Old 11-10-10, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,629 Likes on 2,603 Posts
Terriers -- "Asunder" -- 11/10/10

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2010-09-03

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
It's Gretchen's wedding day, and Hank stumbles back into the conspiracy threatening Ocean Beach as he fights the urge to drink.

Episode 10 of 13
Old 11-10-10, 10:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Terriers -- "Asunder" -- 11/10/10

This is a great show, it really sucks it's (almost certainly) not going to get renewed.
Old 11-10-10, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love this show. I'm really going to miss it when it's gone.

Great dramatic performance from Michael Raymond-James. Felt terrible for Britt. I just hope he doesn't find out that Hank knew about it all along.

I like Hank and Britt's "Lone Gunmen" a lot. They're good for some subtle comic relief.

Hank was great tonight, really in top form. I was glad he didn't give in and have alcohol, but it's a little sad to see him replace one addiction (alcohol) with another (cases). Still, he's making some progress. He's very resourceful and I love when he outsmarts people. I definitely thought Hank's ex was going to see him at the wedding and lose it, lol. Glad that didn't happen.
Old 11-11-10, 07:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great episode! Some great dramatic scenes in this one.
Old 11-16-10, 08:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Best episode of the season. Britt, obviously was going to find out, but it broke my heart seeing him breakdown like that. I wish this would get another season, if just to get more episodes with the tech trio.
Old 11-16-10, 09:06 AM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

FYI, there is a Facebook/Twitter movement going on in an effort for FX to renew this show. It maybe a lost cause, but can't hurt.

Simply email: [email protected] and voice your Terriers enthusiasm.
Old 11-16-10, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

Great episode - so good in fact, that I almost overlooked the absolutely ridiculous coincidence of it all. I mean, Hank overhearing those guys in the bathroom at just the right time, which just happens to be at the hotel his ex is getting married at, which he wasn't supposed to be at. And what are those guys even doing in the lobby bathroom - don't they have their own room that they were going up to? But like I said, they played everything so well and satisfying, that you can almost overlook how retardedly contrived it all was.
Old 11-16-10, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They are always airing repeats of this on FX. I wonder if this show has a larger audience from DVRs and subsequent airings than it does on initial broadcast.

Originally Posted by slop101
Great episode - so good in fact, that I almost overlooked the absolutely ridiculous coincidence of it all. I mean, Hank overhearing those guys in the bathroom at just the right time, which just happens to be at the hotel his ex is getting married at, which he wasn't supposed to be at. And what are those guys even doing in the lobby bathroom - don't they have their own room that they were going up to? But like I said, they played everything so well and satisfying, that you can almost overlook how retardedly contrived it all was.
I just caught the beginning of the episode since they're always airing repeats of it, and noticed that the only reason they didn't see Hank was because he walked to a stall to get toilet paper to try his hands off because there weren't any paper towels, lol. A lot of coincidences to be sure, but whatever, I barely noticed it until you pointed it out.

EDIT: Also, Hank and Brit's "Lone Gunmen" are actually called the "Squatters," lol.

EDIT: I ended up watching the whole episode again. I don't know how I missed it, but the car Hank put the reporter into was his ex-wife's limo, lol.

Last edited by kstublen; 11-17-10 at 12:05 AM.
Old 11-18-10, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts

Who played the reporter?
Old 11-18-10, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts

^ Alison Elliot