DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Hub TV Network (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/580441-hub-tv-network.html)

Quack 10-08-10 11:45 AM

The Hub TV Network

Didn't see anything about this or in a search....mods please delete if there already is one.

This station is replacing Discovery Kids as of 10.10.10...I hear people are calling it the Hasbro network, which is fine with me. It's going to be airing old shows and new, including a new G.I. Joe and Transformers cartoon series. They will also be showing Fraggle Rock, Family Ties, and the old G.I. Joe and Transformers G1 series as well which is great to see.

I'm definitely excited about this to show my niece some quality cartoons that kids nowadays should see. :)

www.hubworld.com if you wanted to see more.

MrSmearkase 10-08-10 12:21 PM

Re: The Hub TV Network

I'll be tuning in for the 60s Batman series :up:, and occasionally catching some episodes of The Wonder Years and Doogie Howser, MD

Chew 10-08-10 12:53 PM

Did somebody say 60s Batman?!? :eek:

Deftones 10-08-10 01:00 PM

Yeah, i love that parents are all up in arms about the Hasbro thing. As if any other kids show isn't a vehicle to sell shit. Who cares? Don't let them watch it if you have such a problem telling them no.

Superman07 10-08-10 01:39 PM

The Rock is doing voice work for the new Transformers, as well as Cullen and Welker?! :up:

MrSmearkase 10-08-10 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Chew (Post 10419020)
Did somebody say 60s Batman?!? :eek:

Yup, weeknights at 11:30PM and same episode repeating at 5:30AM the following morning.

They are starting with the first episode :)

superdeluxe 10-08-10 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Quack (Post 10418889)
Didn't see anything about this or in a search....mods please delete if there already is one.

This station is replacing Discovery Kids as of 10.10.10...I hear people are calling it the Hasbro network, which is fine with me. It's going to be airing old shows and new, including a new G.I. Joe and Transformers cartoon series. They will also be showing Fraggle Rock, Family Ties, and the old G.I. Joe and Transformers G1 series as well which is great to see.

I'm definitely excited about this to show my niece some quality cartoons that kids nowadays should see. :)

www.hubworld.com if you wanted to see more.

happy days, laverne and shirley...feels like Nick at Nite heh.

Quack 10-11-10 10:59 PM

Tune in now :)

Claytonian 10-12-10 08:54 AM

I turned HUB on for my daughter (6) on Sunday to watch the new My Little Pony and Strawberry Shortcake cartoons. She loved them. I think she was tired of watching male-centric cartoons with my son and I (like Transformers, Batman, Clone Wars, etc). So it was nice to see her happy with something girly! :)

I love the choice of programming on this station so far. I have been tempted to record a lot of things, but I just don't have time to watch everything. I hope the station is around a long time and continues with this programming.

Goldberg74 10-12-10 12:33 PM

I watched Batman Beyond this morning before work. It was the ep "Rebirth (Part 2)" where Powers turned into Blight. So they are playing them in order. ;):up:

OldBoy 10-12-10 01:40 PM

oh man, just discovered i have this channel. there is a 2 hour block of Family Ties, Wonder Years, Doogie Howser. then a 1-hour block of old Transformers and G.I.Joe...good times...good times!

al_bundy 10-12-10 01:47 PM

holy the worst batman ever

whotony 10-12-10 05:47 PM

MOst importantly is that it seems the Wonder Years may be complete with original music intact.

joefrog91 10-12-10 09:16 PM

My daughter was sad about not being able to see Growin' Up Creepie anymore. However, they quit showing new episodes a long time ago, so it's not that big a deal for me.

Timber 10-12-10 09:23 PM

Saw that it was airing Wonder Years and was excited. Still blocked on my CableCard for some reason even though it should be in my TV package. Can't wait for some Wonder Years action along with Transformers and G.I.Joe.

aktick 10-12-10 09:25 PM

Sweet! :up: Thanks for the heads up.

I hate that Nick at Night and TVLand air very few older shows, and Boomerang has mostly crap too. We need more channels airing good old shows.