Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Anyone watching the Ice Road Trucker "spin off" in India?

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-10, 07:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

so far I'm not liking it as much but I'll probably keep watching
too bad Alex is no longer on but I don't blame him

and I still say it has no business being on a channel called History Channel
Old 10-11-10, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts
Re: Anyone watching the Ice Road Trucker "spin off" in India?

It's so bad but for some reason I'm sure I'll continue to watch.

I did love how on the first trip Lisa's outfit kept changing but it as supposedly still the first trip.

Haven't watched the second episode yet but I'm sure it's surprisingly similar to the first.
Old 10-11-10, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.

Well she did say she was sweating to death, maybe she kept changing
Old 10-11-10, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I watched the first episode and it sucked so I have no plans to continue with it. I love IRT though and will gladly watch it when it reyurns
Old 10-12-10, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

I thoroughly detest Ice Road Truckers. It baffles me to no end that it is a series, and has had several seasons to boot. Out of morbid curiosity I recorded the last episode of this season to see if it had anything, anything at all interesting to offer. Nope, not a thing. Just as morbidly boring as ever.

But then...

...then the recording ran over and I saw the intro to IRT: Deadliest Roads. I watched the first episode and enjoyed it thoroughly. There was more actually happening in the first hour of this series than all of the utterly phony drama of an entire season of Ice Road Truckers put together. All you need to know is that two out of three of these supposed "masters of the ice roads (c-c-c-raaackk)" & "haul road kings" wet themselves on the first day. THIS show is what the swindle that is Ice Road Truckers claims to be.
Old 10-12-10, 12:27 PM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I love anything to do with Lisa Kelly
Old 10-14-10, 05:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
I thoroughly detest Ice Road Truckers. It baffles me to no end that it is a series, and has had several seasons to boot. Out of morbid curiosity I recorded the last episode of this season to see if it had anything, anything at all interesting to offer. Nope, not a thing. Just as morbidly boring as ever.

But then...

...then the recording ran over and I saw the intro to IRT: Deadliest Roads. I watched the first episode and enjoyed it thoroughly. There was more actually happening in the first hour of this series than all of the utterly phony drama of an entire season of Ice Road Truckers put together. All you need to know is that two out of three of these supposed "masters of the ice roads (c-c-c-raaackk)" & "haul road kings" wet themselves on the first day. THIS show is what the swindle that is Ice Road Truckers claims to be.
I may have to check IRT: Deadliest Roads out. I used to check History Channel listings thoroughly for good shows but am so disgusted at their programming, I pretty much quit. The only show worth watching now is The Universe, which I think just wrapped up the last ep this season. Chasing Mummies ... meh ... watched one ep and seems to be more of a reality series than a real program about "history". Plus the star archeologist (whatever his name is) is a real ass.
Old 10-14-10, 05:37 PM

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

So far I'm liking it. The one guy, with the blue hair, makes all US/Americans look bad in my opinion. Perhaps that's because I take a sit back and be quiet when I'm in foreign situations. Make as little noise as possible. Low profile, etc. However, with the stuff Comcast is doing locally with requiring boxes to see anything except lowest basic cable I may not be able to tune in until I succumb to them.
Old 10-16-10, 02:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

blue hair is Canadian
I think he was on the first season of ice road truckers before they started doing the Dalton in Alaska
Old 10-16-10, 04:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yep, he's Canadian, not American. And he was on the first two seasons of "Ice Road Truckers."
Old 10-16-10, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by rduncan
So far I'm liking it. The one guy, with the blue hair, makes all US/Americans look bad in my opinion. Perhaps that's because I take a sit back and be quiet when I'm in foreign situations. Make as little noise as possible. Low profile, etc. However, with the stuff Comcast is doing locally with requiring boxes to see anything except lowest basic cable I may not be able to tune in until I succumb to them.
The cost (at least mine) was exactly the same (at least for one box). On-demand is actually pretty cool. On-demand has all the NBC shows I watch (and many CBS shows), so I don't have to worry about recording them. Plus you sometimes get stuff you shouldn't have with your subscription --- like BBC shows on-demand when I don't subscribe to BBC America. They are also running some older shows like Veronica Mars and Jack and Bobby. Definately worth it.
Old 10-16-10, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,244 Likes on 855 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Salty
Yep, he's Canadian, not American. And he was on the first two seasons of "Ice Road Truckers."
Was he Canadian before the first two seasons? Or did he become Canadian just for the show?
Old 10-18-10, 10:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Rick is awesome. He drove for Hugh in IRT. Think he got fired once or twice, if I remember correctly. Ever since IRT went to Alaska these last two seasons, that show has sucked ass. Its the drivers that make it suck. As I've said before, the drivers from Seasons 1 and 2 were awesome. Rick, Alex, Hugh, Bear, Drew, T.J, and Eric were great. I haven't seen this one, but its DVR'd. I am not a fan of Lisa, so it's no longer must see for me.