DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Persons Unknown -- "And Then There Was One/Shadows in the Cave" -- 08/28/10 (Finale) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/578499-persons-unknown-then-there-one-shadows-cave-08-28-10-finale.html)

Ayre 08-30-10 12:44 PM

Re: Persons Unknown -- "And Then There Was One/Shadows in the Cave" -- 08/28/10 (Fina

Originally Posted by LiquidSky (Post 10346085)
I liked that it ended. :)

Fixed.

LiquidSky 08-30-10 01:17 PM

Re: Persons Unknown -- "And Then There Was One/Shadows in the Cave" -- 08/28/10 (Fina

Originally Posted by Ayre (Post 10346367)
Fixed.

:lol:

OldDude 08-30-10 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by dino88 (Post 10346152)

So what do we win for watching the entire series?

First price is Season Two. Second prize is seasons two and three, director's cut.

dino88 08-30-10 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by chase3001 (Post 10346291)
You make it to Level 2.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/avaSdC0QOUM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/avaSdC0QOUM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

movielib 08-30-10 03:35 PM

Crap ending.

Of this kind of show, intended to be a limited one hour series (as opposed to a miniseries), the only one I can think of that was good was Day Break. ABC didn't even finish showing it.

At least there was the internet and the DVD.

Harper's Island last year was pretty crappy too. I was thinking Persons Unknown was at least better than that one until the nonend.

DJariya 08-30-10 03:51 PM

I watched both Day Break and Harper's Island and both of them IMO had very clean resolutions to their runs.

Flave 08-30-10 04:43 PM

Is this the new tend in television? Lure you into their shows with big mysterious arcs and then reveal nothing at the end? Between this stinker and the show that set the standard on revealing nothing -- Lost -- I'm ready to give up on direct viewing and only watch a show on DVD after it's run its course and I know it has a proper ending.

What a fucking waste of time.

movielib 08-30-10 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 10346781)
I watched both Day Break and Harper's Island and both of them IMO had very clean resolutions to their runs.

Yes. The difference was that Day Break was good. ;)

andy434343 08-30-10 05:09 PM

This show was bad, most of the time I watch bad television to entertain my girlfriend who is not ready to give up on a show that I know is a waste of time. I am betting 50/50 that "The Event" will be a waste of time as well, actually I will say 75/25 that it will fall flat as well.....

TGM 08-30-10 05:31 PM

I have yet to watch the remaining episodes... guess I will, as I am a glutton for punishment. As for the Event, no way I'm in for some big bloated serialized show again... if that thing is any good, I'll catch it on DVD...

chuckd21 09-02-10 12:41 PM

I want my 13 hours back.

Eve1972 09-03-10 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by chuckd21 (Post 10352084)
I want my 13 hours back.

Amen!!

Gizmo 09-03-10 08:50 AM

Harpers was great until the last two or three episodes when it sort of fell apart.

ben12 09-03-10 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by movielib (Post 10346747)
Harper's Island last year was pretty crappy too. I was thinking Persons Unknown was at least better than that one until the nonend.

No, Harper's Island was MUCH better because at least you got to see all the stupid characters horribly murdered.

(I did like Harper's Island quite a bit actually...)

TGM 09-03-10 09:34 AM

sad when we are reminiscing about the grand old days of 'Harper's Island' LOL.

Noonan 09-03-10 10:15 AM

I'm glad I haven't had time to catch up on this show. I have the last 3 episodes still on my DVR. Sounds like I should delete them and forget the show ever aired.

That'sAllFolks 09-03-10 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Flave (Post 10346865)
Is this the new tend in television? Lure you into their shows with big mysterious arcs and then reveal nothing at the end? Between this stinker and the show that set the standard on revealing nothing -- Lost -- I'm ready to give up on direct viewing and only watch a show on DVD after it's run its course and I know it has a proper ending.

What a fucking waste of time.

I thought this very same thing.

Get Josh Whedon or Vince Gilligan to teach a class on how to do a serialized show right.

Day Break was the rare exception. I thought it was very well done for a mini-series. I didn't see Harper's --- Did they only play the remaining episodes online b/c I thought they disappeared from the TV schedule.

DJariya 09-03-10 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by That'sAllFolks (Post 10354256)
I thought this very same thing.

Get Josh Whedon or Vince Gilligan to teach a class on how to do a serialized show right.

Day Break was the rare exception. I thought it was very well done for a mini-series. I didn't see Harper's --- Did they only play the remaining episodes online b/c I thought they disappeared from the TV schedule.

Harper's Island finished up on Saturday's.

djones6746 09-04-10 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by movielib (Post 10346747)
Crap ending.

Of this kind of show, intended to be a limited one hour series (as opposed to a miniseries), the only one I can think of that was good was Day Break. ABC didn't even finish showing it.

At least there was the internet and the DVD.

I agree.....I have been watching this all summer with the feeling I want this to be over in the end. Now....there are going to be two separate places and we start all over again? Not sure I am going to waste anymore time on this show...maybe watch the first episode or two to try and get a feel for where they may be taking it. :)

djones6746 09-04-10 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by andy434343 (Post 10346924)
This show was bad, most of the time I watch bad television to entertain my girlfriend who is not ready to give up on a show that I know is a waste of time. I am betting 50/50 that "The Event" will be a waste of time as well, actually I will say 75/25 that it will fall flat as well.....

My brother missed an episode from the previous week prior to the season ending finale. He asked me what he missed and I honestly could not tell him. I told him (in my opinion) he did not miss much because I could not remember much about the show. It is one of those shows you watch and continue to watch because you already wasted hours and hours from the previous weeks. If this show would have been on during the regular season, it would not have lasted. IMO..... :)

dino88 09-04-10 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by djones6746 (Post 10354999)
I agree.....I have been watching this all summer with the feeling I want this to be over in the end. Now....there are going to be two separate places and we start all over again? Not sure I am going to waste anymore time on this show...maybe watch the first episode or two to try and get a feel for where they may be taking it. :)

I don't think that will be a problem. There was never a chance in hell this show was getting a second season.

TGM 09-04-10 12:10 PM

caught the second to last episode and I really kind of liked it...

now to the finale!

Nausicaa 09-04-10 12:13 PM

The 'fake' deaths scenes were so bad. They honestly believed a former Marine wouldn't survive a 10 foot fall? I seriously laughed when it happened.

djones6746 09-04-10 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by dino88 (Post 10355010)
I don't think that will be a problem. There was never a chance in hell this show was getting a second season.

As I said in one of my posts, this show would not have performed very well during the regular season so you are probably right. If it does come back we will most likely not see it again until next summer when there is nothing else to watch. :)

Goldberg74 09-04-10 07:41 PM

Gee whiz Wally, with my favorite television program not on tonight, what am I gonna do?