Old 10-07-10, 03:38 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Nikita -- "The Guardian" -- 10/07/10

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2010-09-03

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Percy searches for a fugitive operative whose capture could potentially expose Division's secrets, but Michael is suspicious of Percy's motives. Meanwhile, Alex gets caught in Percy's office by Thom as she tries to send a warning to Nikita.

Looking forward to this and Fringe every Thursday. Hoping the CW gives this the back 9 soon. The ratings have been pretty consistent for this network.
Old 10-08-10, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Nikita -- "The Guardian" -- 10/07/10

ok ep I guess, even if the story line seemed to be more about setting up future eps of the show then a stand alone sort of ep.

they really need to do something about Alex and her cpu back and forth with Nikita, being Alex is on that cpu like it's the public library! How much alone time are they really going to give in that level of secure building? I know they are doing it to move alone the story line and it's just an easy out as far as sharing information but it's weak writing..

Alias had a lot of sneaky sneak info out too but at least they did it in creative ways (most of the time)..
Old 10-08-10, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DeadLamb
they really need to do something about Alex and her cpu back and forth with Nikita, being Alex is on that cpu like it's the public library! How much alone time are they really going to give in that level of secure building? I know they are doing it to move alone the story line and it's just an easy out as far as sharing information but it's weak writing.
The spy school stuff is pretty sloppy. Alex seems to wander around at will. Wouldn't a super secret black ops facility have surveillance cameras and microphones all over?

I still like the show a lot, though. It delivers my spy show fix quite well.
Old 10-08-10, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DeadLamb
ok ep I guess, even if the story line seemed to be more about setting up future eps of the show then a stand alone sort of ep.

they really need to do something about Alex and her cpu back and forth with Nikita, being Alex is on that cpu like it's the public library! How much alone time are they really going to give in that level of secure building? I know they are doing it to move alone the story line and it's just an easy out as far as sharing information but it's weak writing..

Alias had a lot of sneaky sneak info out too but at least they did it in creative ways (most of the time)..
I know, the computer time thing really bothers me.

I like the show, but episode was just ok. The show really needs to be more gritty and less CW-ish.
Old 10-08-10, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Loved the Stan Lee cameo in the news footage of the bank robbery. Hank Excelsior.

"It was like there was some kind of superhero in there"
Old 10-08-10, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts

I enjoyed this episode. Stan Lee's cameo at the beginning was great. But, I do agree that Alex is spending way too much time in the computer lab and that should raise some red flags with Division. You could see that she and Nikita are communicating through some type of encrypted chat, but sooner or later she is bound to be caught. I'm not sure how Birkhoff or the Division IT guys wouldn't notice the large amount of actitivity on the computer and some kind of internet communication going on?

Also, did Alex drop something in Birkhoff's pocket that enabled her to listen to that phone conversation? I saw something red that was blinking in his pocket or did she activate something in that phone blue tooth that enabled her to tap in?

Interesting guest appearance by Devon Sawa from Idle Hands and Final Destination. Looks like he was spending some time in the weight room because he's bulked up alot. The woman who played his girlfriend, Bianca Lawson, played the girlfriend of Emily in Pretty Little Liars during the summer.

Xander Berkley is so good as Percy. He's IMO one of the main highlights of the show along with Nikita and her sarcastic personality. Plus, Nikita kicks ass.

FYI, No Nikita next week. They are repeating the Pilot episode. I hope The CW makes up their damn minds and orders a full season soon. This is already episode 5 and I think they can wait no more than maybe 2-3 more episodes.
Old 10-08-10, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
Interesting guest appearance by Devon Sawa from Idle Hands and Final Destination.
Oh yeah, that was him.. I did not recognize the guy at all until you mentioned his name and I looked him up on the IMDB.. good for him breaking out of the nerdy slacker sort of roles he got sort of stuck in years ago..

and I thought the item Alex dropped in the guys pocket was the Bluetooth head set she first used to get his finger print.. She had to get rid if it some how being ya know, you can't walk around a super secure "sekrat" underground bunker area with some unauthorized Bluetooth head set..

Well unless you are heading to the cpu lab being they don't seem to care about secret anything in that part of the building. lol
Old 10-09-10, 06:57 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Im liking this show. I think it has gotten better

Yes there are a few loopholes with the Alex undercover thing but she's hot so that's ok