Old 11-23-10, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
No Ordinary Family -- "No Ordinary Accident" -- 11/23/10

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2010-09-03

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Stephanie tries to uncover the reason behind Jim's sudden loss of powers, which could put an end to his crime fighting days; Chaka may be facing criminal charges after he's caught hacking into the school computer system by his teacher; Daphne uses her abilities to impress a boy; and Katie begins falling for her mysterious new beau.

Episode 8 of 22

There are 2 more new episodes left after tonight before it takes a break until 2011.
Old 11-23-10, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: No Ordinary Family -- "No Ordinary Accident" -- 11/23/10

Next week I'm going to do a shot for every time they say the word "powers".
Old 11-24-10, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Seriously, lipgloss kryptonite? There are some naughty offshoots of such a weakness...
Old 11-24-10, 02:40 AM

The whole operation part had me rolling my eyes. A guy with a 3' long pipe in his chest is just wheeled out of the ICU? And Chaka can visit him in the ICU? As far as I know, only family members would be allowed in there. He is brought down to the OR, but it is closed (for some dumb reason), according to a security guy. But another doctor comes down to go into the same OR for a scheduled operation?

The DA's girlfriend recovered quickly from her gunshot wound!

Chaka hacks into the school computer system to change a friend's grade?

Why do they always show the mother moving really quickly when she only has to take a couple of steps to move to another spot in the room?

I really hope next week's episode turns the corner (looks like some actual battles will be fought from the previews), as this show is really starting to lose me. It has so much potential, but I really don't think the writers know what direction they should take it.

--John
Old 11-24-10, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I guess I just have to accept that this show will always be a mixed bag. Daphne's story was boring. Jim being able to just wheel a guy out of ICU was ridiculous. I did laugh at the doctor informing the wife that her husband was as good as dead, and then he just walked off like he didn't give a shit.

Loved the showdown between Jim and the carjackers, and Jim knocking the guy out with a tire. Also liked Katie's story and the introduction of a kryptonite.

Originally Posted by JSwarce View Post
Chaka hacks into the school computer system to
change a friend's grade?
Ah, Chaka - such a brilliant brain and yet so stupid. That teacher is cartoonish.
Old 11-25-10, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yes this show has a lot of problems but it is still entertaining to me. I guess for me it is light entertainment...nothing that requires too much concentration while watching. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.....
Old 11-28-10, 11:29 PM

i have this on my dvr, i think all but the pilot. is it even worth investing the time into getting caught up or is it gonna be dumped like majority of shows nowadays
Old 11-28-10, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by superman69 View Post
i have this on my dvr, i think all but the pilot. is it even worth investing the time into getting caught up or is it gonna be dumped like majority of shows nowadays
It got a full 22 episode season. A 2nd season won't be determined until May 2011.
Old 11-29-10, 02:33 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by JSwarce View Post
Chaka hacks into the school computer system to change a friend's grade?
Yeah, he may have genius intellect, but he's still got a serious common sense deficit. I didn't get the impression that the computer was a standalone, so why not just use that super brain to tap in remotely?

The previous week it was the utterly stupid fake online dating profile guy.

He must take after dad, who continues to operate without even attempting to conceal his identity even after a couple close calls.
Old 12-01-10, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I just watched this and the previous episode. The last one was good but this was a drag. I ended up just FF through most of it. Autumn Reeser is about the only reason I'm sticking around.

PS. I just google Reeser to make sure I had the name right and learned that she announced that she's preggers on JKL last night. It's going to be a trick to work that into the show if they don't take the "always standing behind something" route.
Old 12-12-10, 12:36 AM

I just got around to watching this episode. Why didn't Stephanie lose her powers since she was the one actually wearing the lip gloss? Was Jim the only one that was allergic to it? Since it killed the flower it seems like it would affect everyone with powers.
Old 12-12-10, 01:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Super J View Post
I just got around to watching this episode. Why didn't Stephanie lose her powers since she was the one actually wearing the lip gloss? Was Jim the only one that was allergic to it? Since it killed the flower it seems like it would affect everyone with powers.
It's Jim's "kryptonite" only. Apparently each super person has their own unique weakness. As far as your last point...I would agree. I chalk it up to sloppy writing.