Old 11-09-10, 03:50 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Parenthood -- "If This Boat Is a Rockin'" -- 11/09/10

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2010-09-17

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Adam (Peter Krause) confronts a man in defense of Max (Max Burkholder). Crosby (Dax Shepard) and Jasmine (Joy Bryant) delve into domestic discussions, beginning with the selling of Crosby's boat. Meanwhile, Sarah (Lauren Graham) and Gordon (guest star William Baldwin) spend an afternoon together, which carries on until sunrise the next morning, creating tension with Amber (Mae Whitman) and Drew (Miles Heizer). Elsewhere, Haddie (Sarah Ramos) discovers intriguing information about Alex (guest star Michael B. Jordan).

Episode 8 of 22
Old 11-11-10, 02:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Parenthood -- "If This Boat Is a Rockin'" -- 11/09/10

This show is amazing. The emotion is phenomenal and the dialogue does not seem written. It just flows naturally. Especially then the siblings are together in various scenes. They all have a chemistry that makes their family relationship so believable.

Adam had a great character development episode with this one. I don't have an autistic child, but I can 100% relate to his life. And I chuckled often during this episode...lots of little, subtle comments and expressions. Great show!
Old 11-11-10, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

enjoying the season and hope the ratings hang in there for a third season
the good news, nbc programming is so awful it probably has a good shot
Old 11-13-10, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Really good episode. Lots of good drama, tension, and some humour thrown in for good measure.

As usual, Crosby and Adam are my favourites. I loved the scene where Adam and Sarah were fighting, but then they teamed up to make fun of Crosby. Lots of good stuff with Crosby though and it was nice to see him taking the next step in his life. I'm glad they didn't have him regretting his decision, but instead just went with sadness to be saying goodbye to a big part of his life. I'm still amazed this is Dax Shepard we're watching.

I thought it was cool seeing Max call the guy out for having too many items. I never go in that lane, even if I'm just one over. Someone with 17 items is just inconsiderate. As soon as he started insulting Max I knew Adam was going to lose it. When I heard him call Max a retard I was glad Adam punched him. Nice to see his wife support him in that decision. I wonder if this is the last we'll hear about the punch though; that guy seems like the sort of person that wouldn't just take his lumps and would call the police.

Sarah is awful. I haven't liked her since the first episode, but today was an all-time low. Staying out all night, having your kids worry, and then trying to figure out why they were making such a big deal about it...seriously? Grow up Sarah and stop having everyone in your family take care of you.

I really like the music this show selects. Jose Gonzalez, Ray LaMontagne, and now Lyle Lovett. Some great selections.