Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

House -- Season Premiere -- "Now What" -- 09/20/10

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-10, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,802 Likes on 1,125 Posts
Re: House -- Season Premiere -- "Now What" -- 09/20/10

I guess HOUSE fans are now Juggalos based on that pic above.
Old 09-21-10, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Maybe it's just me, but I thought this episode was hilarious. While not the same level as Broken (the Season 6 opener), that's not saying much as that was one of the best episodes they've ever done.

But this was an interesting change of pace. I don't want every episode to be like this one, but I wouldn't want them all to be Broken either.

Funny lines, and it had Cuddy's ass crack. That's good enough for me!
Old 09-21-10, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,637 Likes on 2,610 Posts

My God, I don't know what the hell you all are complaining about, but I thought this was a solid premiere.

I have to say the love scene with House and Cuddy and really well done, passionate and very sexy.

I think House has really evolved as a character and I think this episode was a culmination of everything he and Cuddy have gone through. I think Cuddy knows what she's getting into in starting a relationship with him and is willing to accept his many flaws. All the scenes where they interacted with each other were compelling.

And I have to say that Lisa Edelstein is a gorgeous woman. I give her huge props for all the partial nudity that she let them shoot of her in this episode.

The antics at the hospital were light hearted and fun. I thought it was funny that Neurosurgeon got sick & then high off toad eggs.

Going to miss Thirteen for however long she's gone. I've grown to really like her now. That was an interesting twist that she wasn't enrolled in that program in Rome and is basically MIA. I saw that Olivia Wilde is now filming 2 movies during her break from House.
Old 09-21-10, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll defend every bad House episode until I'm blue in the face but this was a really disappointing premiere. I wonder how long the Huddy relationship will last.
Old 09-22-10, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

The premiere was more light hearted then what we're used to, since most probably expect House to kick off with a hard hitting case and more typical "House-isms." Still, I enjoyed it. I liked the way they showed a lighter side of House, and him just being genuinely happy for the day.

What i'm afraid of is if they keep flip flopping between his happiness and bitterness between episodes without any consistency, or if they drag the House/Cuddy relationship around too much with whether they should be together or not.
Old 09-22-10, 06:59 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by mcfly
I wonder how long the Huddy relationship will last.
It's going to be a tricky situation. Given that the show has tiptoed around their relationship for 6 seasons, finally bringing them together and then tearing them apart would be a pretty big middle finger to everyone. But, in the long run I really can't see it working out, either.
Old 09-22-10, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It got to the point where I just FF'd through the House/Cuddy stuff. The hospital scenes were ok, but for the most part a pretty bad start to the season.
Old 09-22-10, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

from me. I also FF through much of the Huddy stuff.
Old 09-26-10, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

House is off our watch list as of this episode. When it focused on actually solving medical cases and House being the genius, it was great. The whole House/Cuddy thing has made us realize how much we really don't like these characters anymore, and the previews are really making it out that their relationship is going to be half the show. We're done. Too much other good, relatively fresh stuff to watch. But that's just us.
Old 09-26-10, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by N2DVD
House is off our watch list as of this episode. When it focused on actually solving medical cases and House being the genius, it was great. The whole House/Cuddy thing has made us realize how much we really don't like these characters anymore, and the previews are really making it out that their relationship is going to be half the show. We're done. Too much other good, relatively fresh stuff to watch. But that's just us.
Is that the "Royal We"?

I thought it was an OK episode, not bad by any means. I did have a moment of panic when I thought they were going to make Cuddy a hallucination, I did not want to deal with that shit again.