Search this Thread

Old 08-19-10, 09:52 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Burn Notice -- "Blind Spot" -- 08/19/10

Burn Notice

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Michael helps a victim of a womanizer's scam, which depleted her life savings.

Episode 11 of 18

Special guest star is Robert Patrick

Next week is the midseason finale

Some good news. USA just announced that the show will return from break in November. The projected air date is November 11th.

Promo:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0wInffMrIrE?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0wInffMrIrE?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 08-19-10, 10:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Re: Burn Notice -- "Blind Spot" -- 08/19/10

So that's it. Jessie knows that he was burned by Michael. Nothing will come of it though, neither character will get killed off. Jessie will forgive him or get his life back.
Old 08-19-10, 10:56 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts

One thing I think they've done poorly is they've made Jesse seem incompetent when it comes to coming up with a plan or doing things solo so you don't get the sense that he's much of a threat to Michael.
Old 08-20-10, 01:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 723 Likes on 528 Posts

Originally Posted by MrX
One thing I think they've done poorly is they've made Jesse seem incompetent when it comes to coming up with a plan or doing things solo so you don't get the sense that he's much of a threat to Michael.
I wouldn't say that. I think it's that Michael tries to think about every intangible and tries to control it. Jesse presents a problem because everything he wants to do is unorthodox and impulsive.

I don't get why they never came out and told Jesse the truth from the beginning to avoid all of this. The burn was unintentional to begin with.
Old 08-20-10, 01:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by devilshalo
I wouldn't say that. I think it's that Michael tries to think about every intangible and tries to control it. Jesse presents a problem because everything he wants to do is unorthodox and impulsive.
Yeah, my take on Jesse is that he has some of Fiona's impulsiveness, but not that he's incompetent. It's just that Michael always thinks he knows best and overrides anyone else's ideas.

I don't get why they never came out and told Jesse the truth from the beginning to avoid all of this. The burn was unintentional to begin with.
I never quite got that either. Michael tends to confront problems head-on. I'm not sure why he wouldn't tell Jesse from the start, or why he thinks that after lying to him all this time Jesse will take the news better.

At any rate, I'm guessing the summer finale will be really good.
Old 08-20-10, 02:35 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Didn't real early on Jesse say something to the effect "just know that I'm going to kill who ever burned me" (I could be completely remembering that wrong).

Hard to believe there's only one episode left. I had hoped there would be a few shows on the confrontation between Jesse and Michale once he found out (and that they would start that plotline earlier)... but now it either gets wrapped up real quick and dirty in one show (which seems unlikely) or they will leave it undone as part of a cliffhanger. Plus they have the corporation stuff and Bunny Colvin (can't remember the characters name) to deal with - seems like a lot of stuff, I wonder if they will abandon the case of the week for the finale.
Old 08-20-10, 02:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This was a pretty good episode. Not a bad con of the week plus a ton of babes. Although, I am curious what they did with the two goons the money man sent to kill the client.

Regarding Jesse, I'm just glad they cut things off before they went any further with the love triangle they were setting up with Fi. I get Mrx's point about them undercutting Jesse at times, but usually it's some type of strategic shortcoming. If his plan is to simply kill Micheal than he's shown that he is more than capable.
Old 08-20-10, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My guess would be that they tie up this book code story next week and set things up with Jesse for that to be the main focus of the winter arc.
Old 08-20-10, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

This con was pretty lame.
Old 08-20-10, 08:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Red Dog
I agree to a point.. had Sam said, "look, even Barry couldn't find this guy's account", then maybe I'd have a better time believing how well hidden Charles' offshore accounts were. But that it seems they didn't even use Barry at all makes the writers of this episode seem lazy.
Old 08-20-10, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Even Barry has to have a starting point as I understand it. The issue here is that the guy's accounts were not connected to him in any way.
Old 08-20-10, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimmy James
Even Barry has to have a starting point as I understand it. The issue here is that the guy's accounts were not connected to him in any way.
Once they figured out who his lawyer was, it should have been easy (based on previous cons).
Old 08-20-10, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Hero

But they could have gone to him once they found the Money Guy. The only explanation not to would be that forced time constraint the writers were pushing, because of how hard Sam was leaning on Charles.
Old 08-20-10, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I would agree that at the point they got the money guy's identity it would have been nice to get a throwaway line like, "Too bad this is the week Barry is gambling in Monaco."
Old 08-20-10, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 622 Likes on 480 Posts

Although I agree that the lack of Barry in the con was odd, the real bad moment for me was Fiona's crying fit in front of Jesse. I get that she hates using him but I couldn't buy her being such a pussy when he had a gun on her. Fi wouldn't have accepted death like that given that she knows Michael'd be next. She would have looked for an opening to disarm Jesse rather than just wait for him to shoot her.
Old 08-20-10, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I think her feelings for Jesse was what betrayed her. They've been playing up this "romance" all season. She doesn't want to hurt either Jesse or Michael. It's not just about using Jesse, but they really made him a true member of the team and everyone doesn't like having to deceive him.
Old 08-20-10, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 622 Likes on 480 Posts

I think her feelings for Jesse was what betrayed her. They've been playing up this "romance" all season. She doesn't want to hurt either Jesse or Michael. It's not just about using Jesse, but they really made him a true member of the team and everyone doesn't like having to deceive him.
And I get that. I'm not saying I'd expect Fi to intentionally try to kill Jesse but, feeling or not, she wouldn't just let him kill her. She's even been willing to fight Michael before Jesse came into the picture so I have a hard tim buying she'd feel so guilty that she'd let Jesse kill her. I'd sooner believe she'd fight Jesse, kill him in the midst of their struggle (because he backed her into a corner), and have a falling out with Michael over Jesse's death.
Old 08-20-10, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Red Dog
The premise of the con was pretty thin, but the execution was good. It was a nice showcase for Sam, Fi and random South Beach hotties.

One good moment from the ep was when the mark told Sam that his guys checked out the blue car and it was just a couple making out.
Old 08-20-10, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Fi may have been calculating that Jesse wouldn't shoot her if she went with an emotional response given the obvious feelings he displayed for her post-kiss.
Old 08-21-10, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Fi may have been calculating that Jesse wouldn't shoot her if she went with an emotional response given the obvious feelings he displayed for her post-kiss.
Because her character is so cool and calculating under pressure as opposed to impulsively turning toward violence and having a reactionary attitude?

Jesse wasn't probably going to kill her regardless, so it probably didn't matter what her reaction was, but it did seem a little off.
Old 08-21-10, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 202 Likes on 156 Posts

I also don't think Jesse was going to kill her, but I think that given the way she felt about using Jesse the way they did, she was not going to put up a fight. I think she felt she deserved what (she thought) was coming.
Old 08-21-10, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I don't think I'd suggest Fiona is one to impulsively turn toward violence. I think she is certainly prone to it, but it's not precisely impulsive. She's capable of playing things other ways, as we have seen.
Old 08-21-10, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think Fiona knew Jesse wouldn't shoot her. He's not that cold-blooded. If she had tried a move, he probably would have pulled the trigger purely from instinct.

Obviously Jesse doesn't just want to kill Michael, or he wouldn't have clued in Fiona that he knew the truth about the burn. Michael will now be warned. My guess is he'll try to get Michael rightfully blamed for the security breach in the hopes of getting his job back.
Old 08-22-10, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I don't think I'd suggest Fiona is one to impulsively turn toward violence. I think she is certainly prone to it, but it's not precisely impulsive. She's capable of playing things other ways, as we have seen.
She turned impulsively towards violence in this very episode and if it wasn't for Sam she would've screwed up the con. And this wasn't the first time she's done that.
Old 08-23-10, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thank goodness the Hyundai marketing was pretty much limited to "blue Hyundai" and not "ooooh, this is such a sweet ride, look how fast this car goes, wow..."

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.