Old 11-29-10, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Chuck -- "Chuck Versus the Leftovers" -- 11/29/10

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2010-10-25

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
It's the day after Thanksgiving and Chuck (Zachary Levi) faces the most awkward of family reunions when mom (guest star Linda Hamilton) comes over for dinner - along with the dangerous Alexei Volkoff (guest star Timothy Dalton). Back at the Buy More, Morgan (Joshua Gomez) deals with the busiest shopping day of the year as Jeff (Scott Krinsky) and Lester (Vik Sahay) hatch their latest scheme.

Episode 10 of 24

Last new episode of 2010. Returns in January
Old 11-29-10, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts
Re: Chuck -- "Chuck Versus the Leftovers" -- 11/29/10

Really looking forward to this episode.
Old 11-29-10, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

Pineapple!
Old 11-29-10, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

"Come with me if you want to live." I suppose they had to go there eventually
Pole-dance combat training LOL!

Die Hard at the Buy More. Nice!

Last edited by Orbi-Wan Techno; 11-29-10 at 07:34 PM.
Old 11-29-10, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL at Morgan's McClane with the tank top, no shoes and crawling through the ductwork.
Old 11-29-10, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Laugh out loud funny. Great references to Die Hard and Terminator. One of the best episodes yet.
Old 11-29-10, 08:08 PM

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Loved Morgan with the bloody bandage on his foot and the gun taped to his back - which he could not reach.
Old 11-29-10, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Great episode. I loved the Die hard nods. ALthough the ads spoiled the Terminator nod ad nauseum, it was still great to hear it in the actual episode.

So anyone else think Chuck didn't simply get the intersect restored but rather upgraded?

Oh and Dalton's line "kid's love me" just killed me.
Old 11-29-10, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm still wondering how Morgan got the gun taped back there if he couldn't reach it ....
Old 11-29-10, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by N2DVD
Die Hard at the Buy More. Nice!
I liked it better when they did it in Season 2 (?), complete with Reginald Vel Johnson as Al Powell.

Is anybody else getting tired of Chuck's mom? I get the feeling that they don't quite know what to do with her yet, so they are constantly flip-flopping with her allegiances; She's a bad spy - Wait now she's good - Wait now she's bad again.Or is she? I just feel like the writers are giving her whatever motivation will advance the current scene, not necessarily any long character arc.
Old 11-30-10, 02:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MrSmearkase
I liked it better when they did it in Season 2 (?), complete with Reginald Vel Johnson as Al Powell.

Is anybody else getting tired of Chuck's mom? I get the feeling that they don't quite know what to do with her yet, so they are constantly flip-flopping with her allegiances; She's a bad spy - Wait now she's good - Wait now she's bad again.Or is she? I just feel like the writers are giving her whatever motivation will advance the current scene, not necessarily any long character arc.
No they probably just realized around this time they got the full season pickup so they knew they could stretch the plot out a bit.
Old 11-30-10, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by MrSmearkase
Ever watch a little show called ALIAS? A lot of those characters flip-flopped on a daily basis!

I'm getting bored with this show. I literally didn't give it 100% of my attention last night until the scene with Awesome and Chuck in the courtyard when he handed over the laptop. I guess just I expect the story to move FORWARD a little more each week instead of the last 3 minutes of each episode.
Old 11-30-10, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

My only issue with the story is that they dropped little snippets while Chuck was sans intersect that showed he can be useful without it and yet didn't go all the way with that. Here's hoping there's a twist coming now that he has it back.
Old 11-30-10, 09:01 AM

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts

I thought it was good. Lot's of funny this week. I'm a little surprised they didn't stretch the "Chuck without the intersect" out a little longer, but I'm fine with him having it back.

I don't feel that Mamma B is flipping at all. She's a good guy. She just has to occasionally do bad things to show her loyalty to Volkov. But she's always saved Chuck in the end. I just wonder if they're going to kill her off by the end of the season. If they bring down Volkov, what will happen to her?
Old 11-30-10, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by silentbob007
I'm still wondering how Morgan got the gun taped back there if he couldn't reach it ....
Have you ever tried to hold a heavy object in place with tape? It just doesn't work. I'm guessing he taped it in a position where he could reach, but by the time he got to the store room, the weight had pulled it out of position.
Old 11-30-10, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I kept waiting to hear Morgan say Yippe Ki Yay...
Old 11-30-10, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by bigjim25
I kept waiting to hear Morgan say Yippe Ki Yay...
He did at the end. Didn't he?
Old 11-30-10, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by RocShemp
He did at the end. Didn't he?
Yep, I was about 15 minutes into it when I post earlier. I just seen that part.
Old 12-01-10, 06:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

What a great episode. I was laughing out loud through the entire thing.

I agree the Die Hard bit was funnier a few years ago, but they did have the correct music playing in the background as well. I figured Morgan was going to use Jeff and Lester's pile of cell phones some how save the day.

Jeff and Lester weren't that great here - aside from the backhair bit - but hopefully this means we're getting some new Jeffster soon.

I somewhat understand why Awesome was rude to Chuck, but it came of as not-Awesome.

I loved the kids line too. We haven't had any Dalton references have we? I could understand if he didn't want to do a Bond one, but they had a great opportunity when the 3 of them got off the elevator for him to say, "Here comes the CIA!" I enjoyed his small part in Doctor Who last year, but he's just tearing it up here. The charades bit was great!!

I also think something else was going on with Intersect 3.0. That could have also been a great way to end the series if they needed to. Ace, Charles. [ENTER]; then you just see a flash. Would have been a great little bookend to the pilot.
Old 12-01-10, 09:41 AM

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I liked the Die hard bit, but other that that I could not get into it. It did not help that I had (re)watched the last episode of Dexter which moves plotlines fast.

The sillyness and seriousness of this episode did not gel.

Who was that chick who captured the buy more? I have seen that actress before....
Old 12-01-10, 07:22 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

There have been so many cameos in this show, many of them of a high quality, but Timothy Dalton has to be in the top 2, if not the best. (I won't pigeonhole myself, because I don't have an encyclopedic quality for that sort of thing.) I hope it's not the last we've seen of him and I'm disappointed because I don't think we'll get to see him in this light again. This episode was pretty hilarious, particularly where Volkoff was concerned.

I didn't think they'd leave Chuck sans Intersect for too long, just because of the whole "Intersect-wrangling" theme of many of season 3's episode. I'm just wondering if they'll have the hunt for Mama B/bringing down Volkoff's empire (or the empire for which he works). I hope, with 14 episodes left, that's not it, but also more related to if there's anything else on the computer or some other link to Papa B.
Old 12-01-10, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by wearetheborg
Who was that chick who captured the buy more? I have seen that actress before....
That would be Monet Mazur.

Spoiler:
Old 12-02-10, 05:57 AM

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp
That would be Monet Mazur.

Spoiler:
Thanks!
So it seems she has been on Castle, thats where I myst have seen her.
Old 12-02-10, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Shamus McAnally
I hope it's not the last we've seen of him and I'm disappointed because I don't think we'll get to see him in this light again. This episode was pretty hilarious, particularly where Volkoff was concerned.
I seriously doubt it will be the last. It would be smart of the writers to keep him around as the central "big bad" should the series continue (a la Blofeld in the Bond series). That certainly would diminish his screen time per episode compared to this one but would also raise the stakes in terms of character developments for all involved.
Old 12-02-10, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Watched this again last night since The Middle and Modern Family were repeats anyway. I love the Morgan Die Hard stuff.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.