DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Survivor: Nicaragua – Lame Clip Show - Nov. 24th/New Episode - Dec. 1st (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/582544-survivor-nicaragua-%96-lame-clip-show-nov-24th-new-episode-dec-1st.html)

cdollaz 12-01-10 08:54 PM

Re: Survivor: Nicaragua – Lame Clip Show - Nov. 24th/New Episode - Dec. 1st

Even better, they should have cardboard cutouts of them in their spots at the reunion show.

DWilson 12-01-10 09:18 PM

Just looking at the number of episodes left, we were already heading for a double elimination. Its just that with two people quitting, the necessary Drama has to be built up in a different way; that's one reason they were given time too thi nk about it, -to build drama from everyone around them rather than just "Bye, don't let door hit ya..". I just wonder, -if Naonka or Kelly had decided to stay, -then how would the episode have been constructed, since there wasn't an "Immunity Challenge"...

Tommy Ceez 12-01-10 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by DWilson (Post 10522190)
I just wonder, -if Naonka or Kelly had decided to stay, -then how would the episode have been constructed, since there wasn't an "Immunity Challenge"...

Jane was wearing the necklace...was that from last week?

brainee 12-01-10 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Tommy Ceez (Post 10522222)
Jane was wearing the necklace...was that from last week?

They always seem to let the previous week's winner keep it until the start of the next immunity challenge - so that's probably it.

Jeff really does get pissed off at quitters, does he? I agree - quitters (at least for non health-related reasons) shouldn't be allowed to judge at final tribal council. Especially quitters as pathetic as these two. On the Ponderosa videos, they always show the losers get driven off in a van to the resort site. This time, they should drive the 2 of them to the middle of nowhere, tell them to step out since they're at the resort ... and drive off, letting them find their own way home.

I'd say it amazed me how selfish Naonka could be to take the reward knowing she was leaving the game later that night. But there are shitty human beings in the world, and some of them play Survivor. No one brought it up (at least on camera), but I didn't think Dan was much better. He didn't do a thing during the challenge, so he couldn't even use Naonka's "I deserve it for winning" excuse. You'd think Dan would've considered earning some "character" points with the others, seeing how physically awful he's been.

JuryDuty 12-01-10 10:29 PM

I don't think the quitters should be allowed to be on the jury. That said, I think purple Kelly followed NaOnka out because she didn't think she had anyone on her side. What she didn't realize is that everything will go crazy and these people will turn on each other. She could have had half a chance. It's willpower at this point and they just didn't have it.

Dan should have stood up and taken the rice and tarp since he didn't even play...though surely he was waiting for NaOnka to do it first. Selfish, selfish, selfish on her part. And she completely justifies it.

JuryDuty 12-01-10 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by AJW (Post 10522053)
Agreed. They quit so they don't deserve to sit on the jury. Send them home.

I'm kind of surprised one of the jury members didn't stand up and ask for a spot back in the game! Not that they would have gotten it from Jeff but ......

I actually like that idea. I'd be TICKED if I were voted out by NaOnka and then she quit next round.

Josh-da-man 12-01-10 11:04 PM

Gotta love how Naonka couldn't even quit the game gracefully.

When Jeff asked what they should do with the torches, I was hoping someone would say one-legged Kelly should come back and cram it up Naonka's ass.

Jeremy517 12-01-10 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by DWilson (Post 10522190)
I just wonder, -if Naonka or Kelly had decided to stay, -then how would the episode have been constructed, since there wasn't an "Immunity Challenge"...

I got the impression that this was just a special gathering at the tribal council location, and that this wasn't the normally scheduled tribal council. If neither had quit, I assume they would have gone back to camp, had an immunity challenge the next day, and then gone on to the normally scheduled tribal council.

I do wonder, though, how they were planning on eliminating six or seven people in the last eleven days.

Goldberg74 12-01-10 11:16 PM

Well, at least Chase got an HII out of this whole thing. I wonder if any of the remaining 7 know about it?

NiCK Crush 12-01-10 11:34 PM

NaOnka is one of the worst human beings ever put on television.

dino88 12-01-10 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by cdollaz (Post 10522119)
I'm not really sure why all of the remaining players were upset when 2 of them quit. I'd be tickled if 2 of my opponents removed themselves from the game.

Unless they were in your alliance (Sash).

outcastja 12-01-10 11:42 PM

What a horrible season. Just filled with a bunch of unlikeable people and quitters. Even Brenda pretty much quit last time when she was on the chopping block since she thought "scrambling" to save herself looked weak.

Not many redeeming qualities in this season. I can't think of any season that was as bad or worse than this one.

mgbfan 12-01-10 11:42 PM

Good riddance to two of the more pathetic players Survivor has seen. One who never opened her mouth, and one who never should have.

brainee 12-01-10 11:53 PM

New Ponderosa videos are up. And, disappointingly, they're lacking in drama.

It was funny to see the health care woman (who weighs the contestants when they leave) even be disappointed in these two losers. She was like, "Yeah, they lost some weight. But physically they were fine and could've kept going". Marty, Alina, and Brenda were pissed after the TC. But Brenda and Marty decided to take high road, and welcomed Kelly and Naonka there. Though Alina appeared to stay in her room and complain to the camera-person the whole time.

Cardsfan111 12-02-10 12:15 AM

Just caught up on tonight's episode and agree wholeheartedly about these 2 losers not being able to participate on the jury. I'd still want them on the reunion show if only to give all the other contestants a chance to rip into them once more.

And Jeff absolutely despises folks who quit. Guaranteed he'll tear these girls up when his blog is posted.

Fandango 12-02-10 12:30 AM

Any idea what Alina was crying about? Was it just her being mad that these two quit and she could have still been there?

Arthur Dent 12-02-10 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by Fandango (Post 10522440)
Was it just her being mad that these two quit and she could have still been there?

Yes.

Howie2000 12-02-10 01:23 AM

I don't get the moral outrage over them quitting. Excluding all star seasons its been years since Survivor had a season someone did not quit.Kelly was some 20 year old recruit who likely had never seen the show until she got on and probably had no idea what she was getting herself into.

The blame lays squarely on the people who keep recruiting players who don't have a passion for Survivor or at the very least competition in general.

Outcastja how long have you been watching Survivor? This season is an all time classic compared to Fiji,Samoa and Cook Islands.

Howie2000 12-02-10 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by cardsfan111 (Post 10522420)
And Jeff absolutely despises folks who quit.

Unless they save his favorites. He was practically begging Janu to quit to save
Stephanie in Pulau.

superfro 12-02-10 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by Howie2000 (Post 10522469)
Outcastja how long have you been watching Survivor? This season is an all time classic compared to Fiji,Samoa and Cook Islands.

I've been watching from the beginning and the cast/challenges/editing this season are all pretty fucking terrible IMO.

Not much to add on the quitting thing as everybody has pretty much covered all that needs to be said. My favorite part was Jeff asking Naonka if she was selfish. "I don't care about anyone else or any other opinions." Maybe she thought he was asking her for a definition. :lol:

Howie2000 12-02-10 01:50 AM

The challenges are all cupcake challenges because they wanted a certain well known NFL Legend to go far.

dino88 12-02-10 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by Howie2000 (Post 10522469)

You keep repeating this every week, but I doubt the 95% of people who disagree are going to change their mind.

cdollaz 12-02-10 07:24 AM

Marty, Brenda, and Alina have nothing to be pissed about. They are out of the game because of their own gameplay. 2 players quitting doesn't mean they should be allowed a do-over. They had their shot and blew it.

Kdogg 12-02-10 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by brainee (Post 10522286)

Jeff really does get pissed off at quitters, does he?

Earlier in the season he had a diatribe on his Survivor blog about quitters explaining why he hates them. I guess I should have seen the foreshadowing.

Also how does Dan justify going on the reward trip? Does he become the new guy to drag into the final two/three?

Cardsfan111 12-02-10 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by cdollaz (Post 10522633)
Marty, Brenda, and Alina have nothing to be pissed about. They are out of the game because of their own gameplay. 2 players quitting doesn't mean they should be allowed a do-over. They had their shot and blew it.

If I'm in their shoes, I'm not begging for a do-over. However, I'd be upset that players who might have contributed to voting me out just days before were now throwing in the towel...if they had quit a little earlier, the outcome might have been a little different. Combine that with just being disgusted to see people quit when you'd give anything to still be playing....I can see why they'd be upset and have no problem with it.