TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Smallville -- "Supergirl" -- 10/08/10

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-10, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Smallville -- "Supergirl" -- 10/08/10

Originally Posted by wearetheborg
I dont think that short loose skirt is very practical when she is landing and flying around.
quiet you!!

not a bad ep... I see the flight tease goes on but that's a given.. for an ep that nothing really happened in, it was still pretty entertaining.. I guess if you dress up Lois in a bunch of outfits, tie her up and have a hot blond flying around everything else is easily overlooked...

only issue I had with the show was that the cgi windmill "location" was just horrible looking. I know it's a cost cutting issue but come on..
Old 10-09-10, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,640 Likes on 2,613 Posts

I thought this episode was pretty good. It was nice to have Lois back in Metropis and she looked really good in the beginning when she saw Clark at the rally. One of the things that I love about Lois is her confidence and take charge mode.

Self doubting Clark is getting a little tiresome. We're in season 10 dude, this is almost reminiscent of Clark back in High School again. I did chuckle when he flew and then landed flat on his ass.

The Darkseid villain is interesting, but I hope they don't linger on having torture pussy Clark.

Loved Kara's return. The Blue and Red suit looked great and I liked that she came back and became a guide to help Clark, even though he's still in Pussy mode right now. Her little disguise at the end was interesting. The glasses and dark hair IMO foreshadows a little of what Clark's look is supposed to be in the near future.

Don't know what Ollie is expecting to get out of revealing he's Green Arrow. I always find it funny that his voice deepens only when he puts on the sunglasses and hood.
Old 10-09-10, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Jor-El disowning Kal-El. Arrrhgghghgh! Why do the writers write shit like that?
I kinda rolled my eyes at that. Kinda lame. Having to have Kara show Clark how to fly was kinda dumb too.
Good to have her back. Hope she returns later. Since she is on "V" now, maybe not.
Old 10-09-10, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I thought Laura Vandervoort's acting was much better now than in her first season.
Old 10-09-10, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

so how exactly did Jor El contact her?
is he a Force Ghost or something now?
Old 10-09-10, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Jor-el probably just texted her. It's, like, all the rage these days...
Old 10-09-10, 03:31 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by DeadLamb
only issue I had with the show was that the cgi windmill "location" was just horrible looking. I know it's a cost cutting issue but come on..
They used that exact same location shot early on in the series (I think it was S1 or S2) when Clark and Lana were sitting there looking out on the Metropolis skyline.

Thought the episode was pretty good but I really hope Darkseid is a real person and not an amorphous evil force. That would be really lame. Didn't we see Granny Goodness last season? It would have been nice if she or a real Dasaad attended Godfrey in the club.
Old 10-09-10, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,809 Likes on 1,129 Posts

Didn't DC bring Apokolips characters back in a similar way a year or two ago after they killed the New Gods? I seem to remember all the Apokolips character being reincarnated as humans working at a sleazy club.
Old 10-09-10, 04:47 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts

The New Gods were "reincarnated" in various ways. If you're interested Wikipedia is always a good resource for comic related info.
Old 10-10-10, 02:11 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts

Clark was a dick this episode. Hoping Kara was going to bitch slap him.
Old 10-10-10, 02:18 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 625 Likes on 482 Posts

Originally Posted by Giantrobo
Didn't DC bring Apokolips characters back in a similar way a year or two ago after they killed the New Gods? I seem to remember all the Apokolips character being reincarnated as humans working at a sleazy club.
Yeah, they were humans at ne point. I didn't much care for it in the comics either.
Old 10-10-10, 03:36 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Yeah, give us the real Darkseid please
Old 10-10-10, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

Wow, a lot of negative feedback! I thought this was another great episode.

For those saying Clark was a dick -- ??? He finally stands up for himself and shows confidence and you're mad. He calls out Kara and says "No more secrets. Tell me what's going on.", he tries to fly, he says to believe in him and not some remnant of his father who has apparently kicked him to the curb again.

I really liked the guy who played Godfrey was great. I'd liked to have seen him be the incarnation of Darkseid for season with them playing up a prolonged manipulation. Too bad it looks like he's gone after one episode.

We learned that somebody must be pure of heart if they want to avoid being taken over. Lois is apparently pure of heart.

Curious to see Lois making the stance that the others must stay hidden. Also I liked her reference that Kara was somehow infected and Clark having to lie to her about that. I guess at some point she'll have to learn the truth about where he is from. Assuming she finds out I'd love for them to spend the entire episode with Clark and Lois as he takes her around and gives her all of the history, visits the fortress, etc.

I think Lois has matured as well. She doesn't agree with Ollie - at this point - but she didn't go off on him. I think in the past she would have berated him for his decision, especially after the predicament she found herself in secure the data.
Old 10-11-10, 05:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by MrSmearkase
Pretty good episode. Nice to have Kara and Dominatrix Lois to look at , although the whole Club Desaad subplot was pretty lame.

I hope we don't have to watch Clark fly, and subsequently fall, for much longer.

Looking forward to next week;
Spoiler:
Brainiac
Not quite.

Spoiler:
He's playing Legionaire Braniac 5.
Old 10-11-10, 05:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts

I thought the Desaad reference was done well!

Looks like they took the gist of the Godfrey plot out of the comics: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glorious_Godfrey
Old 10-11-10, 06:52 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

So the whole Ollie thing... he didn't think to give Lois the exlclusive?

Originally Posted by Eric F
They used that exact same location shot early on in the series (I think it was S1 or S2) when Clark and Lana were sitting there looking out on the Metropolis skyline.
Yeah, it was an actual set back then. This was clearly 100% CGI. The whole scene looked like something out of Sanctuary where they CG everything.
Old 10-11-10, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How long for episodes to get to hulu?
Old 10-11-10, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Easy
How long for episodes to get to hulu?
It's not on Hulu.com, it goes to CWTV.com. And I believe it's a 7 day delay.
Old 10-11-10, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by DJariya
Yep. Hulu redirects you to CW's horrible site and the eps take 7 days.
Old 10-11-10, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 80 Likes on 62 Posts

Some nice stuff this week. I agree that Supergirl's acting has gotten better. I'm just SOOOOO sick of them stretching out the flying thing. It's my only real complaint this week. That and having Jor-El "disown" Kal-El. Fuckin lame.
Old 10-11-10, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

I've watched the show from the first episode, but can someone remind exactly what "Jor-El" is supposed to be? Jor-El, the man, died when Krypton blew up right? So what exactly is the Jor-El which is always telling everyone what to do? Is he just some kind of super advanced AI? Or are they somehow actually able to communicate with the dead? Or some other explanation perhaps? And how does he know what's going on on Earth?
Old 10-11-10, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
I'm not sure I understand the 7 day delay but thanks for the info. I think I finally have my Win 7 PVR straightened out so I hope I won't have to resort to the web for "catchup" again.
Old 10-11-10, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Easy
I'm not sure I understand the 7 day delay but thanks for the info. I think I finally have my Win 7 PVR straightened out so I hope I won't have to resort to the web for "catchup" again.
It means the episode takes 1 week before it gets posted online. It should be on the CW's website by late Thursday or Friday. There is online streaming rights issues with alot of shows and I assume the studio (Warner Bros) probably requested the show being posted online be delayed.
Old 10-11-10, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by windom
I've watched the show from the first episode, but can someone remind exactly what "Jor-El" is supposed to be? Jor-El, the man, died when Krypton blew up right? So what exactly is the Jor-El which is always telling everyone what to do? Is he just some kind of super advanced AI? Or are they somehow actually able to communicate with the dead? Or some other explanation perhaps? And how does he know what's going on on Earth?

THANK YOU.

Plus, the Jor-El I'm familiar with loved Kal-El and was not a prick like this one.
Old 10-11-10, 10:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

THought it was an OK episode. Lois being this pro-active was good and Kara had a strong return. I liked the idea of Darkseid possessing the radio guy. Only thing I didn't like was Kara being able to resist the 'darkness' simply because of her lack of doubt.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.