Old 09-28-10, 04:16 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Parenthood -- "I'm Cooler than You Think" -- 09/28/10

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2010-09-17

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Sarah's coworker (Kevin Alejandro) offers advice on Amber, who's been spending a lot of time with a new friend. Elsewhere, Julia wants another baby, and Adam works on his relationship with Max.

So far it's been good and consistent. Not alot of expanding storyline other than Crosby's struggles to be a good Dad and Adam struggling with the boss at the shoe factory.
Old 09-28-10, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Parenthood -- "I'm Cooler than You Think" -- 09/28/10

Awesome picture!

Can't wait to see the episode.

I guess Haddie and Amber are on the sidelines right now because they had such a large chunk of storyline last year.
Old 09-28-10, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by conscience View Post
Awesome picture!

Can't wait to see the episode.

I guess Haddie and Amber are on the sidelines right now because they had such a large chunk of storyline last year.
Hey look it was an episode about Amber and Haddie (among other things). lol

Love this show. Don't know what else to say about it.
Old 09-29-10, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Good episode, but that's to be expected.

Adam and Crosby the highlights, as always. I feel repetetive whenever I come in a thread for this show and just talk about how great Dax Shepard's acting is, but it deserves mention. Peter Krause was really good in this episode too, he really did a great job conveying his frustration and emotion.

Best line of the night was Adam saying "I'm his father, I'd like him to be interested in me. And if not, I'd like him to be trained to be. That didn't come out right."

I think this is the first time I've actually really liked Sarah in an episode. Amber's begrudging acknowledgment that she had fun with her mom was funny.

I'm glad they're fleshing Joel out. Sam Jaeger was great in Eli Stone and I really like him here as well. It's good he finally called out Julia for making all the decisions and not really recognizing all the work he does. I think she sort of realized it herself too, that he misses work and being able to be around adults. But yeah, it was pretty messed up her making the unilateral decision that they were going to have a kid.

If they are going to give Sarah a love interest in Forklift Guy, why completely change Adam's business and give him a boss? It seems as though they had a perfectly workable option without completely changing something that was already established.

I really can't stand Jasmine's mom. She's just awful. Sure, she showed some improvement at the end, but I don't think it will be lasting. She treats Crosby like garbage and doesn't give him any say in how HIS son is raised. It's not like she was the best parent around either, Jasmine isn't without her problems.
Old 09-29-10, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by kstublen View Post

If they are going to give Sarah a love interest in Forklift Guy, why completely change Adam's business and give him a boss? It seems as though they had a perfectly workable option without completely changing something that was already established.

Sarah is going to be in a love triangle with True Blood guy and the Baldwin. LG said so on Leno the other night.

Last edited by Giantrobo; 09-29-10 at 07:59 PM.
Old 09-29-10, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Giantrobo View Post
Sarah is going to be in a love triangle withe True Blood guy and the Baldwin. LG said so on Leno the other night.
Ugh. I can't stand her character, so worthless and obnoxious.

And yeah, I figured they were heading for the love triangle. I should have been more specific - I just meant it's ridiculous that they could have easily incorporated a love interest without having to give Adam a boss.
Old 09-29-10, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Sarah is going to be in a love triangle withe True Blood guy and the Baldwin. LG said so on Leno the other night.
Oh, ok. I thought they swiftly swept whatever Baldwin that is under the rug.
Old 09-29-10, 07:59 PM

Why are they watching ESPN Classic and pretending it's live? What a strange family.

Fantastic episode once again. I really hope they at least last a full season before it's canned. Ratings don't look too hot.

I think they were reliving what they used to do when the whole family would go to the game on Sunday's.
Ahh... that makes sense. Thanks.

Last edited by spamurai; 09-29-10 at 08:07 PM.
Old 09-29-10, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Timber View Post
Oh, ok. I thought they swiftly swept whatever Baldwin that is under the rug.

Yeah it seemed that way. He's the Baldwin from Krause's other show Dirty Sexy Money.
Old 09-29-10, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by spamurai View Post
Why are they watching ESPN Classic and pretending it's live? What a strange family.

I think they were reliving what they used to do when the whole family would go to the game on Sunday's.
Old 10-01-10, 03:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I may be stating the obvious here but haven't seen it mentioned. Anyone else assuming Amber's new friend is gay? Throw in the fact Amber was burned so bad by Sarah's boyfriend last season and it would make perfect sense.
Old 10-01-10, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by kilcher View Post
I may be stating the obvious here but haven't seen it mentioned. Anyone else assuming Amber's new friend is gay? Throw in the fact Amber was burned so bad by Sarah's boyfriend last season and it would make perfect sense.
Isn't that the same actress who plays Peggy's new exciting pot smoking lesbian friend on Mad Men?

Maybe she is the go to person for exciting lesbian characters.
Old 10-01-10, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by kilcher View Post
The thought definitely crossed my mind.
Old 10-04-10, 01:50 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Several days late watching this, but Sunday night is when I'm able to catch up with most of the things I record during the week.

Great episode once again. I thought Joel's argument with Julia about her jumping the gun about the baby was very valid on his part. He's been a stay at home Dad for 6 years? and had to put his career on hold while Julia made all the decisions. Glad he stood up for himself. As KStublen mentioned earlier, I'm glad they are starting to flesh out his character more.

I like Sarah even though she can be selfish and obnoxious at times. She tries really hard to bond with her children and be a good mother even though she doesn't necessarily have the parenting skills.

It's too bad Mr. Cyr is now on The Event. I enjoyed their relationship alot. Forklift guy can't be around long since he's headed back to Southland on TNT in January.
Old 10-04-10, 03:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't know that Joel really stood up for himself since he caved 2 seconds after his tirade.
Old 10-04-10, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
It's too bad Mr. Cyr is now on The Event. I enjoyed their relationship alot. Forklift guy can't be around long since he's headed back to Southland on TNT in January.
I love how those of us that watch lots of TV can more or less predict how character arcs or relationships are going to turn out based on casting in other, non-related television shows.
Old 10-05-10, 03:13 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
Forklift guy can't be around long since he's headed back to Southland on TNT in January.
He's on True Blood too.