TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

My DEXTER Chronicles - Season 1 Review

Old 09-27-10, 06:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My DEXTER Chronicles - Season 1 Review

PLEASE NO SPOILERS OF SEASON 2 -5

CONTAINS SEASON 1 SPOILERS

Just finished Season 1 and was pretty blown away. The most impressive thing about the show is the true substance of the show is the characters and their development. For a show with a serial killer for a star, there really was very little actual violence.

The characters and the actors playing them are all very complimentary and well rounded. My favourites being Angel and the asian guy who works in the lab with Dexter.

I knew who the ice truck killer was the moment he stepped on screen (well close to it). That wasn't very well disguised but it didn't matter. It was the cat and mouse between him and Dexter which made the season. Didn't really like the reveal it was his long lost brother.

Flashbacks with James Remar are great, always loved James Remar.

The bold black cop, what happened to his sub storyline with him being the target of the big gangster ? that storyline seemed to die rather quickly

After the first few episodes, it looked like Dexter was going to kill anyone who crossed him and he would kill someone every week. Glad they didn't go that route. I was surprised when he didn't kill the scumbag who took Jule Benz's car because of a debt from her ex. I was sure he was gonna get whacked. And Dex not whacking Paul also showed great restraint from the writers.

Wasn't so fond of the power struggle between the black lady lieutenant and the chief. I did like the relationship between Dex and his adopted sister. also don't know whay the bald black cop has it in for Dex so much.

I would like to see some variety in the kills of Dexter.

Anyway just about to start Season 2.
Old 09-27-10, 07:01 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: My DEXTER Chronicles - Season 1 Review

Not to spoil anything, but from what you've written here you will probably enjoy Season 2 for a lot of reasons.

The great thing about Dexter is that you can't really get comfortable. The show takes chances, and you can never really sit on something and have it come out exactly as you think it will.
Old 09-27-10, 07:41 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jesus Christ, you really don't seem to be able to remember character names.
Old 09-27-10, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dragon Tattoo View Post
Jesus Christ, you really don't seem to be able to remember character names.
He at least remembered which ones are black.

Oh, and if i remember, he did kill the guy who took her car, they just didn't show it.