 2nd tier charecters will became the new default narrative charecters that Brenda and Marty were.

Damfino 12-08-10 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by dino88 (Post 10533860)
I don't get all the Jane hate here. She's the only one I'm wanting to win at the moment. If she doesn't win, she's a shoe-in for America's player.

edit: Actually, I wouldn't mind Jud winning either.

I don't want Jane to win because our Survivor contest prize would go to 2nd place and forever put an asterisk next to the winner's name.

Also, I had Marty in the Survivor game.

dino88 12-08-10 03:14 PM

But if that did happen, I don't think there would ever be a leftover pick again.

I had Jimmy T and there was no way I was rooting for that guy after actually seeing him on the show. I also have Benry, but I think his only shot at making it is if he were to go on an immunity challenge win streak.

JuryDuty 12-08-10 03:51 PM

I have Jud :lol: I NEVER thought he'd actually be viable as a final contestant. I just took him for fun. Jud FTW!

TimeandTide 12-08-10 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by JuryDuty (Post 10533989)
I have Jud :lol: I NEVER thought he'd actually be viable as a final contestant. I just took him for fun. Jud FTW!

My pick too.

Maxflier 12-08-10 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by sven (Post 10533858)
I'm hoping Jane goes home tonight.

Ditto. I want that ****y bitch gone.

mosquitobite 12-08-10 08:24 PM

Everyone says stuff like "you know not to take Jane to the finals" but is that really the case? Marty wouldn't vote for her. Chase would, but is she liked well enough that people would vote for her because she "deserves" it?

Eddie W 12-08-10 09:39 PM

So is this the most underfed tribe ever? They always lose weight, but Sash and Jane are starting to look like Holocaust survivors.

And Dan seems to be re-defining 'under the radar'.

Cardsfan111 12-08-10 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Eddie W (Post 10534517)

I thought that during the immunity challenge. After it was over, I asked myself "Did Dan sit this one out?" and had to go back and see if he was out there. :lol:

:up: to Jeff for introducing the jury and referring to NaOnka and Purple Kelly as the two quitters. I would love it if he continues to do this from this point forward. It was hilarious to see NaOnka beaming as if she wore the title as a badge of honor. Purple Kelly, however, seemed ticked off to be there. Perhaps when she quit, she thought it meant she could go straight home and she's not happy about being made to stick around.

TimeandTide 12-08-10 11:58 PM

I think he's on everyone's radar...as someone they want to take to the finals with them. Voting him out at any point now would be pointless as he doesn't factor at all in the immunity challenges and thus poses absolutely no threat. I bet he doesn't get a single vote between now and the finale.

If anything, Holly is under the radar. As much as they talk about Jane being a lock for the prize, Holly has just a good shot at the million dollars, I think.

(Sash's only hope of a win is if he gets Dan and Chase to the end.)

Damfino 12-09-10 12:40 AM

So is this the most underfed tribe ever? They always lose weight, but Sash and Jane are starting to look like Holocaust survivors.

Of all the skeletors in the history of the game, Jane is the skeletoriest!

Howie2000 12-09-10 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by TimeandTide (Post 10534695)
Voting him out at any point now would be pointless as he doesn't factor at all in the immunity challenges and thus poses absolutely no threat. I bet he doesn't get a single vote between now and the finale.

He must be doing something right socially if he was with the majority alliance on the old people tribe then when the shuffle occurs he fits in with the young tribe.

If he makes the finals I doubt a juror would be like you suck and are a worthless player 60 something year old man with your bum knees you should be dissapointed you are not good at challenges.

The one player left who is no threat to win if they make the finals is Chase.
He may be a nice guy but he is an emotional player who was belittled even by his closest allies

sven 12-09-10 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by dino88 (Post 10533860)

That is because America is stupid. She is getting the same hero edit that Rupert got his first time around and the sheeple ate it up then too. He was an annoying jerk off and so is Jane.

Shinobi 12-09-10 06:11 AM

Purple Kelly cleans up nicely. As does Brenda. I'm not a Brenda fan, but wow, she looked smoking hot last night.

dino88 12-09-10 07:28 AM

I can definitely see the annoying part, but I just don't understand the hate and **** comments. NaOnka was our **** this season.

Maybe mwbis (our resident reality tv expert) can answer this. Has anyone that's ever been up for Sprint Player of the Week been voted out that week? I hate when they do this mid-episode, because to me it's saying that these players are safe. Why would they have you vote for a player of the week that will be voted out in 30 minutes? I wish they would do this at the end of the episode.

mugwump 12-09-10 09:53 AM

After watching every Survivor season but one (whichever one Gary Hogeboom was on) this one ranks as the dullest by far. I've already bitched about the lame people but I was hoping that the challenges would ramp up after the merger removed the oldster tribe but that just isn't happening. At this point I'm rooting for useless old Dan as a win by him might actually make them shake the show up a bit. Yeah right.

Red Dog 12-09-10 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by cardsfan111 (Post 10534682)
:up: to Jeff for introducing the jury and referring to NaOnka and Purple Kelly as the two quitters. I would love it if he continues to do this from this point forward. It was hilarious to see NaOnka beaming as if she wore the title as a badge of honor. Purple Kelly, however, seemed ticked off to be there. Perhaps when she quit, she thought it meant she could go straight home and she's not happy about being made to stick around.

That was the highlight of the episode. :lol:

cdollaz 12-09-10 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by mugwump (Post 10535133)
At this point I'm rooting for useless old Dan as a win by him might actually make them shake the show up a bit. Yeah right.

I kinda hope Dan wins also. No one has really done much this season to earn it, other than maybe Sash, so it would be funny to see him win.