Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

The Vampire Diaries -- "Memory Lane" -- 09/30/10

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Vampire Diaries -- "Memory Lane" -- 09/30/10

Old 09-30-10, 03:47 AM
  #1  
DVD Talk Godfather
Thread Starter
 
DJariya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: La Palma, CA
Posts: 57,003
Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
The Vampire Diaries -- "Memory Lane" -- 09/30/10

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2010-09-09

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Katherine reveals to Stefan secrets about what really happened in 1864 when she turned him into a vampire. Meanwhile, Damon tries to resolve his conflict with Mason, and Tyler attempts to get Mason to tell him the truth about the Lockwoods' dark past.


Love Katherine and I like these episodes with the backstory.
Old 09-30-10, 08:54 PM
  #2  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Raleighwood
Posts: 6,644
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Vampire Diaries -- "Memory Lane" -- 09/30/10

Am I the only one who was hoping Katherine and Elena would make out when they met?
Old 09-30-10, 09:49 PM
  #3  
TGM
DVD Talk Legend
 
TGM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 15,836
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Re: The Vampire Diaries -- "Memory Lane" -- 09/30/10

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom View Post
Am I the only one who was hoping Katherine and Elena would make out when they met?
no
Old 10-01-10, 12:12 AM
  #4  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 1,065
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Vampire Diaries -- "Memory Lane" -- 09/30/10

pretty good ep.. but at the "trigger" to become a werewolf due to the curse..

I guess it fits in a story line -a curse for doing something bad- sort of way but the uncle was acting like it's something one has to work to avoid doing

Spoiler:
as if killing someone is a lunch time activity for a high school kid.


Katherine looked extra hot this ep, lure of the crazy bad girl I guess.
Old 10-01-10, 12:18 AM
  #5  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Raleighwood
Posts: 6,644
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Vampire Diaries -- "Memory Lane" -- 09/30/10

Originally Posted by DeadLamb View Post
pretty good ep.. but at the "trigger" to become a werewolf due to the curse..

I guess it fits in a story line -a curse for doing something bad- sort of way but the uncle was acting like it's something one has to work to avoid doing

Spoiler:
as if killing someone is a lunch time activity for a high school kid.
Maybe he thought Tyler might one day be tempted to gain werewolf powers, and thus tempted to kill. I dunno, that part baffled me, as well.

at Damon's Dances With Wolves sketch.
Old 10-01-10, 06:37 AM
  #6  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2,474
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Vampire Diaries -- "Memory Lane" -- 09/30/10

Wolf stuff is still a bit confusing. Last week Tyler stopped his uncle from attacking Stefan which sounds like he is some kind of alpha, but can he be an alpha and not actually be cursed yet? Also the uncle was able to calm Tyler down nearly instantly when he was fighting the episode before which is something an Omega would be able to do. Most of the books i have read have females as the Omega. Then again maybe none of this applies in the VD universe.
Old 10-01-10, 03:20 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 1,065
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Vampire Diaries -- "Memory Lane" -- 09/30/10

Originally Posted by Axeramm View Post
Wolf stuff is still a bit confusing. Last week Tyler stopped his uncle from attacking
I did not think Tyler stopped his uncle from attacking as much as he just startled him and that cut through the fog of rage that seems to be a staple in werewolf stories. Ya know, see a family member, girl they love or whatever so the human side gains control for a few seconds and they run off. It seems to be done at least once in almost any werewolf tale.

In human form the uncle shut down Tyler right away being he is just a lot bigger/stronger.

The show makes it sounds like all the men in that family blood line are "cursed" but they don't kill anyone and trigger the curse.. oh and and course with the show having people running around with rings on that let you "kill" them with out really killing off the character on the show I'm sure we can all see where this might be going.
Old 10-01-10, 04:53 PM
  #8  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 795
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Vampire Diaries -- "Memory Lane" -- 09/30/10

I wish they'd stop with the "Katherine surprising everybody by posing as Elena" schtick. It's obvious which one is which: Katherine has curly and slightly poofy hair, Elena has straight and rather flat hair.
Old 10-02-10, 02:22 AM
  #9  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 834
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Vampire Diaries -- "Memory Lane" -- 09/30/10

My favorite line of the episode was Damon admitting that he was a dick.
Old 10-03-10, 08:44 PM
  #10  
DVD Talk Godfather
Thread Starter
 
DJariya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: La Palma, CA
Posts: 57,003
Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: The Vampire Diaries -- "Memory Lane" -- 09/30/10

Just got caught up with the last 2 weeks.

This was a really good episode. Loved the additional back story about Katherine and her relationship with Damon and Stefan.

What was that stone/item that Katherine gave to the Lockwood relative back in the 1800's before she went to kiss "dead" Stefan?

I don't get why Damon stabbed Mason for really no reason. Is he just trying to start some kind of new feud with the Lockwood's?

I was honestly surprised by the reveal that Stefan and Elena's argument was set up because they knew Caroline was Katherine's mole.

I think Nina Dobrev is awesome as both Katherine and Elena...but personally for me I prefer the straight haired innocent Elena to the maneater vixen Katherine.
Old 10-03-10, 09:01 PM
  #11  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Raleighwood
Posts: 6,644
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Vampire Diaries -- "Memory Lane" -- 09/30/10

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
I don't get why Damon stabbed Mason for really no reason. Is he just trying to start some kind of new feud with the Lockwood's?
I don't think Damon believed Mason's talk of a truce and was letting him know it. Also, Damon just does rash crazy shit.
Old 10-03-10, 09:03 PM
  #12  
DVD Talk Godfather
Thread Starter
 
DJariya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: La Palma, CA
Posts: 57,003
Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Re: The Vampire Diaries -- "Memory Lane" -- 09/30/10

Originally Posted by Fist of Doom View Post
I don't think Damon believed Mason's talk of a truce and was letting him know it. Also, Damon just does rash crazy shit.
Yeah crazy shit like breaking Jeremy's neck because Katherine broke his heart.
Old 10-04-10, 01:30 AM
  #13  
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Swimming in a tranquil sea of blue...
Posts: 142
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Vampire Diaries -- "Memory Lane" -- 09/30/10

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
Just got caught up with the last 2 weeks.

This was a really good episode. Loved the additional back story about Katherine and her relationship with Damon and Stefan.

What was that stone/item that Katherine gave to the Lockwood relative back in the 1800's before she went to kiss "dead" Stefan?

I don't get why Damon stabbed Mason for really no reason. Is he just trying to start some kind of new feud with the Lockwood's?

I was honestly surprised by the reveal that Stefan and Elena's argument was set up because they knew Caroline was Katherine's mole.

I think Nina Dobrev is awesome as both Katherine and Elena...but personally for me I prefer the straight haired innocent Elena to the maneater vixen Katherine.
The stone was the moonstone that Mason wants and I think Damon stabbed Mason with a silver knife thinking that silver killed werewolves...
Old 10-04-10, 05:12 AM
  #14  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 795
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Vampire Diaries -- "Memory Lane" -- 09/30/10

Originally Posted by Eve1972 View Post
The stone was the moonstone that Mason wants and I think Damon stabbed Mason with a silver knife thinking that silver killed werewolves...
I don't know why he bothered, he could have killed Mason by beating him to death. Even though Mason appears to be able to regenerate from severe wounds (like the knife wound) even when human, I doubt he could do so if dead (otherwise the werewolves wouldn't have been wiped out by the vampires). It's not like he's super-tough when he's not a werewolf. It would be a gross mismatch is Damon's favor.
Old 10-04-10, 10:11 AM
  #15  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Gizmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Formerly known as "GizmoDVD"/Southern CA
Posts: 30,428
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: The Vampire Diaries -- "Memory Lane" -- 09/30/10

Originally Posted by aynrandgirl View Post
I wish they'd stop with the "Katherine surprising everybody by posing as Elena" schtick. It's obvious which one is which: Katherine has curly and slightly poofy hair, Elena has straight and rather flat hair.
Katherine = Hot
Elena = Average
Old 10-05-10, 01:56 AM
  #16  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,358
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Vampire Diaries -- "Memory Lane" -- 09/30/10

Originally Posted by aynrandgirl View Post
It's not like he's super-tough when he's not a werewolf. It would be a gross mismatch is Damon's favor.
Mason beat Stefan at the carnival's arm wrestling booth. Stefan tells Damon he was trying and still lost quite badly. I'd say they're implying he's stronger than many vampires even when not a werewolf.
Old 10-12-10, 08:04 AM
  #17  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: SnogBox
Posts: 7,363
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Vampire Diaries -- "Memory Lane" -- 09/30/10

I'm slowly catching up with the season - this was another great episode.

Interesting now that we're somehow supposed to have some level of sympathy for Catherine. I assume the end of the season may deal with why she came back to town and what she was running from in 1864. Her comment to Ellana about asking the wrong questions was curious.

If you're Stephan and Ellana and you're going to have a fake conversation, wouldn't you have the real one in the bathroom with the water on? What prevents somebody else from listening in?

I wonder if Jeremy will get some sort of storyline this year. He's been rather absent for a few episodes. Bonnie has been somewhat as well, but that's fine because her character grates on me.

Dances with wolves. I think he's worse than House.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.