Old 11-09-10, 03:54 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 91 Likes on 73 Posts
The Good Wife -- "Poisoned Pill" -- 11/09/10

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2010-09-09

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Alicia, Diane and Will must regroup when they're caught off-guard by a brilliant disabled attorney, Louis Canning (Michael J. Fox), who uses his condition to sway a jury during a test case for a huge class action suit against a pharmaceutical company. Meanwhile, Peter's campaign is at a loss as to what to do with rising star Wendy Scott-Carr (Anika Noni Rose), and Kalinda reaches out to a former friend, Donna Seabrook (Lili Taylor), to tell her to stop spilling her secrets to Blake.

Guest Stars:
Michael J. Fox
Lili Taylor

WRITTEN BY: Keith Eisner

DIRECTOR: Peter O'Fallon

Promo:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/u6-ME57VfQE?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/u6-ME57VfQE?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 11-10-10, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Good Wife -- "Poisoned Pill" -- 11/09/10

Another awesome episode and lots of character development!

I knew somehow the series was going to show off Anika Noni Rose's musical skills. And I also found it predictable that the Scott-Car character would be revealed to have had a hx of cancer after the leak of the breast augmentation procedure. But still fun stuff on the campaign front.

Really enjoy the chemistry between Cary and Kalinda. That shot of her figuring out Blake may have had something to do with Michael J. Fox's expert witness being hospitalized/burglarized gave me shivers!
Old 11-10-10, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fox's character's reveal at the end was awesome

I had the breast cancer thing nailed as soon as they said she had a boob job
in real life it may not have been my first reaction so I won't hold it against the characters for not thinking of it, but on a show like this it was expected since obviously their plan had to backfire
Old 11-10-10, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MJF is the man
Old 11-11-10, 05:02 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

This was, by far, their worst episode of the series as far as representing what happens during and surrounding a trial. Simply nonsense. Good drama, though, and I liked what they did with Kalinda's storyline.
Old 11-14-10, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 91 Likes on 73 Posts

Great episode all around. I think this is one of the very few shows that puts out consistently good writing each week.

Michael J. Fox was great all around. So if I'm understanding the end correctly, the Pill company agreed to settle the case for around $50M, but FOX's character told Stern, Lockhart and Gardner that it was only a $35M settlement which they accepted. Thus, he gets the nice bonus and stock options for saving them some cash.

And I loved how Eli Gold used the mole to leak the breast implant story to Child's team and screwing them over. The cartoon was really dumb though.

The biggest non-surprise was the show finally acknowledging Kalinda's sexuality. I'm surprised they haven't brought back Jill Flint's character from last season. There was definitely some sparks between them IMO.
Old 11-15-10, 01:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I liked the lesbian reveal and Yeasayer, overall a good episode.
Old 11-15-10, 01:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
Michael J. Fox was great all around. So if I'm understanding the end correctly, the Pill company agreed to settle the case for around $50M, but FOX's character told Stern, Lockhart and Gardner that it was only a $35M settlement which they accepted. Thus, he gets the nice bonus and stock options for saving them some cash.
Yeah, and I think he said the firm had stumbled onto a $90 million lawsuit that the company had asked him to whittle down to 50.