Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Covert Affairs - Finale - "I Can't Quit You Baby/When the Levee Breaks" - 9/14/10

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Covert Affairs - Finale - "I Can't Quit You Baby/When the Levee Breaks" - 9/14/10

Old 09-14-10, 04:28 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2010-09-07

Synopsis for episode 1:

Spoiler:
Annie poses as a potential recruit for smugglers in London. Elsewhere, Joan and Arthur must work with Henry Wilcox, a task that tests the chain of command.

Synopsis for episode 2:

Spoiler:
In the first-season finale, Annie and Ben work together on a mission to rescue an asset in Sri Lanka.

Gregory Itzin (24) guest stars tonight

Last week's episode was horrible IMO. Hopefully they make up for it and go out with a bang. It's been a pretty good show, but not without it's problems.
Old 09-14-10, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Covert Affairs - Finale - "I Can't Quit You Baby/When the Levee Breaks" - 9/14/10

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
Last week's episode was horrible IMO. Hopefully they make up for it and go out with a bang. It's been a pretty good show, but not without it's problems.
The guest star last week was so irritating, I was hoping they'd take him back to Iran and torture him.

I've enjoyed the show, though it's somewhat hit-or-miss. I hope next season they drop the "rookie agent" angle and just treat Annie as a regular spy. She's done enough fieldwork to prove herself.
Old 09-14-10, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Re: Covert Affairs - Finale - "I Can't Quit You Baby/When the Levee Breaks" - 9/14/10

Whats the blind guy in the pic looking at?
Old 09-14-10, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Just a heads up--this two-part finale airs back-to-back tonight. Since part 1 airs earlier than the usual time-slot, I had to set my DVR to record it, even though I have a season pass on the series.

I've enjoyed this show from the start--I hope they keep things interesting tonight.
Old 09-16-10, 04:15 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I watched hour 1 today. Compared to last week's train wreck, this was actually a pretty good episode. The mission was fun and there was a good sense of danger. Loved seeing Anna Chulumsky from My Girl as Annie's nerdy contact in London. She looked ridiculously cute, especially in the glasses.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By djariya at 2010-09-16

I also enjoyed seeing Henry Wilcox and Arthur butt heads. I like Gregory Itzin in this show and hope he returns as a guest star again next season.
Old 09-16-10, 03:04 PM

That's who that was! I've only also watched Part 1 and while I've liked the show overall, it's the little things that pull me out of it. Like when Annie bet the $1,000 on snake eyes and rolled the dice. There was another die on the table right where hers were rolled to. Last time I checked, you don't use a third die in craps...haha.
Old 09-16-10, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I dug both the eps and feel ashamed I didn't see the end scene reveal coming.

Does this get a winter/spring miniseason, or is it done until summer '11?
Old 09-16-10, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Jimmy James View Post

Does this get a winter/spring miniseason, or is it done until summer '11?
I think it's Summer 2011. USA already has programming to fill the gap.
Old 09-17-10, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You're betting the deuce to try to lose? Twice no less!? No, that's not obvious at all.

At least make it look somewhat realistic and bet the yo.

And I also noticed the third die and the goofy way the dice were being rolled.
Old 09-17-10, 09:29 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Saw part 1; found it ridiculous of the claim that guys would not look at Anna Chulumsky.
The fake sister dovey eyed interaction continues to grind on me.
Old 09-17-10, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Jimmy James View Post
What was the "end reveal"? I don't remember anything surprising at the end for some reason. Just that Ben got shot.
Old 09-17-10, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, it was pretty predictable. I figured he was going to fall off the bldg and presumed dead though.
Old 09-17-10, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Jadzia View Post
What was the "end reveal"? I don't remember anything surprising at the end for some reason. Just that Ben got shot.
That Pres Logan is the CIA leak they've been searching for.