TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Walking Dead -- Season Finale -- "TS-19" -- 12/05/10

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-10, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Walking Dead -- Season Finale -- "TS-19" -- 12/05/10

Originally Posted by bootsy
Oh it's not over yet. This one will go another 20 pages. And then there will be the "Predictions for The Walking Dead Season 2" thread
And the "I bought the DVD/BR even though I hated the show and can you believe they didn't change anything?! I was barely able to rewatch it 2 times through! What a waste of my weekend!" folks.
Old 12-06-10, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

cdc guy needs to get a bit more familiar with his rifle, like opening the sight covers for one thing
Old 12-06-10, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by mikehunt
cdc guy needs to get a bit more familiar with his rifle, like opening the sight covers for one thing
No..he literally doesn't. He's dead.
Old 12-06-10, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Coral
The whisper could defintely be the blood test revealing Lori was pregnant (still doesn't make sense why he did the blood test in the first place) but are we going to be subjected to a "who's baby is it?" storyline?
Seems like there's not much doubt whose it would be, just based on the timeline.
Old 12-06-10, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom
at Daryl trying to bust open the CDC door with an axe. I think he's my favorite character.
By far the highlight of the episode for me.

BUT, second worst ep. of the season, IMO (just ahead of the inane gangster one). Reasons: What everyone else here has said.

AMC must be kicking themselves HARD in the ass at only getting six eps. out just as the buzz has hit its peak. Seriously, a YEAR'S wait after netting an all-time cable viewership high? That has to be one of TV's all-time biggest missteps.
Old 12-07-10, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,245 Likes on 856 Posts

If Lori is pregnant, I predict ...
Spoiler:
she dies before the baby is born. Hopefully they don't rip off the zom-bab-ie from Dawn of the Dead though.
Old 12-07-10, 02:09 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Originally Posted by superfro
And the "I bought the DVD/BR even though I hated the show and can you believe they didn't change anything?! I was barely able to rewatch it 2 times through! What a waste of my weekend!" folks.
Yeah Trevor is all over the BR set when it gets marked down to $4.99 3 years from now even though he doesn't even really like the show.
Old 12-07-10, 03:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I enjoyed this episode. The really poorly done explosion at the end sort of took me away from the drama (my one real gripe I suppose) but I'm looking forward to next season. Considering all the comments on how stupid the writing is for not spelling out the zombie outbreak and biology after the first episode I'm not really getting all the hatred for the show slowing down to explain a few things.

I don't recall another show getting this much nitpicks so this thread is just rad. Like the CDC guy not having his sight cover off like he was going to lay down in front of them standing 20 feet away and try and sharp-shoot them when clearly he had no intention of shooting them from the get-go.
Old 12-07-10, 07:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The one thing I HATED about this episode, is when the band is trying to escape from the CDC, and one guy is banging on the window with an axe, the other guy pushes him out of the way to use...a chair. Say what?

All in all, a decent season. Not as great as I would have liked, but this show certainly has room to grow, and a 13 episode order will do this show a lot of good.
Old 12-07-10, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Ropes Pierre
Things that took me out of the zombie enjoying experience.

The old grizzled racist, who chose to save the Aryan Princess over the Proud Nubian Queen?

You must have missed the part where he said he trusted the sisters more than anyone else. He must have ran into them before anyone else and had known them the longest. We don't know the whole story. Thanks for jumping to conclusions though.
Old 12-07-10, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I hope what the doctor whispered to Rick was "Everyone is infected". Which would make sense that everyone is indeed infected and isn't just killed by the zombie virus but will come back as a zombie after death. We haven't seen anyone die of natural causes just from zombie bites. The guy that got bit in the stomach would have died from the bite alone from the size of it and natural infections. The annoying blond sister got her neck ripped out. And it would explain the inconsistencies in how you get the virus. One episode says you get it only from bites and having the blood on you won't infect you. Then the next episode they are covered in zombie guts and are careful not to touch any of it. Then the blond chick has 3 gallons of her sisters zombie infected blood all over her. How are they not infected? I hope it's airborne. But unfortunately I'm sure he was just telling Rick that Lori was pregnant. Can't have a good horror drama without some bitch cheating on with her husbands best friend to muck up the story line. Guess you have to have something entertaining for the women viewers.
Old 12-07-10, 09:05 AM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

^ Rick's reaction to that was great as well. I hope we find out what was said in the season 2 premiere.

All in all, a good (not great) first season.
Old 12-07-10, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by boredsilly
The one thing I HATED about this episode, is when the band is trying to escape from the CDC, and one guy is banging on the window with an axe, the other guy pushes him out of the way to use...a chair. Say what?
bwahahaha.. i know right
Old 12-07-10, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I enjoyed the season overall, but I also agree with some of the critics in these threads about how the writing has been clunky in some parts. This finale though was my least favorite episode of the season. It's too bad because I really like the flashback opening.

But the remainder of the episode felt more like bad network TV than quality AMC programming. Especially between the impossiblly advanced technology at the CDC, and the three minute countdown which lasts forever. Why was everyone waiting around the door out of the command center with so little time to escape - especially when they had no idea how they were going to do it? I really enjoy the story, but it seems like the execution is always a little off.
Old 12-07-10, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Why the windows of every single thing blew out, except for their cars?
Why they even had hearing after the big boom?
In real life, an explosion that size would've killed them instantly from the shockwave - organ would've been liquified.
Old 12-07-10, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 848 Likes on 592 Posts

Originally Posted by mgbfan
Seems like there's not much doubt whose it would be, just based on the timeline.
You're right... I forget the timeframe has been very short.

So we've got this "drama" to look forward to next season... maybe. Ugh.
Old 12-07-10, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

Things that took me out of the zombie enjoying experience.
Whatever you do never watch '24'
Old 12-07-10, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,365 Likes on 927 Posts

i liked it. i thought the cdc thing added intrigue. while i agree there were some laughable parts, there were also parts that were very good. now that they have season 2 on the horizon, i expect good things.
Old 12-07-10, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Gunde
Whatever you do never watch '24'
The thing that made me laugh about that show was how quickly they got around LA.
Old 12-07-10, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

i hope next season answers one thing for me... why havent they shot every walker they can find... im pretty sure the numbers will go down eventually...

it was funny to see dale attacking the door in the background..

they need to find a computer and see if the internet says something...
Old 12-07-10, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 329 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by raven56706
i hope next season answers one thing for me... why havent they shot every walker they can find... im pretty sure the numbers will go down eventually...

There is probably somewhere like 200million walkers in the US alone.
Old 12-07-10, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by raven56706

Ever play the old Resident Evils? Limited ammo...
Old 12-07-10, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

maybe your right... but have you played Dead Rising? LMAO

somethings going to have to give... why didnt the people just go back to the city and stay with the hispanics in the hospital or old people home

oh $#%# it... Chuck Norris would have killed a zombie with his roundhouse kick and drank the blood for shits and giggles..
Old 12-07-10, 12:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The solution is to find a farm or commune somewhere. That way, you can live off the land and not have to worry about finding food. These people are in the south, shouldn't be too hard to get out of the city and find a farm. Hell, Rick was basically on one earlier in the show, right? If it's near a water source, that's even better.

Dig a ditch around wherever you settle, line it with barbed wire, broken glass, nails, etc. so as to slow down and injure any zombies that may wander up and fall in. Then, on the inside of the ditch build a fence to further protect from zombies. When they get trapped in the ditch, you can kill them.

Obviously it needs to be a pretty deep ditch and it would take some time to build everything, but it could be done. Then just have a drawbridge of sorts so you could get in and out whenever you needed to. You could even set up further perimeters, warning devices, and traps.

But I'm sure these people would rather drive around in their cars until the gas runs out, wandering aimlessly without a plan or destination. This is the zombie apocalypse people, so just pick a place to settle down, and ride it out.
Old 12-07-10, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by kstublen
This is the zombie apocalypse people, so just pick a place to settle down, and ride it out.
It's also a TV show and given the plan of action you described, one that not many folks would probably want to watch once they settled in somewhere.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.