TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Terriers -- Season/Series? Finale -- "Hail Mary" -- 12/01/10

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-10, 07:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: Terriers -- Season/Series? Finale -- "Hail Mary" -- 12/01/10

Originally Posted by Twink
some goodbyes, but I think we should stay strong and stay on FX's toes till they cave. I also think we need a little more faith. I believe in God. And I know I'm not the only one. I don't care how this sounds, but here it is: I've given this some thought, and I believe that as mankind learns to treat eachother with love and dignity(most of us anyway), God blesses us with higher forms of artistic expression. I also believe art itself is a mystery of the divine. Not to get too philosophical, sure doesn't pay the bills. The US is one of the first countries to be inclusive to all: race, belief, strengths and weaknesses. A country that is home to those who represent all races of the world. I'm personally a US rep. Of Mexico, N. Italy, and Yugoslavia(former). Back to the US point that God has blessed us to excel in one of the most recent forms of artistic expression, television. At it's best, through emotional evocation, we learn to love and learn about that and those we don't often encounter in everyday life. So for those of you who talk to God, let's ask for some help. And so, I humbly submit, I am pretty sure God would be pretty bummed out to lose Terriers too.
i'm going to assume you were on acid when you wrote this.
Old 12-03-10, 09:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flashburn
God watches Terriers?! Holy Christ on a pike!
Ratings wise, God watching has to be the equivalent of at least a million viewers so we should have no problem getting a second season.
Old 12-03-10, 09:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Super J
Ratings wise, God watching has to be the equivalent of at least a million viewers so we should have no problem getting a second season.
God isn't a member of a Nielsen Family so those numbers don't register. Otherwise, the show would have over a million viewers instead of just under a million.
Old 12-03-10, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I know there is some kind of Touched By An Angel joke in here somewhere...
Old 12-03-10, 09:57 AM
Banned

some goodbyes, but I think we should stay strong and stay on FX's toes till they cave. I also think we need a little more faith. I believe in God. And I know I'm not the only one. I don't care how this sounds, but here it is: I've given this some thought, and I believe that as mankind learns to treat eachother with love and dignity(most of us anyway), God blesses us with higher forms of artistic expression. I also believe art itself is a mystery of the divine. Not to get too philosophical, sure doesn't pay the bills. The US is one of the first countries to be inclusive to all: race, belief, strengths and weaknesses. A country that is home to those who represent all races of the world. I'm personally a US rep. Of Mexico, N. Italy, and Yugoslavia(former). Back to the US point that God has blessed us to excel in one of the most recent forms of artistic expression, television. At it's best, through emotional evocation, we learn to love and learn about that and those we don't often encounter in everyday life. So for those of you who talk to God, let's ask for some help. And so, I humbly submit, I am pretty sure God would be pretty bummed out to lose Terriers too.

Old 12-03-10, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A little too deep for you? Just trying to make a point that God cares. But as for you, go to hell.
God doesn't give a crap about TV programs and what gets renewed or canceled.
Old 12-03-10, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by calhoun07
Nope, he left us a long time ago in sheer disappointment.
Old 12-03-10, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Can you really know the mind of God?

Instead of prayer, I'd suggest writing a letter to TV guide or Direct TV to see if someone else would pick the show up? Maybe Animal Planet?
Old 12-04-10, 01:48 AM

Please don't compare me to Sara Palin. Did I spell that right? One of the commandments says we are not to take the Lord's name in vain. From what I hear she does that on almost a daily basis. She's no Christian. And yes I do believe Jesus watches Terriers. So if God and the Holy Spirit do too, would that make one or three more viewers for the show? So complicated isn't it? Now I can see why you may have thought I was on acid. I tried posting my comment from my iPhone, and the last one was my 6th try. By then I wasn't sure what I was trying to say. Just happy it finally posted. My point was art is a powerful tool in this world. So those who love God, Christian or not, shouldn't feel like it's a waste of time. You all do keep saying we need a miracle, right? Last I heard most people pray for them. Finally, since this comment got so much attention, I wanted to say something to gay people as this forum's Christian representative. Jesus loves you just the way you are. The new testament letter by Paul was referring to obsenity. He was dealing with Greeks who used orgies as a form of spiritual worship. Love is the greatest commandment of all. Love is not a sin. Don't let hateful hypocrites keep you from knowing that you are loved by Him. But, if you're not happy with you're sexuality, take it to Him. And remember, that's between you and God alone, it's no one else's business, period. I Corinthians 13. *
Old 12-04-10, 03:53 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts

Holy Cow!...that's all I'm going to say.
Old 12-04-10, 05:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Please don't compare me to Sara Palin. Did I spell that right? One of the commandments says we are not to take the Lord's name in vain. From what I hear she does that on almost a daily basis. She's no Christian. And yes I do believe Jesus watches Terriers. So if God and the Holy Spirit do too, would that make one or three more viewers for the show? So complicated isn't it? Now I can see why you may have thought I was on acid. I tried posting my comment from my iPhone, and the last one was my 6th try. By then I wasn't sure what I was trying to say. Just happy it finally posted. My point was art is a powerful tool in this world. So those who love God, Christian or not, shouldn't feel like it's a waste of time. You all do keep saying we need a miracle, right? Last I heard most people pray for them. Finally, since this comment got so much attention, I wanted to say something to gay people as this forum's Christian representative. Jesus loves you just the way you are. The new testament letter by Paul was referring to obsenity. He was dealing with Greeks who used orgies as a form of spiritual worship. Love is the greatest commandment of all. Love is not a sin. Don't let hateful hypocrites keep you from knowing that you are loved by Him. But, if you're not happy with you're sexuality, take it to Him. And remember, that's between you and God alone, it's no one else's business, period. I Corinthians 13. *
The funny part about "taking the lord's name in vain" is not so much about saying "God damn it" like many people incorrectly think; it has more to do with calling yourself a Christian but then not acting like it. This specifically includes praying to God asking for trivial blessings or favors.

I may be incorrect in this thinking. I suppose the professor that told me could have been wrong, or I could be recollecting it incorrectly. If so I'd gladly take it back. This forum already has several well educated people in theology that I'd gladly pay attention to. Perhaps you could ask them if they'd be willing to pass the torch over to you?
Old 12-04-10, 10:35 AM
Banned

Old 12-04-10, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

And yes I do believe Jesus watches Terriers.
Jesus (and by extension God) watches EVERYTHING. He's omnipresent! That means he even watches crappy reality TV! But he's also omniscient so He already knows what would happen in season two of Terriers whether it gets made or not! He knows exactly what the creator of the show had in mind for season two. So He doesn't need to see it renewed...He already knows how season two would go!
Old 12-04-10, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Jesus (and by extension God) watches EVERYTHING. He's omnipresent! That means he even watches crappy reality TV! But he's also omniscient so He already knows what would happen in season two of Terriers whether it gets made or not! He knows exactly what the creator of the show had in mind for season two. So He doesn't need to see it renewed...He already knows how season two would go!
...but what about Season Three?
Old 12-04-10, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

A little too deep for you? Just trying to make a point that God cares. But as for you, go to hell.
So quick to rush to judgment. No forgiveness? WWJD?

I would say that God is too busy helping receivers catch touchdowns, but there is no NFL on the night Terriers airs. And Big Brother isn't airing, so he isn't helping any whores win reality competitions. Maybe you're right and he is watching, but history does show that God has horrible taste in television. Arrested Development canceled, but He approves of The Real Housewives of Everywhere?

Last edited by dino88; 12-04-10 at 06:49 PM.
Old 12-04-10, 06:42 PM
sb5
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hmm, it's been awhile since I looked at a Terriers thread at DVDTalk; maybe I'll check in on it to see what people are talking about!

Um, I'm just going to slowly back out now...
Old 12-04-10, 11:23 PM

I am now going to admit to you all that when I posted these comments... I was high as a kite! Just look at the entry times. So you can all take every word I said, and realize it was inspired by pure hallucination. So please take your WTF's and Jefferson quotes and save them for someone who truly cares.
But now that I'm finally in my right mind, I think we should get back to trying to save the show. FX, if you're reading this "thread" please throw it out with the trash. And listen to the people who do care about the future of Terriers.
Old 12-05-10, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

He thinks that shows can be saved based on DVDtalk threads. He's still tokin!
Old 12-05-10, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

He thinks that shows can be saved based on DVDtalk threads.
Then what have I been posting in all these threads for?!
Old 12-05-10, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I am now going to admit to you all that when I posted these comments... I was high as a kite! Just look at the entry times. So you can all take every word I said, and realize it was inspired by pure hallucination. So please take your WTF's and Jefferson quotes and save them for someone who truly cares.
But now that I'm finally in my right mind, I think we should get back to trying to save the show. FX, if you're reading this "thread" please throw it out with the trash. And listen to the people who do care about the future of Terriers.
Twink, you've become my favorite person on the board.
Old 12-06-10, 12:27 AM

Thanks Morpheus. Happy Birthday!
Calhoun, I'm a female. Twink? As in Twinkle Twinkle Little Star or like a Twinkie? I'm still obsessed with trying to replace the giant pink Teddy bear I got from Pottery Barn. Girls like Terriers too.
Old 12-06-10, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Twink's prayers didn't help: Terriers has been canceled.
Old 12-06-10, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom
Twink's prayers didn't help: Terriers has been canceled.
Knew it was coming, but it still sucks.
Old 12-06-10, 11:57 AM

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm three episodes in (with the other 9 or so on the DVR). It's good and I enjoy it, but I haven't been blown away. Based on the threads it seems as though the show becomes amazingly great. Soooooo...keep with it? Or if I'm not totally into it by the third episode + the fact that it's been cancelled...should I delete the remaining eps? Also, is there a larger plot that they are always pushing towards, or is it episodic?
Old 12-06-10, 11:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Man, that's really too bad. I'm not at all surprised that it got canceled, but it's a tremendous loss for quality television. I don't blame FX for not renewing it; financially it can't make sense to renew a show with such low viewership. I do, however, blame FX and whoever else was responsible for choosing the title and marketing the show; they really dropped the ball on that one and it no doubt affected ratings.

Still, I'm thankful we got such an incredible season of this show in the first place. Hopefully they at least release it on DVD and/or Blu-ray. Very doubtful, but maybe if it does really well on home video they'd consider bringing it back or making a feature film. I know Logue said if they came back for another season there would be a decent time gap between the start of season two and the end of the season one, so perhaps it could get another chance in a year or two with a new name. I'm trying to be optimistic, however unlikely, lol.

I also hope the show at least gets some Emmy recognition.

Originally Posted by david12
I'm three episodes in (with the other 9 or so on the DVR). It's good and I enjoy it, but I haven't been blown away. Based on the threads it seems as though the show becomes amazingly great. Soooooo...keep with it? Or if I'm not totally into it by the third episode + the fact that it's been cancelled...should I delete the remaining eps? Also, is there a larger plot that they are always pushing towards, or is it episodic?
It's actually one of the best combinations of serialized and stand-alone episodes I can think of; characters, plots, etc. keep popping up throughout the show. I'd say stick with it. I liked the show from the start, but loved it after the first few episodes. The places it goes and the writing/acting is just tremendous.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.