Old 09-24-10, 04:53 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts
CSI: NY -- The 7th season Thread -- Premieres 09/24/10

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2011-01-01

Synopsis for The 34th Floor:

Spoiler:
The seventh season begins with new team member Jo Danville (Sela Ward) discovering the body of a young woman who was murdered somewhere in the New York crime-lab building.

Out:
Melina Kanakeredes (Stella)

She will not be appearing on the show any longer. She will be written out as:

Spoiler:
Having transferred to New Orleans PD

In:
Sela Ward (Sisters, House and Once & Again)

This is my favorite of the three CSI's and I have had a crush on Sela Ward since The Fugitive . A very lovely lady and solid actress. I'm looking forward to seeing her here. This is also an important year for CSI NY since it's now on Friday's and is the lead-in for Blue Bloods.

Last edited by DJariya; 01-01-11 at 04:23 AM.
Old 09-24-10, 09:30 AM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: CSI: NY -- The 7th season Thread -- Premieres 09/24/10

Will be catching this later in the weekend due to work.

Glad that Melina Kanakeredes isn't in the show anymore - was never a big fan. Haven't seen Sela Ward in too many things so interested in what she has to offer.

Kinda curious as how this episode will play out given how they left the cliff hanger last season (which to me was kinda lame).
Old 09-24-10, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm kind of curious to see what kind of ratings this will get as on Wednesdays it was getting ~12 million per week. I can't imagine it would be able to get those kind of numbers on Fridays but who knows.
Old 09-25-10, 04:20 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Good start to season 7

I don't expect many people in this forum to comment about CSI NY (hence only 1 thread), but once again as I said in my OP, I think this is the best and most consistently good of the 3 CSI's.

I like the introduction of Jo (Sela Ward) and I think she will make a good replacement for Melina. I like how she teased Adam to start off and she has already displayed a little attitude as well.

However, to how they explained Stella's departure. For someone who was on the show 6 seasons, I think they should have made a better effort to get Melina to at least appear on this episode to say goodbye. I mean a letter from her new residence in New Orleans as the head of their Crime Scene department. That was disappointing. It seemed more like an afterthought.

I did like how they resolved the cliffhanger with Danny, Lindsay and Casey.
Old 09-25-10, 04:34 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Sorry I had to laugh at Eddie Cahill's (Don Flack) ridiculous hair though. It looked like he was auditioning for a role on Grease.
Old 09-25-10, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Alright I know it's season 7 but I've never quite understood something... Original CSI, Grissom and the CSI gang always made it a point that they were CSI, not cops. Shouldn't the other casts be the same? And yet at the beginning of this, Lindsey gets a medal and is wearing dress blues for it? Not to mention on NY and Miami Mack and Caruso's character basically act like they run the department.

I've just never understood the inconsistency between the shows.
Old 09-25-10, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY

oh god, they brought back the holodeck
Old 09-25-10, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by dgmayor View Post
Alright I know it's season 7 but I've never quite understood something... Original CSI, Grissom and the CSI gang always made it a point that they were CSI, not cops. Shouldn't the other casts be the same? And yet at the beginning of this, Lindsey gets a medal and is wearing dress blues for it? Not to mention on NY and Miami Mack and Caruso's character basically act like they run the department.

I've just never understood the inconsistency between the shows.
The CSI's in Las Vegas aren't actually police officers. Nick, Catherine, Sara I believe are lab people, but are licensed to carry a firearm. Eckley actually runs the LV lab...Catherine is just the evening supervisor. Same applies to Miami with Natalia as she's just a lab chick licensed to carry a firearm. Calleigh and Eric are actually Police officers. H is a Police Lieutenant....remember he was a detective beforehand in the prequel episode last season that explained the back story of the lab. H runs the Miami lab. In New York, Mac is a Detective, but is the boss/supervisor of their crime lab. I believe Lindsay and Danny are both actual police officers. Hawkes is a former doctor and only licensed to carry a firearm....Jo, the new girl, is a former Washington DC Cop.

Last edited by DJariya; 09-25-10 at 06:56 PM.
Old 09-25-10, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
Jo, the new girl, is a former Washington DC Cop.
I think she said she was a former Fed...The premiere was okay but I think I'm breaking up with the CSI franchise this season.
Old 09-25-10, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
The CSI's in Las Vegas aren't actually police officers. Nick, Catherine, Sara I believe are lab people, but are licensed to carry a firearm. Eckley actually runs the LV lab...Catherine is just the evening supervisor. Same applies to Miami with Natalia as she's just a lab chick licensed to carry a firearm. Calleigh and Eric are actually Police officers. H is a Police Lieutenant....remember he was a detective beforehand in the prequel episode last season that explained the back story of the lab. H runs the Miami lab. In New York, Mac is a Detective, but is the boss/supervisor of their crime lab. I believe Lindsay and Danny are both actual police officers. Hawkes is a former doctor and only licensed to carry a firearm....Jo, the new girl, is a former Washington DC Cop.
Alright I knew all that about the original CSI. Forgot about Eckley and the evening supervisor when I was posting, but I did know that. As for Miami, I stopped watching it 4 or 5 years ago.

I guess I just never understood why if these other characters on the spin-offs are cops, why are they doing the CSI job.
Old 09-25-10, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dgmayor View Post
I guess I just never understood why if these other characters on the spin-offs are cops, why are they doing the CSI job.
Maybe because in some cities they require CSIs to be fully trained officers? Different cities can have different rules, you know.