Old 11-22-10, 05:51 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Chuck -- "Chuck Versus Phase Three" -- 11/22/10

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2010-10-25

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Chuck (Zachary Levi), Sarah (Yvonne Strahovski), Casey (Adam Baldwin) and Morgan (Joshua Gomez) venture into the jungles of Southeast Asia when The Belgian (guest star Richard Chamberlain) attempts to unravel the secrets of the Intersect. Meanwhile, Captain Awesome (Ryan McPartlin) and Ellie (Sarah Lancaster) try to decipher a secret left behind by her father.

Episode 9 of 24

1 more episode left until Chuck takes the Holidays off until January.
Old 11-22-10, 07:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Chuck -- "Chuck Versus Phase Three" -- 11/22/10

Spoiler:

Just to get people psyched for tonight's ep.
Old 11-22-10, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Should be fun. Looking forward to Sarah(Yvonne) kicking a little @$$.
Old 11-22-10, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That pic reminds me of last season when she strapped herself under the car and took the guards down.
Old 11-22-10, 08:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Shamokin Hot that woman. A touch too little Chuck and a touch too much mushy love stuff
Old 11-22-10, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Hmmmm, are Elle and Awesome going to be the new Intersect?
Old 11-22-10, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great episode tonight, Awesome having to provide medical care to the entire Buy More staff to get the laptop fixed was brilliant. Sarah and pitfighting, and Morgan as a lost tourist, we were rolling.
Old 11-22-10, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Timber View Post
Hmmmm, are Elle and Awesome going to be the new Intersect?
We probably would have seen something more at the end, though I did think Awesome was going to get flashed the whole time.
Old 11-23-10, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dfmaverick2 View Post
Looking forward to Sarah(Yvonne) kicking a little @$$.
"It's the giant blond shemale, run away!!"

pretty good ep, even if it was mostly just Sarah beating up people for about an hour.. Chuck losing the Intersect has been a little more interesting then I thought it would be..

IMO the show is still slowly running out of anything to do story wise and looks to be writing them themselves into a corner as to Chucks Intersect skills but I'll keep watching to see what happens.
Old 11-23-10, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

I thought that was probably my favorite episode since season 2. It was firing on all cylinders, kicking things off with Lester in bed with Chuck and Sarah. Morgan as a lost hiker? Casey having his "regular" from the Thai waitress was great. Then you have Sarah kicking monumental ass. Awesome doing medical favors for Nerd Herd help was funny, but why not just pay them?

Also I thought Chuck losing his memories angle was pretty dark and was extremely effective. Even after he woke up I wasn't sure if he was "all" there.

Simply put; I LOVED this episode.
Old 11-23-10, 03:35 PM

I was also looking forward to Awesome getting his own intersect. If he doesn't after that long tease, I'm going to be disappointed.
Old 11-23-10, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I suppose anything can happen on Chuck, but initially, Chuck was made out to be a unique person able to hold the vast amount of information associated with the intersect. Ellie could be explained since she's a genetic relative. I suppose Awesome could be explained because... well, he's Awesome. Still, that'll dilute the uniqueness of Chuck as a person with a brain that can not only hold the intersect, but access it.
Old 11-23-10, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Really, Devon?

You know it's clearly a spy thing and you invite over everyone from the BuyMore? Why not just ask Chuck or Morgan?
Old 11-23-10, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

With Ellie and Awesome not being in every episode due to budget restrictions, I'm guessing if they get the intersect, it will be a short story arc.
Old 11-23-10, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by JimRochester View Post
With Ellie and Awesome not being in every episode due to budget restrictions, I'm guessing if they get the intersect, it will be a short story arc.
Pray it doesn't happen at all, but if it does, it better wrap up almost instantly. Absolutely stupid if it happens. (And I'm an ardent supporter of this show, but I just can't go in for that story line.)

Pretty good Sarah episode again. It was kind of neat to not have a Chuck-centric show.
Old 11-24-10, 03:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin View Post
I thought that was probably my favorite episode since season 2. It was firing on all cylinders, kicking things off with Lester in bed with Chuck and Sarah. Morgan as a lost hiker? Casey having his "regular" from the Thai waitress was great. Then you have Sarah kicking monumental ass. Awesome doing medical favors for Nerd Herd help was funny, but why not just pay them?

Also I thought Chuck losing his memories angle was pretty dark and was extremely effective. Even after he woke up I wasn't sure if he was "all" there.

Simply put; I LOVED this episode.
I'm with you on all counts.

Sarah trying to get Chuck to wake up reminded me of Trinity trying to wake up Neo.

Morgan's hat reminded me of a hat that Jayne wore on Firefly. Accidental or intentional reference?

Yvonne kicking ass always turns me on. Gorgeous blonde bombshell who doesn't take shit from anyone and kicks major ass physically and in the looks and acting department? Yes please!
Old 11-24-10, 07:18 AM

I didnt like this episode. I liked the part where Yvonne was going all crazy in the Castle and Morgan, but the rest, going to Thailand, the fights, Awesome calling for the buymore team, it just seemed too fragmented and not serious enough; and yet the situation was dire.
Old 11-24-10, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Shamus McAnally View Post
Pray it doesn't happen at all, but if it does, it better wrap up almost instantly. Absolutely stupid if it happens. (And I'm an ardent supporter of this show, but I just can't go in for that story line.)

Pretty good Sarah episode again. It was kind of neat to not have a Chuck-centric show.
It wasn't the lack of Chuck so much but the abundance of tears. Her being upset was OK, but she was always such a spy to suddenly be such a wimp emotionally
Old 11-24-10, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't think Sarah's changes are sudden. She was previously ready to leave her spy life to be with Chuck, and he pulled out. She's not the woman she was in the first episode. She loves her country and wants to serve it, but she loves her guy too -- more. Does that make her wimpy? Maybe, maybe not.
Old 11-26-10, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I thought it was a pretty good episode. The scenes inside Chuck's mind were great - they had a very creepy vibe to them. I'm with Corvin too - I wasn't sure Chuck was all there even after they rescued him. That could have been an interesting take, but also cliche.

The interaction between old Casey and old Sarah was great.

Loved Morgan's Star Wars reference. And it was apt too!
Old 11-29-10, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Yeah, I thought it was all pretty good.

I thought Awesome calling in the Buy More team sort of made sense, since Chuck, Morgan, Sarah AND Casey were all MIA at the time.

I'm definitely interested in seeing where the Ellie/Awesome storyline goes. Could be cool if they become the intersect for a time, but obviously, I'd like to see it find its way back to Chuck by the end of the season.
Old 11-29-10, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Xander View Post
I'm definitely interested in seeing where the Ellie/Awesome storyline goes. Could be cool if they become the intersect for a time, but obviously, I'd like to see it find its way back to Chuck by the end of the season.
I really hope they don't do that. This show comes very close to crossing a line that makes it too silly for its own good. I have always liked the episodes that deal with Chuck's personal dilemas and/or his family. Whenever that happens you either get the "good guy" or "let's get serious" Chuck. Then there are times when he acts goofy beyond joking around and it just doesn't fit. If Ellie/Awesome turn into the intersect you may as well have Morgan get a promotion and replace Casey overnight.