TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

RW/RR Challenge -- "Cutthroat" --Season Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-10, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: RW/RR Challenge -- "Cutthroat" --Season Thread

Originally Posted by boogieman03
When the hell was the "springbreak challenge"? I didn't recognize the girl that went up against Cancun Emilee. I think the name was Camilla?
I've never heard of it either.

Laurel looked smoking hot when they were having the cast talk about the challenge as it's going on, but her drunken behavior was a huge turn off.

I don't mind that MTV let's these people get wasted and hook up (parents shouldn't let their kids watch that channel anyway), but not the fighting, especially when it's the girls. It's so stupid and gross to see girls go "gansta."

I have never seen Melinda before and she's definitely my favorite new face in the challenge.

As much as I hate to say it, they should let the people who run this show take over Big Brother.

As a 40 year old who watched the very first Real World and many after that, I wish MTV would do one last reunion event. I'd really like to see the people before Vegas and Austin, when I was no longer watching, one last time get together.

Maybe that's why I'm torn about seeing so many new faces on a challenge like this.

I hate Paula.
Old 10-07-10, 08:06 PM

When the hell was the "springbreak challenge"? I didn't recognize the girl that went up against Cancun Emilee. I think the name was Camilla?
It was aired during MTV's Spring Break this year, right before Fresh Meat II. They had "veterans" from FMII lead teams of Spring Break kids with challenges. Don't remember much of anything or who won, but that's the gist of it.
Old 10-07-10, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts

I didn't watch Austin either, but Melinda has been on a couple of these. As memory serves, the last one she and Danny did together was the one where Big Eric collapsed in the final challenge.

The problem with a reunion is that so many of the older people have moved on with their lives. We haven't seen my favorite Real Worlder, Julie Oliver (RW 1), in years; she was pregnant and couldn't fly during the last reunion. The reunion would mostly be all of the recent cast members and the wannabe types who are still trying to make it in the entertainment industry (Eric Nies, Beth S., etc).

Speaking personally, the only season I've watched in the last six years was Sydney so I mostly learn who these people are through the challenges now. Basically that means I had nothing positive or negative invested in any of the four people up for elimination last night. I think the winning guy was the one partnered with the chick dude in the last Fresh Meat, but I couldn't say for sure.
Old 10-07-10, 09:54 PM

The cast has no other choice but to get drunk all the time. They are in the foreign country in a house with 20+ others and have no access to TV/Internet...what else are the suppose to do?
Old 10-07-10, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I think Austin was the last one I actually watched. Everyone since then I only know from the challenges. Still, I find the challenges are enough to get to know all the personalities. Theresa grew some balls apparently after her first challenge
Old 10-08-10, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by mwbmis
The problem with a reunion is that so many of the older people have moved on with their lives. We haven't seen my favorite Real Worlder, Julie Oliver (RW 1), in years; she was pregnant and couldn't fly during the last reunion. The reunion would mostly be all of the recent cast members and the wannabe types who are still trying to make it in the entertainment industry (Eric Nies, Beth S., etc).
Even if it isn't a reunion, it would be nice for a "where are they now" update. It's overdue, IMO.
Old 10-08-10, 10:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

melinda is still hot.... but Veronica... she's so hot
Old 10-14-10, 01:13 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Laurel is a bitch. Kind of a run of the mill episode with the results not too exciting, but next week looks interesting based on the preview.
Old 10-14-10, 10:13 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Laurel is definitely a bitch. I also don't get why the one team keeps voting that Brandon guy in over that worthless Chet. It's not like Chet's been on more challenges than him and I'm not sure he would've won both weeks like Brandon did.

Can't wait til CT returns.
Old 10-14-10, 10:18 AM

Clearly, that team is racist.
Old 10-14-10, 12:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Laurel is a bitch. Kind of a run of the mill episode with the results not too exciting, but next week looks interesting based on the preview.
Looks like Shauvon might pop her other boob bag. It will probably be just as hilarious as last time too. I don't know why, but seeing her knock the crap out of herself is just plain funny.
Old 10-14-10, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

They really need to mix things up and add a cash reward to the winner of the individual challenges that the person keeps no matter when they go home. Make it so people actually would risk going to the gulag or whatever instead of sending the new guys over and over.
Old 10-14-10, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Bill Needle
Looks like Shauvon might pop her other boob bag. It will probably be just as hilarious as last time too. I don't know why, but seeing her knock the crap out of herself is just plain funny.
Spoiler:
I'm pretty sure it's Katie hitting her face on the platform, giving her the 2 black eyes we see her with in the previews
Old 10-14-10, 06:59 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Whoever it ends up being, it's freaking hilarious.
Old 10-14-10, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Whoever it ends up being, it's freaking hilarious.
Old 10-14-10, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by MFRONE
Spoiler:
I'm pretty sure it's Katie hitting her face on the platform, giving her the 2 black eyes we see her with in the previews
Nearly as funny if true, and just as likely.
Old 10-14-10, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Has anyone noticed that it appears TJ is more involved. From time to time he'd make a comment after a bad performance or he'd make short comments like, "you gave it your all."

Now he's even commenting about his feelings on who gets chosen to go in and there's much more commentary. Well, much more for him.

I also like that he's not wearing the hat 100% of the time.

Laurel is killing me. She's still my favorite because she's dominant and aggressive, not too mention the best eye candy (although that Melinda girl is nice too, although sometimes I don't notice she's there), but what a bitch Laurel is.

I know when you're paired with Kenny you are always going to come out looking better, but I had no hint of this in her first season. Even more to make me think they get schooled or plan ahead to play roles to milk their extended 15 minutes of fame.
Old 10-14-10, 08:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dolphinboy
I thought he seemed slightly less retarded this season, but couldn't put my finger on it.
Old 10-14-10, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I know when you're paired with Kenny you are always going to come out looking better, but I had no hint of this in her first season. Even more to make me think they get schooled or plan ahead to play roles to milk their extended 15 minutes of fame.
Or they just didn't show it last time or it was slightly toned down since she was new. Although the girls on the reunion episode didn't have very nice things to say about her then too.
Old 10-14-10, 08:38 PM

Has anyone noticed that it appears TJ is more involved. From time to time he'd make a comment after a bad performance or he'd make short comments like, "you gave it your all."

Now he's even commenting about his feelings on who gets chosen to go in and there's much more commentary. Well, much more for him.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/show?showId=bsreport

Check out the BS Report podcast on ESPN.com done by Bill Simmons. They talk with TJ and they touch on the same exact things you just mentioned.
Old 10-15-10, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 272 Likes on 201 Posts

According to TMZ, T.J. Lavin is in a medically induced coma after crashing his bike in a BMX event. He has brain swelling and is listed in critical condition.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/10/15/tj-lav...x-injured-mtv/

Hopefully, he will make a full recovery.
Old 10-15-10, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Damn, he talked about entering that event during the podcast linked above.
Old 10-20-10, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 193 Likes on 155 Posts

Katie Doyle is a trainwreck. She's 31 years old, and she's still going on these shows and acting the fool. At least she's better than Tonya...I guess.

I watched Laurel's apology online. I think she's just a mean drunk. Unlike Katie she's still in her early 20s so hopefully she can learn something from that.

Shavon is useless. I would have rather seen Casey back. At least she's fun.
Old 10-20-10, 11:53 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Katie Doyle is a trainwreck. She's 31 years old, and she's still going on these shows and acting the fool. .
Maybe so, but it made for an entertaining show. I like that she "fights" back.

Hilarious watching soo many people bust ass on the challenge today.

Laurel is an angry drunk. I felt bad for Easy.
Old 10-21-10, 01:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Katie Doyle is a trainwreck. She's 31 years old, and she's still going on these shows and acting the fool. At least she's better than Tonya...I guess.

I watched Laurel's apology online. I think she's just a mean drunk. Unlike Katie she's still in her early 20s so hopefully she can learn something from that.

Shavon is useless. I would have rather seen Casey back. At least she's fun.
Paula is as well. It just manifests itself in other ways.

I used to think most of this stuff was an act, but I'm thinking maybe a good % of these people are douches and crazy. Especially, as you mentioned, when it's still going on into their late 20's and early 30's. I simply was a different person when I was 31 and 21, so the younger ones I do hope will grow into more mature people...like my Susie!!!

Maybe Laurel won't be like this, but I don't think I'll ever be able to root for her unless she's a completely changed person when we see her on her 8th challenge in who knows how many years. Just like I can't ever like Kenny, even if he's playing to the camera. There's a certain level of cruel behavior that is just beyond acceptable and it looks like Laurel is THAT person at this stage of her life when she drinks. And that's NOT a good enough excuse.

I was thinking MTV were wankers if they didn't have a message at the end extending their prayers for TJ, so I'm glad they had some of the players say something nice. It's a trashy show on a trashy network, but that was totally needed considering the situation.

Shavon shouldn't be allowed back. She serves no purpose. It's not like she's Beth and will make you feel sorry for her and hate her in the same episode before she used to quit something. Shavon is boring, unattractive and lame.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.