DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Michael Emerson and Terry O'Quinn to star in new JJ Abrams produced series (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/579721-michael-emerson-terry-oquinn-star-new-jj-abrams-produced-series.html)

aktick 09-23-10 10:20 PM

Michael Emerson and Terry O'Quinn to star in new JJ Abrams produced series

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/09/23/ex...jj-abrams-nbc/

I know it had been rumored a while back, but it sounds like it will happen. Awesome news. :up:

Say what you will about the way Lost wrapped up its six-year run, but few can deny that the rivalry between Island hero John Locke and Island rogue Benjamin Linus produced some awesome entertainment. Much of that had to do with the on-screen rapport of the show’s only acting Emmy winners, Terry O’Quinn and Michael Emerson. Both actors became close in the process of their TV sparring, and during the final season of the show, O’Quinn began talking aloud about the idea putting together a new show for him and Emerson. Now that dreaming is close to becoming reality: Yesterday, news broke that NBC was developing a new drama starring O’Quinn and Emerson produced by Lost co-creator JJ Abrams. The title and premise are hush-hush, but Abrams and co. were once kicking around a concept that would have the actors playing ex-black ops agents, entitled Odd Jobs. Sounds like the new Bruce Willis movie RED meets The Odd Couple. Whatever it is, we can’t wait to see it. Neither can Michael Emerson. We caught up with him via email and asked him for his reaction to the NBC pick-up. He couldn’t say much about the project itself — but as you can tell from his punctuation, he’s pretty !!! about the whole thing.

“I really am AMAZED that what started out as some kidding-around on the set of LOST has turned into a network TV reality! I’m still reeling from this sudden turn of events. I’m an actor who has never even succeeded in testing for a pilot and here I find myself involved in a project custom-built for Terry and me! Can’t tell you how thrilling it is to be part of the Bad Robot family and enter into this exciting collaboration with Warner Brothers and NBC! Have we ARRIVED or what?! But best of all will be that day when Terry and I show up on the set of a brand new show, look around, shrug our shoulders and say “Let’s get started!” My fingers are crossed! (Did I use enough exclamation points? Ha!)”

Groucho 09-23-10 10:21 PM

Re: Michael Emerson and Terry O'Quinn to star in new JJ Abrams produced series

Won't happen. I don't see anything close to an official announcement there.

aktick 09-23-10 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by Groucho (Post 10389444)
Won't happen. I don't see anything close to an official announcement there.

Way to rain on a guy's parade. :sad:

Groucho 09-23-10 10:26 PM

Not at all. I was pissing on your cheerios.

In fact, that would be a great name for the show: Piss and Cheerio. One's an Irish cop from Boston, the other's a London bobby.

NORML54601 09-23-10 10:38 PM

Abrams just started a new show. Some spy thing on NBC

Gunde 09-24-10 01:52 AM

If that 'ex-black ops agents' concept is the best they can come up with for these to actors then no fucking thanks.

riley_dude 09-24-10 03:01 AM

J.J is just cranking out the shows now, isn't he? This is his second spy show too.
They need to really think carefully about what they do with these two guys. Just throwing a series together so that these two can work together again is a waste.

Chaza 09-24-10 03:15 AM

I've liked O'Quinn since Millenium and Emerson since I was in jail and he starred in that informative video.

Goat3001 09-24-10 05:24 AM

They should do a 30 minute comedy instead.

stingermck 09-24-10 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by Chaza (Post 10389747)
I've liked O'Quinn since Millenium and Emerson since I was in jail and he starred in that informative video.

:lol:

Jimmy James 09-24-10 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by riley_dude (Post 10389736)
J.J is just cranking out the shows now, isn't he? This is his second spy show too.
They need to really think carefully about what they do with these two guys. Just throwing a series together so that these two can work together again is a waste.

Forget careful thought. Eventually throwing shit together without a satisfying resolution will catch up to JJ like it did to David E. Kelley.

conscience 09-24-10 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by Jimmy James (Post 10391146)
Forget careful thought. Eventually throwing shit together without a satisfying resolution will catch up to JJ like it did to David E. Kelley.

I'm not sure but has he ever stayed on for the entire length of a show he has created? He usually passes the torch so he can go create another show or direct a movie.

Red Dog 09-24-10 07:10 PM

First time I've ever heard/realized the name of the actor who portrayed Ben. Well, that's what happens with DVRs and when tv shows don't have opening credits anymore.

Kevin M. Dean 09-25-10 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by conscience (Post 10391176)
I'm not sure but has he ever stayed on for the entire length of a show he has created? He usually passes the torch so he can go create another show or direct a movie.

Felicity.