Leverage -- Summer Finale -- "The Morning After Job" -- 09/05/10

Old 09-05-10, 04:36 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Leverage -- Summer Finale -- "The Morning After Job" -- 09/05/10

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
The scheme team work to soundly trample a rogue financier, whose information could lead to their ultimate prize---supreme evildoer Damien Moreau. Parker moves to the forefront of the mission, but a turn of events soon jeopardizes the scam.

Elisabetta Canalis aka George Clooney's girlfriend guest stars as "The Italian"

Summer Finale...Episode 13 of 16

3 more episodes are left which will air in Winter or Early 2011

Last edited by DJariya; 09-05-10 at 01:22 PM.
Old 09-05-10, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk God

Re: Leverage -- Summer Finale -- "The Morning After Job" -- 09/05/10

Looking forward to tonight's episode. They haven't really touched the main arc this season about Moreau and the Italian (maybe 3-4 of the 13 episodes) But, the show is more of a caper procedural, so that's understandable.

BTW, I just found that new season 3 promo pic, and damn Beth Riesgraf looks good.
Old 09-06-10, 05:25 AM
DVD Talk God

I enjoyed the Summer Finale. I think it was a good segway leading into the final episodes with Nate and the team's eventual confrontation with Moreau.

The Con was pretty funny. I got a kick out of the guy freaking out when he saw Parker "dead". What I don't get is what did Parker put on her wrist to make her have no pulse? The guy could have easily touched her neck and found a pulse there. I guess with this show, you gotta suspend a little believability for a moment. Loved Elliot and Hardison as Police officers and constantly bickering with each other.

I'm assuming the Italian and her co-conspirators were just using Nate to have them do all the dirty work to get to Moreau and have their hands clean. Especially now that Nate has severed ties with her.

Canalis is hot, but I don't like her voice when she speaks english. Nice to see we only have to wait until December for the last 3 episodes of the season.
Old 09-06-10, 06:44 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: The Quad-city area of Melonville, Meckling, the Boro of Melon, and Party Town
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
BTW, I just found that new season 3 promo pic, and damn Beth Riesgraf looks good.
And I thought it was reflected in last night's episode. While watching last night, I mentioned to my wife that they were noticeably shifting the eye-candy focus from Gina to Beth.

(Haven't caught many episodes recently, so not sure if they've been doing for whole summer or not.)
Old 09-06-10, 07:02 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

Elisabetta Canalis sounds like a deaf person trying to mimic an Italian accent. she's awful.
Old 09-06-10, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
Elisabetta Canalis sounds like a deaf person trying to mimic an Italian accent. she's awful.
Not only that, but she sounds like she has a lisp when she speaks. Awful actress. She must be great in the sack for George Clooney to not get annoyed by her voice.
Old 09-06-10, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Jobronie
And I thought it was reflected in last night's episode. While watching last night, I mentioned to my wife that they were noticeably shifting the eye-candy focus from Gina to Beth.

(Haven't caught many episodes recently, so not sure if they've been doing for whole summer or not.)
Yeah they definitely have. There were quite a few episodes where they glammed up Parker and made her more of the eye candy focus. She's still very quirky and funny too.
Old 09-06-10, 01:42 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

Gina is looking beat. Time for her to move on, and bring Jeri Ryan back
Old 09-06-10, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Jobronie

Yeah, all season they've been coming up with excuses to put her in cute little dresses. I'm not complaining. I miss her in her usual climbing through air ducts role, though.

Did anyone else feel like it was incredibly risky for Hardison to show up in the courtroom in police garb when McSweeten was literally two or three feet right in front of his face? I guess they could pass it off as McSweeten never really taking notice of Hardison in their previous encounters.

I like that "Dammit, Hardison!" is becoming a catch phrase. I've always found the "Let's steal a _______ " annoying, but "Dammit, Hardison!" always makes me laugh.
Old 09-06-10, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
Gina is looking beat. Time for her to move on, and bring Jeri Ryan back
It's possible for season 4. I read the producers of the show are open to bringing Jeri Ryan back in some capacity, but she already has a job on Body of Proof for ABC.

I don't think you will be seeing Gina leaving anytime soon. I think the producers of this show are pretty much dead set on pairing Nate with Sophie as a romantic couple sometime in the future.
Old 09-07-10, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I have no problem with Gina staying. She's looking older, but then again, she is older. And Nate hooking up with a 25 year old would be creepy. With the history that her character has, it makes sense that she looks...how do you say...travelled.

Anyway, put her in a tight dress and all is forgiven.

D
Old 09-07-10, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 723 Likes on 528 Posts

lol.. at beating up the actress that just had a kid.
Old 09-07-10, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Life is no excuse in hollywood.

D
Old 09-07-10, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Parker's "Ghostbusters!" response to "Who's he going to call?" killed me. I had to pause the video player I was laughing so hard.

Originally Posted by the big train
I like that "Dammit, Hardison!" is becoming a catch phrase. I've always found the "Let's steal a _______ " annoying, but "Dammit, Hardison!" always makes me laugh.
Agreed on both counts. Every time Elliot says "Dammit Hardison!" I get a good laugh. The "Let's steal a [insert something here]" is a bit annoying after three seasons, but whatever.

Elliot and Hardison never fail to make me laugh though; this episode they were both firing on all cylinders.
Old 09-08-10, 04:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 650 Likes on 450 Posts

The Con was pretty funny. I got a kick out of the guy freaking out when he saw Parker "dead". What I don't get is what did Parker put on her wrist to make her have no pulse? The guy could have easily touched her neck and found a pulse there. I guess with this show, you gotta suspend a little believability for a moment.
I think he actually did check her neck first. I assumed she had put the same kind of cover on her neck as well. I've seen this sort of trick used before in films.
Old 09-11-10, 03:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,095 Likes on 792 Posts

Old 11-08-10, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Didn't think it warranted a new thread, so figured I'd bump the summer finale thread instead.

Saw a Leverage promo tonight on TNT. Here's the schedule for the final three episodes of the third season:

Dec. 12th: The Ho, Ho, Ho Job
Dec. 19th: The Big Bang Job
Dec. 19th: The San Lorenzo Job
Old 11-08-10, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't get what they are thinking. Why did they hold three eps back, especially if they are going to burn two off on one night?
Old 11-08-10, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by wmansir
I don't get what they are thinking. Why did they hold three eps back, especially if they are going to burn two off on one night?
Because these 3 episodes weren't shot yet when the summer finale aired. IIRC, they aired 4 episodes over 2 weeks when the show premiered, so a 2 episode season finale is no big deal IMO. There was a mention at the end of the summer finale that the show was still in production and would return in the Winter. Leverage shoots their season from around April to the end of September/early October. TNT holds back a few episodes of their hit shows to the winter to avoid competition with the networks.