Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Human Target -- Season Premiere -- "Ilsa Pucci" -- 11/17/10

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-10, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Human Target -- Season Premiere -- "Ilsa Pucci" -- 11/17/10

The ep was good, but I don't like the addition of the women. The thief I don't mind, especially if she's a guest star, but as soon as I saw the new boss lady in the opening credits I groaned. It seems like something a show would do when they get a note from the network.

Besides that, structurally the show was working as it was. They don't need "someone to answer to". That's BS, as is the producer's line that the new cast "just happened to be women."
Old 11-19-10, 06:39 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 155 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Guerrero (Jackie Earl Haley) is a mysterious figure. He's a computer and weapons guy.
He also use to work for the same people Chance did. We know why Chance left but nor Guerrero.
Old 11-19-10, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Originally Posted by wmansir
The ep was good, but I don't like the addition of the women. The thief I don't mind, especially if she's a guest star, but as soon as I saw the new boss lady in the opening credits I groaned. It seems like something a show would do when they get a note from the network.
Totally, it doesn't matter what kind of b.s. they toss out there it reeks of a network mandate. I'm ambivalent about the additions so far, we'll see how it goes.
Old 11-19-10, 09:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yep, I'm still in wait and see mode too.

However, this quote that tells me Miller doesn't get the show:
"The most interesting thing might be to have someone in charge of this company in some way," Miller continued. "Someone who these guys, who were running roughshod, had to answer to. It might be even more fun if that character was super-loaded, so the guys have access to a more affluent world. If you made it an attractive love interest for Chance, then you get another level to it."
As I read that I was thinking, no...no...hell no. They don't need a boss. They don't need a huge bankroll. And they most definitely don't need anyone interfering with the hottie of the week format.

I've read another interview where he says S1 was all action and he wants to make it more character focused. Again, no.
Old 11-19-10, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

That whole bit stood out for me as well, but he did work on Chuck so he gets the benefit of the doubt so far. Now if they pulled someone fresh of Heroes red flags would be flying high.
Old 11-20-10, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD
Thanks for the reminder, I would have forgotten about this. I've changed boxes since last show so I need to reset my DVR to get this one. Who did Janet Montgomery play on Entourage? She looks familiar.
She's the admin assistant for Eric, and probable love interest for Drama in the next season.
Old 11-20-10, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

She also played the stripper who gave FF advice in the champagne room on The League.
Old 11-20-10, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Great episode although it could have used a better conclusion of last season's finale.

I liked the two new female additions. Not sure if the show needed two new members, but I like the potential.
Old 11-20-10, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Nth Power
Great episode although it could have used a better conclusion of last season's finale.
Considering last season ended with Chance going off with Armand Assante as his old boss to save Winston because the people who kidnapped Winston were actually after him and there was no sign of that plot point or Assante anywhere near the opening of the show, I'd say that's a bit of a crappy way to wrap up a cliffhanger by ignoring quite a few big pieces.
Old 11-21-10, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Complaints...complaints people!!!! YA!!!!! Enough already in spanish.....

Be thankful the show is back. I enjoyed the episode. It was not perfect but it is back and I am looking forward to the rest of season 2. Loved the first season and I am sure I will love this one. Ignorant people who already want to talk about the show being canceled are just that....ignorant. They were talking this same shit last year and guess what....we are now watching season 2.
Old 11-23-10, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I've been rewatching the first season this week, just to remind myself how good it was. And it was very good. It also reminded me of how well the hottie of the week casting worked on this show.

I'm still keeping my fingers crossed.