Old 09-30-10, 02:47 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,550 Likes on 2,542 Posts
The Vampire Diaries -- "Memory Lane" -- 09/30/10

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2010-09-09

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Katherine reveals to Stefan secrets about what really happened in 1864 when she turned him into a vampire. Meanwhile, Damon tries to resolve his conflict with Mason, and Tyler attempts to get Mason to tell him the truth about the Lockwoods' dark past.

Love Katherine and I like these episodes with the backstory.
Old 09-30-10, 07:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: The Vampire Diaries -- "Memory Lane" -- 09/30/10

Am I the only one who was hoping Katherine and Elena would make out when they met?
Old 09-30-10, 08:49 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 399 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom
Am I the only one who was hoping Katherine and Elena would make out when they met?
no
Old 09-30-10, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pretty good ep.. but at the "trigger" to become a werewolf due to the curse..

I guess it fits in a story line -a curse for doing something bad- sort of way but the uncle was acting like it's something one has to work to avoid doing

Spoiler:
as if killing someone is a lunch time activity for a high school kid.

Katherine looked extra hot this ep, lure of the crazy bad girl I guess.
Old 09-30-10, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DeadLamb
pretty good ep.. but at the "trigger" to become a werewolf due to the curse..

I guess it fits in a story line -a curse for doing something bad- sort of way but the uncle was acting like it's something one has to work to avoid doing

Spoiler:
as if killing someone is a lunch time activity for a high school kid.
Maybe he thought Tyler might one day be tempted to gain werewolf powers, and thus tempted to kill. I dunno, that part baffled me, as well.

at Damon's Dances With Wolves sketch.
Old 10-01-10, 05:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Wolf stuff is still a bit confusing. Last week Tyler stopped his uncle from attacking Stefan which sounds like he is some kind of alpha, but can he be an alpha and not actually be cursed yet? Also the uncle was able to calm Tyler down nearly instantly when he was fighting the episode before which is something an Omega would be able to do. Most of the books i have read have females as the Omega. Then again maybe none of this applies in the VD universe.
Old 10-01-10, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Axeramm
Wolf stuff is still a bit confusing. Last week Tyler stopped his uncle from attacking
I did not think Tyler stopped his uncle from attacking as much as he just startled him and that cut through the fog of rage that seems to be a staple in werewolf stories. Ya know, see a family member, girl they love or whatever so the human side gains control for a few seconds and they run off. It seems to be done at least once in almost any werewolf tale.

In human form the uncle shut down Tyler right away being he is just a lot bigger/stronger.

The show makes it sounds like all the men in that family blood line are "cursed" but they don't kill anyone and trigger the curse.. oh and and course with the show having people running around with rings on that let you "kill" them with out really killing off the character on the show I'm sure we can all see where this might be going.
Old 10-01-10, 03:53 PM

I wish they'd stop with the "Katherine surprising everybody by posing as Elena" schtick. It's obvious which one is which: Katherine has curly and slightly poofy hair, Elena has straight and rather flat hair.
Old 10-02-10, 01:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My favorite line of the episode was Damon admitting that he was a dick.
Old 10-03-10, 07:44 PM
DVD Talk God

Just got caught up with the last 2 weeks.

This was a really good episode. Loved the additional back story about Katherine and her relationship with Damon and Stefan.

What was that stone/item that Katherine gave to the Lockwood relative back in the 1800's before she went to kiss "dead" Stefan?

I don't get why Damon stabbed Mason for really no reason. Is he just trying to start some kind of new feud with the Lockwood's?

I was honestly surprised by the reveal that Stefan and Elena's argument was set up because they knew Caroline was Katherine's mole.

I think Nina Dobrev is awesome as both Katherine and Elena...but personally for me I prefer the straight haired innocent Elena to the maneater vixen Katherine.
Old 10-03-10, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya
I don't get why Damon stabbed Mason for really no reason. Is he just trying to start some kind of new feud with the Lockwood's?
I don't think Damon believed Mason's talk of a truce and was letting him know it. Also, Damon just does rash crazy shit.
Old 10-03-10, 08:03 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom
I don't think Damon believed Mason's talk of a truce and was letting him know it. Also, Damon just does rash crazy shit.
Yeah crazy shit like breaking Jeremy's neck because Katherine broke his heart.
Old 10-04-10, 12:30 AM

Originally Posted by DJariya
Just got caught up with the last 2 weeks.

This was a really good episode. Loved the additional back story about Katherine and her relationship with Damon and Stefan.

What was that stone/item that Katherine gave to the Lockwood relative back in the 1800's before she went to kiss "dead" Stefan?

I was honestly surprised by the reveal that Stefan and Elena's argument was set up because they knew Caroline was Katherine's mole.

I think Nina Dobrev is awesome as both Katherine and Elena...but personally for me I prefer the straight haired innocent Elena to the maneater vixen Katherine.
The stone was the moonstone that Mason wants and I think Damon stabbed Mason with a silver knife thinking that silver killed werewolves...
Old 10-04-10, 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by Eve1972
The stone was the moonstone that Mason wants and I think Damon stabbed Mason with a silver knife thinking that silver killed werewolves...
I don't know why he bothered, he could have killed Mason by beating him to death. Even though Mason appears to be able to regenerate from severe wounds (like the knife wound) even when human, I doubt he could do so if dead (otherwise the werewolves wouldn't have been wiped out by the vampires). It's not like he's super-tough when he's not a werewolf. It would be a gross mismatch is Damon's favor.
Old 10-04-10, 09:11 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by aynrandgirl
I wish they'd stop with the "Katherine surprising everybody by posing as Elena" schtick. It's obvious which one is which: Katherine has curly and slightly poofy hair, Elena has straight and rather flat hair.
Katherine = Hot
Elena = Average
Old 10-05-10, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by aynrandgirl
It's not like he's super-tough when he's not a werewolf. It would be a gross mismatch is Damon's favor.
Mason beat Stefan at the carnival's arm wrestling booth. Stefan tells Damon he was trying and still lost quite badly. I'd say they're implying he's stronger than many vampires even when not a werewolf.
Old 10-12-10, 07:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 128 Likes on 94 Posts

I'm slowly catching up with the season - this was another great episode.

Interesting now that we're somehow supposed to have some level of sympathy for Catherine. I assume the end of the season may deal with why she came back to town and what she was running from in 1864. Her comment to Ellana about asking the wrong questions was curious.

If you're Stephan and Ellana and you're going to have a fake conversation, wouldn't you have the real one in the bathroom with the water on? What prevents somebody else from listening in?

I wonder if Jeremy will get some sort of storyline this year. He's been rather absent for a few episodes. Bonnie has been somewhat as well, but that's fine because her character grates on me.

Dances with wolves. I think he's worse than House.