Old 10-22-10, 04:33 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Supernatural -- "Live Free or Twi-hard" -- 10/22/10

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2010-09-03

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
After a group of young girls go missing, Sam (Jared Padalecki) and Dean (Jensen Ackles) realize that a group of vampires have taken up residence in the small town. After a fight with two of the blood-suckers, Dean is bitten and turns into a vampire. Samuel (guest star Mitch Pileggi) tells Dean he can change him back but he'd have to get the blood of the vampire who turned him. Dean infiltrates the nest and runs into the Alpha.

Written by Brett Matthews

Directed by Jan Eliasburg

Episode 5 of 22

Promo:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/H48A6nKUZ0w?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/H48A6nKUZ0w?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 10-22-10, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Re: Supernatural -- "Live Free or Twi-hard" -- 10/22/10

Bump for all of you in the East
Old 10-22-10, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Hmmm. Didn't record for me (Chicago/Comcast).
Old 10-22-10, 09:26 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts

okay episode

I would have preferred an hour of Lisa running around the house in that tank top and underwear
Old 10-23-10, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

I actually tuned out halfway through. I eventually came back to see that nothing was really resolved. I guess it was too much to hope for something as engaging as last week's episode.
Old 10-23-10, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, kind of a snoozer. It confirmed what was heavily implied on previous episodes about Sam not being quite himself. And it seems Pa Campbell isn't down with whatever's going on with Sam.
Old 10-23-10, 08:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought it was a great episode.
Old 10-23-10, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 191 Likes on 128 Posts

I recently just got into this show.....caught the ending episodes last season and a couple during the apocalypse season as well (I think season 4).

I really dig it...they put some pretty freaky shit in the mix - love the overall tone of it as well. I really don't think it should be on the CW...lumped in with all those other shit shows.

This episode was really good as well....can't wait to see the next to finally see WTF is up with the one brother - been acting weird ever since he fell in the pit.
Old 10-24-10, 06:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I liked this episode well enough. It does seem lesser, just because last week was so special, but on it's own it was pretty solid. I wonder if the hunting of the alpha vampire is going to be this season's major plot-point, or if it's just going to be a mini-arc. Right now we have whatever is going on with Sam, the imbalance of heaven and hell, and now the alpha vampire foreshadowing. I'm really curious to see what this season will ultimately be about.

Also, I hope they deal with whatever is up with Sam, because I want the boys to ride out together in this last season.
Old 10-24-10, 07:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

They already set up that Sam and gramps were hunting "alpha" monsters for some unknown reason. The alpha shape shifter rescued/abducted the baby in the second episode.
Old 10-24-10, 07:03 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

How convenient that Dean suddenly had access to the camera's POV during his 'cure' so he could see Sam smiling.
Old 10-24-10, 07:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by wmansir
They already set up that Sam and gramps were hunting "alpha" monsters for some unknown reason. The alpha shape shifter rescued/abducted the baby in the second episode.
Ah, I forgot that quick, cause I sort of hate the Campbells -- outside of Grandpa.

I thought this was the last season, but poking around online, it doesn't seem like that's a definite.
Old 10-24-10, 08:04 PM

I loved how Dean cleaned house at the end like some juggernaut.
Old 10-24-10, 08:06 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

not as good as last weeks episode, but still decent...
Old 10-24-10, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Gunde
How convenient that Dean suddenly had access to the camera's POV during his 'cure' so he could see Sam smiling.
Come on, are you trying to tell me you've never seen a tv show or movie do that before? People constantly remember something they wouldn't have been able to see.

I knew as soon as they said the girl's name at the beginning was Kristen that the guy vampire's name would be Robert. This show is always great at adding pop culture references. I was kinda surprised that Samuel didn't know Sammy was evil, or whatever. I assumed that he was manipulating Sammy.
Old 10-25-10, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by collven
I knew as soon as they said the girl's name at the beginning was Kristen that the guy vampire's name would be Robert. This show is always great at adding pop culture references. I was kinda surprised that Samuel didn't know Sammy was evil, or whatever. I assumed that he was manipulating Sammy.
Though, I was expecting a swerve there, and for Kristen to be the evil one, and not the dude. I was sure he was playing Vampire, and she was luring him into a trap.

Also, I'm continually surprised at what this show is able to get away with on broadcast tv.
Old 10-25-10, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts

I thought it was good. Liked all the digs on current "vampire culture". Sam is seriously pissing me off, glad Dean is catching on to him. Next week's looks like it will be good.
Old 10-25-10, 12:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Surprised they went for the male on male Vampire kiss and loved all the Twilight references.
Enjoyable episode.
Old 10-25-10, 04:43 PM

I'm beginning to wonder if something happened to Sam a few months after he was returned from the cage.. I'm still not sure he is evil per say but he defiantly seems to be up to something.

Remember the episode from last season with all the other "gods" maybe something else has hitched a rid with Sam. They were plotting something .

Have no clue what the end game is going to be with Samuel.. BTW did the explain how Sam and Samuel hooked up? They had never met. Samuel knew Dean. By the time Dean admitted to him that he was his grandson , ole yellow eyes had already taken over. Did he even know about Sam at all?
Old 10-26-10, 09:28 AM

My leaning right now is that something "rode" him when he came out of the pit. He hasn't been overtly evil yet, but letting his brother almost become a vamp is right up there.

I don't think they explained how Sam and Samuel hooked up. Samuel's agenda seems to be independent of Sam's, so we've got a lot of hidden agendas going on right now.
Old 10-26-10, 12:21 PM

If something does have Sam it would need to be something that can pass the being possessed tests.
I know Bobby would have thrown everything at him just like he did when Dean came back.
Old 10-26-10, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 67 Likes on 58 Posts

I liked this episode a lot, but mainly because I hate Twilight and it shredded that ferociously.
Old 10-27-10, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by draven31
If something does have Sam it would need to be something that can pass the being possessed tests.
I know Bobby would have thrown everything at him just like he did when Dean came back.
Good point, it can't be that he's possessed by a demon. Hmmm. Maybe this Friday will shed a little more light on it. I do hope they resolve that plotline by mid-season or so, so we can get back to the Winchesters kicking ass on the same side for the finale.
Old 10-27-10, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by boredsilly
I thought this was the last season, but poking around online, it doesn't seem like that's a definite.
Kripke has already gone. Paladecki and Ackles' contracts are up after this season - they've both said they're tired of being in Canada for the time it takes to shoot each season cut off from family and friends. They've both pretty much said they're done. So the show may come back but without the Winchester boys. That would pretty much be the end of the show as far as I'm concerned.
Old 10-27-10, 01:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by rfduncan
Kripke has already gone. Paladecki and Ackles' contracts are up after this season - they've both said they're tired of being in Canada for the time it takes to shoot each season cut off from family and friends. They've both pretty much said they're done. So the show may come back but without the Winchester boys. That would pretty much be the end of the show as far as I'm concerned.
Horrible idea. It does sound something like CW might try to do though. All they have to be reminded of is what happened to Scrubs after they continued....

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.