TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Mad Men -- "The Summer Man" -- 09/12/10

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-10, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Re: Mad Men -- "The Summer Man" -- 09/12/10

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks
It's funny you should mention Mad Men w/o Draper because it seems that this season is a lot more Don-centric than the last two. The other characters don't seem to get much screen time unless they are interacting with Draper. I guess they are trying to get Hamm an emmy.
It does seem that way. Although it really doesn't matter given they award acting Emmys based on a single episode submission.
Old 09-17-10, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Not like he doesn't deserve one. Not like any of them don't deserve one. I consider myself so lucky to have gotten on board the "Mad Men" bus from the beginning. I never hardly watch AMC, and I don't quite know how I caught this show from the start, but I did, and I'm glad.

I don't think I'd even mind if, in one episode, they all break out in a Bollywood (ala "Slumdog Millionaire" - at the end of the movie), or "Grease" musical number, and dance and sing around the office. I really think I'd admire a move like that - just out of the goddamn blue.
Old 09-17-10, 09:35 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Location: Northern New Jersey...or as we say it "Sopranos Country USA"
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With Bryan Cranston out of the running for the Emmy next year (since the new season of Breaking Bad will not be airing before awards season), the episode should be more then enough to get Hamm the Emmy. His performance this season has been incredible (and the show as a whole has been fantastic considering the game changer last season, I am truly impressed).
Old 09-17-10, 10:24 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Buttmunker
Not like he doesn't deserve one. Not like any of them don't deserve one. I consider myself so lucky to have gotten on board the "Mad Men" bus from the beginning. I never hardly watch AMC, and I don't quite know how I caught this show from the start, but I did, and I'm glad.

I don't think I'd even mind if, in one episode, they all break out in a Bollywood (ala "Slumdog Millionaire" - at the end of the movie), or "Grease" musical number, and dance and sing around the office. I really think I'd admire a move like that - just out of the goddamn blue.
Your posts are so strange.
Old 09-17-10, 10:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Something akin to "The Milton Plaza" commercial years back. "The Milton Plaza is that lullaby of old New York!"
Old 09-17-10, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 274 Likes on 206 Posts

In that case, you'll love the fifth season of Oz.

Last edited by bluetoast; 09-17-10 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Wrong season!
Old 09-17-10, 11:10 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

...or the season finale of "Sanctuary"
Old 09-17-10, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Dear Mad Men producers,

Please don't listen to Buttmunker's idea.

Sincerely,

Hopefully everyone
Old 09-17-10, 03:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I consider myself so lucky to have gotten on board the "Mad Men" bus from the beginning. I never hardly watch AMC, and I don't quite know how I caught this show from the start, but I did, and I'm glad.
For me, it was reading Matt Roush's early review that described it as "If Douglas Sirk made a television show." That pretty much sold me right there!

I love the Sirk films and that whole look and era.
Old 09-17-10, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 274 Likes on 206 Posts

I remember my first introduction to it was that my brother heard good things, and so we all saw the season 2 premiere. I was like "What the hell is this?" and was not interested solely for the fact that I don't like jumping in without having seen every ep before that. So I exited like 20 minutes in, and thought Don's character was a closeted gay man based on his actions (yes, Don, not Sal)....now looking back I must have been out of it or something. Later that year I bought Season 1 cheap online during the Black Friday deals, and was hooked.