Old 11-15-10, 05:13 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Hawaii Five-O -- "Po'ipu" -- 11/15/10

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2010-10-07

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
When a member of the security detail for an upcoming Aid Summit is murdered before he can reveal the details of an assassination plot, Five-0 is brought in to investigate the murder and protect the target, a ruthless dictator.

Guest Starring:

Kelly Hu
Max Martini (The Unit)
Emmanuelle Vaugier

Story by Peter M. Lenkov & Shane Salerno

Teleplay by Shane Salerno

Directed by Brad Turner

Episode 9 of 22-24 episodes

1 more episode left after tonight before the show goes into repeats until January.

Promo:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GIKTvsP34mE?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GIKTvsP34mE?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 11-15-10, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk God

Re: Hawaii Five-O -- "Po'ipu" -- 11/15/10

Bump for the East. Glad to see that Kelly Hu's appearance wasn't a 1-time deal.
Old 11-15-10, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not sure how believable this ep was, but I enjoyed it. The McGarrett/Danno banter was great, and I liked the showdown at the end.

Bing 'em, Danno!
Old 11-16-10, 01:39 AM
DVD Talk God

My only real complaint was that Kelly Hu was only in 1 fricking scene.

Other than that, this was an awesome episode. Probably from an action standpoint, the best since the Pilot. Max Martini was a solid villain. Ever since The Unit got canned 2 seasons ago, he's probably been getting the most consistent work out of the entire cast. He was on White Collar, Lie to Me, Dark Blue all within the last year.

The McGarrett and Danno banter was awesome as usual.

What made this episode work for me:

1) Emmanuelle Vaugier as the sexy assassin and the gratuitous black bra and panty shot - check
2) Several intense shootouts - check
3) Cars blowing up - check
4) Night standoff at the McGarrett house with multiple assassins and night vision - check

I do have to wonder if the General Pak character was a mix of Kim Jong-Il and Pol Pot.

Hopefully there will be more episodes like this in future weeks.

to no Taryn Manning for several weeks now.
Old 11-16-10, 12:03 PM

Received 805 Likes on 523 Posts

Scott Caan was on Letterman last night. He's a hoot.

I love the banter between Danno and McGarrett. The postcard of Jersey... "Where do people in Jersey vacation? In Hawaii! Hawaiians don't vacation in Jersey!"

Old 11-18-10, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

The stupidity of this show never ceases to amaze - I think it has CSI Miami beat on unintentional comedy.

First off why this foursome is responsible for protecting the safety of an important defector is beyond me. Then what do they do after a assassination attempt and massive gun fight - gee, I know, instead of returning to the military base or heading to 5-0 or the nearest police station, lets go hide out at my house in a secluded area. Then I'll call HPD and wait for hours for them to show up. Yeah, nothing strange that it would take them hours to show up.

And the McGarrett and Dano banter is so forced.
Old 11-18-10, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Red Dog
First off why this foursome is responsible for protecting the safety of an important defector is beyond me. Then what do they do after a assassination attempt and massive gun fight - gee, I know, instead of returning to the military base or heading to 5-0 or the nearest police station, lets go hide out at my house in a secluded area. Then I'll call HPD and wait for hours for them to show up. Yeah, nothing strange that it would take them hours to show up.
Now that I think about it, you did make a good point here. Heading to McGarrett's house was indeed stupid. As far as why the Five-O team would be protecting him, didn't they say he was coming to Hawaii to make some kind of major announcement and his life was being threatened as well? They are the Governor's task force, so to me it makes sense the Governor of Hawaii would have them protect this guy.
Old 11-18-10, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
They are the Governor's task force, so to me it makes sense the Governor of Hawaii would have them protect this guy.
If the guy was that important of a foreign dignitary and defector, the feds would be on it. Hell, he arrived on a USAF plane and was flown into an AFB. So our military brings him here and hands his family off to these guys. It's absurd.
Old 11-18-10, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After watching Human Target today, many of the shows I started watching this year have somewhat lost their appeal to me. I like Hawaii Five-O but would not have a problem if the show did not come back next year.
Old 11-18-10, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by djones6746
After watching Human Target today, many of the shows I started watching this year have somewhat lost their appeal to me. I like Hawaii Five-O but would not have a problem if the show did not come back next year.
Yeah, enjoyed it quite a bit at first, but it is getting old...real fast.
Old 11-19-10, 05:30 AM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

i love this show ! lots of fun and great scenary
Old 11-19-10, 05:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Original Desmond
i love this show ! lots of fun and great scenary
I liked the show a lot when it first started this season. There really has not been much competition...IMO. I will agree it is one of the better shows on television this fall but to me that is not saying much this year. I will continue watching thru the end of this season. I am sure there are some good eps to come.