Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Dancing with the Stars - Season 11 - "4 Stars/Results Show" (11/15-16/10)

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Which couple will have the lowest combined score and be going home this week?
Bristol Palin (Daughter of former Alaskan Governor Sarah Palin) w/ Mark Ballas [Ballin']
76.92%
Brandy Norwood (Grammy Award Winning Singer & Actress) w/ Maksim Chmerkovskiy [Bran DMC]
15.38%
Jennifer Grey (Golden Globe Nominated Actress) w/ Derek Hough [Jenougher]
0%
Kyle Massey (Disney Channel Star) w/ Lacey Schwimmer [Schmurgles]
7.69%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Dancing with the Stars - Season 11 - "4 Stars/Results Show" (11/15-16/10)

Old 11-17-10, 10:04 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Dancing with the Stars - Season 11 - "4 Stars/Results Show" (11/15-16/10)

It looks like Bristol Palin's partner is dancing with a 'Real Doll'.

Brandy got hosed, but then again, Brandy killed a woman so...
Old 11-17-10, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by brianluvdvd
Most people listened to Simon Cowell on American Idol when he harshly criticized a singer that seemed popular with America and I think the same would ring true here.
So you would prefer a show where most of the fanbase are Lemmings who follow the orders to vote for the Producers chosen one.
Old 11-17-10, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Howie2000
...but I always applaud when people with 0 dance experience like Kyle Massey and Birstol Palin outlast a ringer.
That is pretty much how I feel. I always root against the "obvious" winner.
Old 11-17-10, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by wm lopez
Just watch THE VIEW to see how pissed off Joy Bahar gets that Bristol is still on.
That's reason enough right there to want Bristol to win the whole thing. Just to see that fat, loudmouth bitch blow her top.
Old 11-17-10, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I am OK with Brandy's elimination. The way the video packages have been going for the past few weeks, it has felt like the producers were pushing for her to win, and I don't think she deserved all the praise.

I think Kyle and Bristol are getting a lot of votes because of their young age, and their underdog status (with both being untrained, and both having grown so much over the season). And to be fair, both deserve some praise for that. Watching Bristol's video package on Monday showed just how much her attitude has changed, and her commitment to give it everything she has.

Still, I believe this is Jennifer's contest to win or lose. If she dances as well in her freestyle as she did last night, she'll be a lock to win it all. And I'll be ecstatic if/when she wins.
Old 11-17-10, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

So next week I bet the judges will give Jennifer and Kyle all 10's (and maybe a 9 sprinkled in) but Bristol will get all 8's. I just don't see the judges wanting Bristol to win this all.
Old 11-17-10, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts

ABC is loving this:

man shoots television, police standoff over Dancing with the Stars/Bristol Palin

ABC has learned their lesson after Kate Gosslin and Heather Mills got voted off too soon. Ratings started to go down after those two left the show. The ratings have been pretty consistent this season as apparently people are tuning in to watch Bristol survive each week. They have been tweaking the scoring format weighing the judging scores and the audience scores so I can see them propping Palin up to the finale. It's good for ratings to have her in the competition until the end. Winning ... well I doubt it would hurt the show one bit since popular but "less talented" dancers have won in the past.
Old 11-17-10, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 598 Likes on 462 Posts

Originally Posted by Ranger
Damn, video got deleted there.

I think i found another link. Is it the same video (strip dance) It's 2:38 mins.
http://www.shabooty.com/2010/11/16/a...ance-video.php
This be the hotty in the video:

Old 11-17-10, 06:32 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cdollaz
That's reason enough right there to want Bristol to win the whole thing. Just to see that fat, loudmouth bitch blow her top.
I'm a regular watcher of the show because I like to see the liberal side on current events. Since they had the Bill O'Reilly incident I've noticed a more self control among the women hosts. For example if one's talking and Barbra begins to talk the other shuts up quickly with a look on their face. Notice Elizabeth on Wed. show. It's like they have had a staff meeting about this.
Joy said something on Wed. about Eva Longoria's divorce that it was going to happen because she married a athlete, French man. Imagine if Elizabeth had said she married a athlete,Black man. There would be a firestorm!
But Joy will get a pass. Whooppe continues to get a pass on her white girl valley girl impersonation.
Old 11-17-10, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by RoboDad
I am OK with Brandy's elimination. The way the video packages have been going for the past few weeks, it has felt like the producers were pushing for her to win, and I don't think she deserved all the praise.

I think Kyle and Bristol are getting a lot of votes because of their young age, and their underdog status (with both being untrained, and both having grown so much over the season). And to be fair, both deserve some praise for that. Watching Bristol's video package on Monday showed just how much her attitude has changed, and her commitment to give it everything she has.

Still, I believe this is Jennifer's contest to win or lose. If she dances as well in her freestyle as she did last night, she'll be a lock to win it all. And I'll be ecstatic if/when she wins.
I agree. Bristol and Kyle are likable.

It does show how popular Mark is; Bristol wouldn't have made it this far with someone like Maks.
Old 11-17-10, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 54 Likes on 49 Posts

Go Bristol Palin and your extra chins!
Old 11-22-10, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

What is so aggravating to me is how they coddle Bristol, like they are afraid of hurting her feelings. They never once this season have been honest with her or given her honest scores. If they gave her the 6's and 7's she deserves, and she gets voted into the finals, then so be it. But to give her 9's after they rip into every one else is so frustrating. To say she is just a bit below Jennifer is ridiculous, and for them to criticize Kyle on that really good dance, and then to say nothing to Bristol shows how they skewed this season. Politics has ruined one of my favorite shows, and I know I shouldnt care that much, but its just so blatant.
Old 11-22-10, 08:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've enjoyed this season although i was a bit underwhelmed with the finale, in particular the freestyles. Jennifer and Derek are the most deserving although i'm still partial to Kyle and Lacey. If Bristol wins they should just cancel the show.
Old 11-22-10, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 209 Likes on 185 Posts

The show did everything they could to push Jennifer for the win; however, both dances had a clumsy moment or two and didn't have the ooomph that they could have. That being said, I wish Kyle and Lacey's Free-Style was better than it was, but (just like she did with Lance Bass) Lacey went with "Hip Hop" and, frankly, it wasn't very challenging "Hip Hop". I ended up voting for Jennifer. Voting for her was tough, though, since the lines were busy most of the time and the online voting kept timing out.