Old 09-23-10, 05:21 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
CSI: -- Season Premiere -- "Shock Waves" -- 09/23/10

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2010-09-23

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
The 11th season begins with Ray fighting for his life after being stabbed by serial killer Nate Haskell. Meanwhile, a troubled teen (Justin Bieber) gets into an explosive confrontation with CSIs, and a funeral attended by lab members turns deadly.

Preview of the season premiere...More like an EPK

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BhLYQuzbNcs?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BhLYQuzbNcs?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

to Justin Bieber guest starring.

BTW, little note to mention, this will unfortunately be Marg Helgenberger's final season on the show. She re-signed to do 19 of the 23 or 24 episodes this season gets.

http://www.daemonstv.com/2010/07/28/...ter-season-11/
Old 09-23-10, 10:14 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: CSI: -- Season Premiere -- "Shock Waves" -- 09/23/10

Yeah, the Bieber casting is lame. I hear he's also coming back for another episode in early 2011.
Old 09-23-10, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

No Liz Vassey

Justin Bieber

This episode is starting out in the hole.
Old 09-23-10, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin View Post
No Liz Vassey

Old 09-23-10, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Goodbye Liz Vassey, and goodbye CSI credibility.

Fuck Bieber. They're really going bottom of the barrel to try to ring in viewers with this. I started a thread about this casting mistake where I said "CSI is officially dead", and I stand by that. I think I'll skip this one this season.
Old 09-23-10, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Nick Martin View Post
Goodbye Liz Vassey, and goodbye CSI credibility.

Fuck Bieber. They're really going bottom of the barrel to try to ring in viewers with this. I started a thread about this casting mistake where I said "CSI is officially dead", and I stand by that. I think I'll skip this one this season.
I agree! The Stunt guest stars are killing this show.. didn't like the Rascal Flats episode or the Taylor Swift ones..

I think I will skip this one too.
Old 09-23-10, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This has gone from one of my favorite shows to being deleted from the tivo in one year, last year was very hit and miss, mainly miss.
Old 09-23-10, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by BearFan View Post
This has gone from one of my favorite shows to being deleted from the tivo in one year, last year was very hit and miss, mainly miss.
I will agree with you there. The Jekyll arc fell flat on it's face and that was probably the most compelling running storyline last season until the resolution with that Guido having Daddy issues.
Old 09-23-10, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

yeah, not sure if i will stick around with this. seemed like a chore to watch it last year. unfortunately, nothing will ever compare to the miniature killer story line from a few years ago.
Old 09-23-10, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll watch tonight's episode to see them resolve Ray's storyline and then I'm done with this show.
Old 09-24-10, 02:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Well, it's not too bad but they're starting yet another serial killer (bomber now). I can only imagine how this will end (with yet another lame killer reveal no doubt). Also, supposedly this will be Marg Helgenberg's last year unless they can convince her to stay. Personally, it's not a big loss as I sometimes cannot stand her and her oft self-righteous attitude.
Old 09-24-10, 04:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY

that douche needs a haircut
Old 09-24-10, 04:28 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY

nice pimp cane the doc got ray
Old 09-24-10, 09:27 AM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

Overall I thought it was a decent episode. Bieber didn't really get much screen time so it's not like he had the chance to screw anything up. and let's be honest, if i was just a regular kid then there wouldn't be such an "uproar", but tag Bieber's name to it and the show has lost it.

Thought I heard that Marg Helgenberger was leaving, which after last season isn't such a bad thing. Obviously since Grissom left the show has never been the same and she just didn't have what it took to be in charge. She was much better in the position she had in the earlier shows.

Shame Liz Vassey didn't get kept on. I would have liked to have seen her out in the field and definitely instead of that new English Bomb tech they have, whom I think might have some screen time if this episode is anything to go by.

Overall, a decent season premiere and one I'll keep watching. Last season started slow and had some ups and downs but for me finished strong enough.
Old 09-24-10, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Agree about Helgenberger, she's just not right as the lab leader. Should be interesting to see who they replace her with... Oh, and I noticed that now Jorja Fox is a part of the opening sequence when last season she held the "Special Guest Star" status.
Old 09-24-10, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Is Sarah going to be pregnant in this season?
Old 09-24-10, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The show hasn't been the same without Grissom. Sorry to see Liz Vassey go. Was it her choice? Why didn't they explain where her character went? Speaking of Grissom, are we to believe that Sara goes home to him every night or is he out of the country?
Old 09-25-10, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Vassey was forced out but they said they would address her absence. From what it seems (total conjecture here) she was promoted to series regular when Jorja Fox left which means a nice raise. Knowing Jorja Fox would become a regular again this season they save money by dumping Liz and getting an unknown replacement.

I thought it was a great episode, and as mentioned, outside of the douchey haircut, the kid wouldn't even get a mention if Bieber wasn't attached to it.
Old 09-26-10, 04:39 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

It was a good season premiere. I know a few of you refused to watch this because of Bieber, but I found him rather insignificant in the story. What did he have 5 mins of screentime tops? The resolution to Ray's cliffhanger was predictable as hell. I did like the nurses at the hospital dropping treatment of Ray's assailant and said "He'll be fine."

Now I have to complain about something. So Jorja Fox is back on the show fulltime and is now in the opening credits again.....What doesn't make any fucking sense about this is that Sara was initially only brought back temporarily to fill in after Riley quit and the lab was understaffed. And she was doing this while Grissom was supposedly doing lectures in Europe. So now, Sara has now been living back in Vegas for over a year now and is still working at the lab? Are we seriously supposed to believe that she and Grissom are a married couple? The writers wrote themselves into a hole here, especially since William Petersen has no plans to return back to the show.