Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

SYTYCD (Season 7) - "The Top 4 Dance" & "Results Show" (8/4/10-8/5/10)

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV
View Poll Results: Which dancer will be going home this week?
Lauren Froderman (Contemporary)
0%
Robert Roldan (Contemporary)
25.00%
Kent Boyd (Contemporary)
0%
Adéchiké Torbert (Contemporary)
75.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-04-10, 12:55 PM

Received 394 Likes on 242 Posts

Episode Descriptions:

"The Top 4" - 8/4/10 - 2hrs - 8/7c
The top 4 dancers perform seeking the title of "America's Favorite Dancer."

"Results Show" - 8/5/10 - 1hr - 9/8c
One of the top 4 dancers will be eliminated from the race for the title of "America's Favorite Dancer".
And with that... here are your Top 4 America!

So You Think You Can Dance - Season 7 Top 11 finalist - top row L-R: Lauren Froderman, Jose Ruiz, Adechike Torbert, Melinda Sullivan, Alex Wong, Kent Boyd and Alexie Agdeppa. Bottom row L-R: Billy Bell, Cristina Santana, Robert Roldan and Ashley Galvan

The All-Stars (season/styles) are:
  1. Twitch (Season 4; Popping/Locking/Krump)
  2. Kathryn (Season 6; Jazz/Contemporary/Broadway/Cultural)
  3. Pasha (Season 3; Ballroom/Latin)
  4. Allison (Season 2; Jazz/Contemporary/Broadway/Cultural)
  5. Ade (Season 5; Contemporary/Classical)
  6. Comfort (Season 4; Hip Hop/Krump)
  7. Lauren (Season 3; Hip Hop/Jazz/Contemporary/Broadway)
  8. Mark (Season 4; Jazz/Broadway/Cultural)
  9. Anya (Season 3; Ballroom/Latin)
  10. Dominic (Season 3; Hip Hop/Breakdancing)
  11. Courtney (Season 4; Contemporary/Jazz)
  12. Neil (Season 3; Jazz/Contemporary/Broadway/Cultural)

<fieldset style="width: 450px; margin: 10px auto;"><legend>SYTYCD Season 7 Threads</legend>
SYTYCD (Season 7) - 10 Dancers + 10 All-Stars (Begins 5/27/10)
SYTYCD (Season 7) - The Auditions Thread (5/27 & 6/2-3)
SYTYCD (Season 7) - "Vegas + Green Mile" & "Meet The Top 10" (6/9-10/10)
SYTYCD (Season 7) - "The Top 11 Dance" & "Results Show" (6/16-17/10) - Eliminated: Alexie Agdeppa
SYTYCD (Season 7) - "The Top 10 Dance" & "Results Show" (6/23-24/10) - Eliminated: Cristina Santana
SYTYCD (Season 7) - "The Top 9 Dance" & "Results Show" (6/30/10-7/1/10) - Eliminated: Melinda Sullivan
SYTYCD (Season 7) - "The Top 8 Dance" & "Results Show" (7/7/10-7/8/10) - Eliminated: Alex Wong (torn achilles tendon)
SYTYCD (Season 7) - "The Top 7 Dance" & "Results Show" (7/14/10-7/15/10) - Eliminated: Ashley Galvan (injury)
SYTYCD (Season 7) - "The Top 6 Dance" & "Results Show" (7/21/10-7/22/10) - Eliminated: No one... but there will be two next week!
SYTYCD (Season 7) - "The Top 6 Dance Again" & "Results Show" (7/28/10-7/29/10) - Eliminated: Billy Bell & Jose Ruiz
SYTYCD (Season 7) - "The Top 3 Dance" & "Winner Announced" (8/11/10-8/12/10)
</fieldset>

Last edited by Goldberg74; 08-11-10 at 01:13 PM.
Old 08-04-10, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Re: SYTYCD (Season 7) - "The Top 4 Dance" & "Results Show" (8/4/10-8/5/10)

I'm guessing Robert or Lauren will go home this week since America's voting. Up until last week, I'd have thought it would be Robert for sure, but maybe not since Lauren hit the bottom last week.
Old 08-04-10, 06:26 PM

I want Adéchiké gone. He's worn out his welcome for me.
Old 08-04-10, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is absolutely no reason why Lauren can't win this. It's hers to lose imo.
Old 08-04-10, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Lauren - had 2 strong performances tonight, the tango was really good, totally commanded my attention and kept me with them throughout the number. The jazz number was fun, though her outfit would have been better if she was in skin-tight pleather, and not that skin-tight black outfit.

Adechike - never seems to connect with the audience, lots of jumping around, but didn't quite include the audience in either number. He did run out of gas in the 2nd number, and Kathryn still commanded my attention throughout the dance as she really knows how to sell the dance.

Robert - continues to get pimped by the judges, felt his waltz was okay, not amazing. The hip-hop theatre was solid, but don't think he outdanced Domenic.

Kent - was physically not suited for all the disco tricks, so it wasn't anywhere near even above average compared to other disco numbers in the past. The contemporary didn't really move me like it did the judges, only because it was either too on-the-nose, or I thought Neil was outdancing Kent throughout the number.

The judges were hoping to send Adechike with their comments, but then Adechike pulled out the "appreciative tears" card to play. Rooting for Lauren, but Kent's fan base might be too hard to overcome next week.

Last edited by Patman; 08-04-10 at 11:34 PM.
Old 08-05-10, 10:33 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^ Agree with all of this.

Adechike was given his dream mentor/choreographer and still failed to excite. I admit he was the best 'backstory' of the remaining contestants, but that just makes me more disappointed that he hasn't taken all he's been through and channeled it into passion and emotion in his dancing.

I thought Dominic killed in his number with Robert. That's at least twice now that the judges have insisted his partner outdanced him (the other time was with Jose), and both times I think they were way off the mark.

I think the main reason the Kent/Neil routine worked was that it was perfect casting. Neil does 'dark side' very well and Kent is like the little puppy dog nobody wants to see get hurt.

Last edited by DRG; 08-05-10 at 10:36 AM.
Old 08-05-10, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Wonder if Kent thought his number with Neil was veering toward gay dance theater (not that there's anything wrong with that), or if really thought it was about 2 male BFFs suffering a falling out and learning to live without the other one.

Neil would easily fit in with an "A Clockwork Orange" dance number, he does menace well.
Old 08-05-10, 11:40 PM

Adéchiké!

The stage is set for an awesome finalé next week!
Old 08-06-10, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

As long as Kent or Lauren win, I'm happy. I've enjoyed watching them both.
Old 08-06-10, 03:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I totally agree. I still give a slight edge to Lauren, because she seems a bit more adept than Kent, but both are very good, strong dancers.

After Alex's injury made it impossible for him to continue, this is the finale I have been hoping for, and I am very happy that we get to see it.
Old 08-06-10, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by Goldberg74 View Post
Adéchiké!

The stage is set for an awesome finalé next week!
Wish I could agree with you. But alas, no. Lauren has grown, but still has a lot of that pom-pom girl vibe about her that doesn't mesh. Robert is good, but has been propped by the judges and has something of a grating personality. Kent is adorable and has the potential to be a great dancer. But again, Nigel wants Kent to win too much for me to appreciate it.

Oh, well. Can't enjoy every show on TV. *shrugs*
Old 08-06-10, 06:42 PM

Well, I went and saw Step Up 3D today (in 3D). The dancing was amazing... The acting and plot, not so much. But I didn't see the film for that.

I saw Twitch, Legacy, and Josh, and the "other Asian" from Glee. They did great.
Old 08-07-10, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I am so happy that Robert made it to the finale. He deserved, IMO, to be pimped by the judges, since he really is a fantastic dancer and had to really fight to overcome his disconnect with the audience to make it to the finale. He has landed in the bottom 3 so many times. I find his dancing fascinating. He reminds me of Mark (who is my favorite all time dancer on this show). It's not classic dancing, it has a very unique style. Robert had a way of keeping his face forward to the camera, but his twists and turns and jumps would just twist all behind him...I found that amazing. He is to much arms and legs for me sometimes, and therefore, is not my favorite to win, but I connected with so many of his pieces, that I do think he is my 3rd fave for the finale. I believed Robert in everyone of his numbers. He took me through a journey.

I think Kent is just technically brilliant, and has the cutest of personalities. That being said, I found some of his numbers just a little young and immature for me. I never believed his connection to women in some of the sexier numbers (and no not because gay/not gay issue) because of his age. He is my second fave to win because watching him dance just opens me up and makes me happy.

Lauren is my favorite to win. I think she is so strong and technically sound, and she took on 100% what was thrown her way. She started off as a cheerleader dancer and ended up has just a strong woman dancer. She was hard when she needed to be, fun/silly when she needed to be, but also soft and romantic when she needed to be. That final number with Pasha proved that to me.

Either way, I will be happy with any of these 3 dancers winning. I have no issues with their talents at all, and it comes down to personal style and personalities. It will be an amazing finale.
Old 08-07-10, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I've seriously thought that no one has a chance to beat Kent, but with the vote being only 2% off between the top two this last week, it could be anyone's game!