Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Persons Unknown -- "And Then There Was One/Shadows in the Cave" -- 08/28/10 (Finale)

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Persons Unknown -- "And Then There Was One/Shadows in the Cave" -- 08/28/10 (Finale)

Old 08-27-10, 03:58 PM

Received 796 Likes on 519 Posts

"And Then There Was One" - Saturday, August 28 - 8/7c

Note: Directed by Jonathan Frakes

Synopsis:
Spoiler:
The group discovers all the supplies have disappeared; Kat and Renbe get crucial information from a medical examiner.
Episode 12 of 13

and...

"Shadows in the Cave" - Saturday, August 28 - 9/8c

Synopsis:
Spoiler:
After surviving a van crash, the abductees escape and decide to go their separate ways; Renbe and Kat race to help Janet but end up reunited with the rest of the group.
Episode 13 of 13

Liam adds his name to the "I'm in Love w/ Janet" list (like Joe and Erica... er, Teresa), Graham and Moira think they are Wesley Snipes and Annabella Sciorra, Bill and Charlie are buddies again, Tori's still dead (we think), "The Night Manager" looks like a Nick Fury/Jigsaw hybrid, and Renbe & Kat are on the run; But remember:

"By the end of the summer, all will be revealed." *

* ... and if you dare to sit through it again, you can buy the DVD on September 7th.
Old 08-27-10, 04:00 PM

Re: Persons Unknown -- "And Then There Was One/Shadows in the Cave" -- 08/28/10 (Fina

Here's a preview of the finale...

Spoiler:
It's actually pretty good...

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" id="vxFlashPlayer6249" width="380" height="252" ><param name="movie" value="http://publish.vx.roo.com/nypost/viral/2010/flashembed/" /><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" /><param name="allowFullscreen" value="true" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="scale" value="noScale" /><param name="wmode" value="windowed" /><param name="flashvars" value="vxTemplate=http://publish.vx.roo.com/nypost/viral/2010/NYPost_Mini_Scalable.swf&vxSiteId=22df8461-253b-4fbb-8b24-cd2dc2f6fb8a&vxChannel=PostPopWrap&vxClipId=1458_1032877&vxClickToPlay=clip&vxTint=&vxServerBase=&vx Bitrate=300&vxCore=http://publish.vx.roo.com/nypost/viral/2010/vxCore.swf&" /><embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://publish.vx.roo.com/nypost/viral/2010/flashembed/" width="380" height="252" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullscreen="true" quality="high" scale="noScale" wmode="windowed" flashvars="vxTemplate=http://publish.vx.roo.com/nypost/viral/2010/NYPost_Mini_Scalable.swf&vxSiteId=22df8461-253b-4fbb-8b24-cd2dc2f6fb8a&vxChannel=PostPopWrap&vxClipId=1458_1032877&vxClickToPlay=clip&vxTint=&vxServerBase=&vx Bitrate=300&vxCore=http://publish.vx.roo.com/nypost/viral/2010/vxCore.swf&" ></embed></object>
Old 08-27-10, 04:03 PM

Re: Persons Unknown -- "And Then There Was One/Shadows in the Cave" -- 08/28/10 (Fina

Something funny about the Persons Unknown - The Complete First Season DVD... (yeah, you read that right!)

NBC has been promoting Persons Unknown as a mini-series and that the show’s mysteries will be answered by the end. The show has not performed well in the ratings so hopefully the network will let all 13 episodes air.

If they do pull the series early, the show is scheduled to be put out on DVD. According to Amazon, it’s scheduled for an August 31st release but that’s likely to change because NBC won’t have aired all of the episodes until early September.

Some readers have noticed that the DVD set is titled Persons Unknown: The Complete First Season. Why? Because, though NBC has promoted it as a mini-series, Persons Unknown could continue for a second season.

Executive Producer Remi Aubuchon recently told Collider that, when they were shooting it, they did so believing it would be an on-going series. Though they wanted it to go on, he made sure that they answered all of the questions by the end of the first season, to make it a satisfying story for viewers.

Could there be another season?

[Read more if you want... ]
Spoiler:
Aubuchon said, “It’s not unheard of, in the course of life, that if there’s enough interest in it, we could consider going a second season or doing another chapter. I keep looking at it as books in a series, and this season is the first book. I feel confident that we will have a beginning, middle and end, in this season, and it was wise of NBC to then call it what it really is, which is a mini-series.”

He continued, “24 is a really good example, in that there was a definitive beginning, middle and end for the first season. They had a slightly different format than we have, but the second season just retained Jack Bauer and a few other players, with the same basic format and idea, but it was a completely different show. I’m not saying that that’s exactly where we’re going, but certainly I think that there’s room for saying, ‘Hey, look, we told one story of a continuing saga.’ You should be able to pick this book up and get to the last line of the season and go, ‘Wow! Well, I hope there’s a second season, but at least I feel satisfied that I got to see all of this. They answered it all for me.”

Unfortunately, it looks unlikely that NBC would be interested in another season but that doesn’t mean it couldn’t return on another channel or in another form.

What do you think? Would you like to see Persons Unknown continue in some way?
Old 08-28-10, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
"By the end of the summer, all will be revealed."
They should change the tag line to:

"Shhhhhhhhh... it will all be over soon."

Old 08-28-10, 10:09 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

thank christ its almost over.

hey, did anyone see that Stephen King mentioned this show as a guilty pleasure in the latest issue of EW? Just goes to prove how out of touch Stephen King is these days.
Old 08-28-10, 10:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For viewers in the NY area, Comcast channel NBC New York NonStop will carry this while NBC carries the game.
Old 08-28-10, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

In Detroit, "by the end of the summer, most will be concealed."

Our local affiliate (WDIV) decided that an infomercial and a Wheel of Fortune episode were more important than episode 12. That makes extra sense after NBC withheld episode 11. For those who haven't seen episode 11, and miss 12, episode 13 should be quite a continuity jump.

I'll record 13 and delay watching until I find 12 online. I had planned to watch both live just to wrap it up. Thanks WDIV.

This is made doubly annoying by the fact that a week ago, both episodes were scheduled. They made this change in the last few days, knowing it is a serial, and this was a two-episode finale. Pricks!
Old 08-28-10, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,625 Likes on 2,602 Posts

Both episodes should be on Hulu.com tomorrow, so it's not going to be a major hurdle to watch them.
Old 08-28-10, 07:05 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

ZOMG IT'S ON IT'S ON!!!!!!! NOBODY CALL ME FOR THE NEXT 2 HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh wait

Old 08-28-10, 09:11 PM
AJW
DVD Talk Special Edition

Spoiler:
Geez I was hoping Megan would be the new Hotel Manager. As clever as the writers may have thought they were being, I found it way too predictable. Add in a "24" ripoff cliffhanger to boot. Oh goodie.

At least I had a good laugh seeing the Voyager EMH Doctor wearing that wig.

It's over. Hooray! No way is this Show getting picked up.

Old 08-28-10, 10:17 PM

Poor Liam.

Cue Lil' John T-Pain... "I'm on a boat."

Last edited by Goldberg74; 08-29-10 at 06:48 AM. Reason: My bad.
Old 08-29-10, 12:10 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Wtf?
Old 08-29-10, 02:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Really? That's how it ends? Really?

WHAT...THE...FUCK?

No answers, no resolution, NOTHING revealed!

A cliffhanger? A fucking cliffhanger? Honestly if the show weren't complete crap I'd be less pissed, but there are almost no chance at a second season, so film a fucking ending!

Sorry, but that is just crap.

Oh and that's not Lil John, T-Pain is on a boat, and I was singing that as the show faded to black.
Old 08-29-10, 03:16 AM
AJW
DVD Talk Special Edition

They revealed to all that we're not getting any answers. Based on earlier interviews of their hope for another season, I fully expected this crappy cliffhanger and little to no actual answers.

Spoiler:
Loved how excited Megan was to see her Mommy lol

Goodbye and good riddance PU. You fully lived up to your initials.
Old 08-29-10, 06:32 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Thank god this shit is over! Damn, the special effects they used in those 2 episodes made any made-for-syfy-channel movie look like avatar!

I was going to post about the "death scenes" and "attacks" from the first episode because of how bad and fake they looked...well, atleast we quickly learned why. lol

The only question I had was about Blackham, could he have been a part of the program by slipping and knowing about Charlie's wife? Oh well, who cares. This shit is finally over!
Old 08-29-10, 02:48 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Drav3n

The only question I had was about Blackham, could he have been a part of the program by slipping and knowing about Charlie's wife? Oh well, who cares. This shit is finally over!
I think maybe they had their memories wiped and Blackham retained little bits of it? I have no fucking clue.

I couldn't tell when they got out of their rooms if they all remembered each other (and 'oh shit. We're still here' moment) or they had their memories wiped.

Fuck, I don't know. Why was Torri a manager? Huh? And whats the deal with Meagan? Why did Janet have to play round two? Why didn't Meagan care about seeing her mom again? Fuck. What a waste.
Old 08-29-10, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I think we were told that in an earlier episode. Before I watched the recorded episode i "knew" her name was Charlotte. But even if I still had all the episodes, I certainly don't care enough to find where we were told.
Old 08-29-10, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
I think maybe they had their memories wiped and Blackham retained little bits of it? I have no fucking clue.

I couldn't tell when they got out of their rooms if they all remembered each other (and 'oh shit. We're still here' moment) or they had their memories wiped.

Fuck, I don't know. Why was Torri a manager? Huh? And whats the deal with Meagan? Why did Janet have to play round two? Why didn't Meagan care about seeing her mom again? Fuck. What a waste.
From the subtle looks at the cameras, they knew each other and were pretending not to, and cautioning each other not to reveal.

However, the same organization has them, and knew they knew each other before, so what is the advantage of pretending not to? Not clear.

My view, Tori got "promoted" to be the manager at a level one facility; Joe is back to remedial level 1.

I definitely am not buying the DVD to see what I missed the first time through, and if anyone picks up this show, I'm not watching. It's over, whoot!
Old 08-29-10, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I keep thinking about the "At the end of summer, all will be revealed," yet nothing was really revealed!

Fuck, this show was such a waste of time! I won't be acknowledging the dvd for this, and hopefully this crap doesnt get picked-up for a second season.
Old 08-29-10, 06:04 PM

Blackham saw the video of Charlie smothering his wife. Didn't he say her name during that?

Like OldDude said, I'm not going back to look.
Old 08-30-10, 04:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

After finding out how they didn't reveal anything on their hope they get a season 2 I just deleted everything from my DVR and didn't bother to finish.

The fact that NBC has to pull an episode for strictly online viewing was just the icing on the cake. What you can two hours in one night but you can't do three?
Old 08-30-10, 10:00 AM

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts

Glad I gave up on this show a while back...prevented some additional frustration
Old 08-30-10, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I liked the way it ended.
Old 08-30-10, 11:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I was going to post about the "death scenes" and "attacks" from the first episode because of how bad and fake they looked...well, atleast we quickly learned why. lol
Yeah, I was laughing at that shit too. Especially the military guy "dying" after falling one story and landing on his feet.

So what do we win for watching the entire series?
Old 08-30-10, 12:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dino88

So what do we win for watching the entire series?
You make it to Level 2.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.