Old 11-28-10, 04:00 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Dexter -- "In the Beginning" -- 11/28/10

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2010-10-03

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
While on the trail of Lumen's former attackers, Dexter stumbles onto a possible ally, but when the homicide unit finds evidence linked to one of Dexter and Lumen's earlier victims, they are forced to throttle back. Meanwhile, Debra identifies two more suspects in the Barrel Girls investigation.

Episode 10 of 12

Promo:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YMtXGtGvmAc?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YMtXGtGvmAc?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 11-28-10, 05:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Dexter -- "In the Beginning" -- 11/28/10

Really looking forward to this episode. This has been my favorite season of Dexter since season 1, and Julia Stiles has been my favorite guest star. I'm hoping and pulling that she can somehow stick around and become a series regular.
Old 11-28-10, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

finally caught up last night. this season started out slowly, but damn if it hasn't picked up and been very intriguing. no way it can top last year, but i'm enjoying the hell out of it.
Old 11-28-10, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Deftones View Post
finally caught up last night. this season started out slowly, but damn if it hasn't picked up and been very intriguing. no way it can top last year, but i'm enjoying the hell out of it.
agree 100%...
Old 11-28-10, 08:38 PM

So did this get renewed for another season?
Old 11-28-10, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As far as I know, there is no end in sight. We're good for at least another season or two, I'd imagine.
Old 11-28-10, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Damn. Great episode. For a season that started off fairly slow, there sure is a lot of shit going on at the moment.
Old 11-28-10, 10:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

...and that other Fuentes brother is still out there somewhere, isn't he?
Old 11-28-10, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man View Post
...and that other Fuentes brother is still out there somewhere, isn't he?
Yup. That hasn't really been brought up too much, so I'm hoping there's some sort of big payoff with it.
Old 11-28-10, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

The switching houses bit seemed like sort of a cheap fake-out, but other than that a great episode.

I've meant to bring this up for a few weeks, but kept forgetting: Jordan Chase's blood vial made me think that his ex-wife, Angelina Jolie, was known for wearing a vial of Billy Bob Thornton's blood during their marriage.

I doubt it's a reference, but it just struck me as interesting.
Old 11-29-10, 01:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

"I haven't been apart from him (Harrison) since Rita died"

You know..if you don't count 23 hours of every day.

Last edited by superfro; 11-29-10 at 02:05 AM.
Old 11-29-10, 02:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, and the babysitter is the one that drives him to grampa's?

Agree about the fake out, but I still was nervous because Deb was "going to find about Dex". I mean, I was sure that wasn't going to happen but couldn't wait to see how they were going to handle it.

Also, Jordan Chase looks like a great villain, I would have loved to see more of him.
Old 11-29-10, 02:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

All Dexter has to do to get him alone is to play some George Michael music.

I am really enjoying the Dexter/Lumen relationship, and I hope they find a way to continue it into next year.
Old 11-29-10, 04:46 AM

Same--I don't see Lumen staying on in Miami once Jordan is taken care of, but it'd be nice to know that she's still out there and capable of returning before the end of the series.
Old 11-29-10, 05:43 AM

Agreement with the last two posters. Great character played by a very good actress.

The house-switching fakeout completely caught me by surprise. I read the preview on DirecTV and it mentioned something about Dexter finding an ally. Stupid me, I assumed that was going to be Quinn, who'd bumble into the room ahead of Deb.
Old 11-29-10, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I liked the date night aspect of the kill, the gift of the gloves, Dexter putting the necklace on Lumen and the "How do I look?" bits. That seemed well used.

I have a crazy theory, which I'll spoilerize just in case:

Spoiler:
I'm thinking maybe Deb and Quinn will get to Chase before Dexter and Lumen do. No real strong evidence of that, just a feeling, but the police seem just about as far along as Dexter does, which is kind of rare. It would be nice to see the police actually be somewhat competent at their job for once on this show, and Jordan living will deprive Lumen at that little bit of revenge that might satisfy her, driving her to keep working with Dexter.
Old 11-29-10, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

The last few episodes have been so damn good. Really can't wait to see how this season will end!! I sort of thought something was up with Deb and Quinn walking into the house and neither Dexter or Lumen hearing them so I wasn't all that surprised when they turned out to be in the house for sale. Plus Dexter has done a couple other kills in homes that were for sale, sorta makes sense since they are abandoned and less chance of being caught.
Old 11-29-10, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This is only a theory.

I think that Dexter and Lumen are going to end up in a situation where they are going to get caught by the police, and Lumen is going to take the fall for Dexter, either after they've killed everyone or knowing if they both get caught, Jordan Chase won't get punished.

However, that doesn't address Peter Weller's storyline.

They've shown that Deb feels "good" about having a vigilante hunting these guys, but I think her finding out about Dexter ends the show (she either turns him in or covers for him, and he's been doing pretty well on his own. If he's got somebody covering for him on the police force, it takes a lot of drama and tension out of the show). Maybe Quinn finds out about him and decides to keep quiet for some reason? Then they have some sort of uneasy alliance (maybe he thinks Dexter was just helping Lumen, and it was a way for Dexter to work through losing his wife? I don't know).

I think Weller ends up dead by the end of the show, and not necessarily by Dexter's hands.
Old 11-29-10, 11:09 AM

I'm on board with the "Lumen takes the fall" theory. She would get off easy considering the circumstances, but Dexter would be looking at a long prison term for his involvement.
Old 11-29-10, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think Lumen getting caught and protecting Dexter is the most logical ending. How many guest stars can the kill?

By the way, where exactly is Deb living now? I know she was staying at Quinn's, but wasn't she like really, really pissed at him b/c he was hunting her brother. Even if she took him back, wouldn't she be at the apartment for at least a little while?
Old 11-29-10, 11:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Phew, that was good.
Old 11-29-10, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So what about Weller's character then? He's got evidence on both of them? Dead? Discredited?
Old 11-29-10, 12:33 PM

As far as Liddy goes, I've read some interesting things. Like Quinn and Liddy aruging at some point about the evidence and Quinn accidentally killing him. But either way, Liddy did get evidence illegally, and a court wouldn't accept it because of that. I don't think it will ever get that far though. Liddy may have some secrets that warrent Dexter offing him, or something may happen to the evidence to destroy it. I'm excited either way.
Old 11-29-10, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Chase is going to try to kill them all - Waffleface, Robocop and Dexter.
Old 11-29-10, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mwbmis View Post
I think Lumen getting caught and protecting Dexter is the most logical ending. How many guest stars can the kill?

By the way, where exactly is Deb living now? I know she was staying at Quinn's, but wasn't she like really, really pissed at him b/c he was hunting her brother. Even if she took him back, wouldn't she be at the apartment for at least a little while?
I was wondering that too. I figured since Lumen was staying at the apartment, of course Deb would come home and create some sort of wacky Three's Company hijinx.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.