DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Summer Hiatus Sheep Game? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/577207-summer-hiatus-sheep-game.html)

Tracer Bullet 07-29-10 03:41 PM

Summer Hiatus Sheep Game?

It's the summer. It's slow around here. So I got to thinking... last year we had this fad called "Sheep games". They were very popular, and then they died. Probably because they're an insane amount of work and only a select few people had it in them to run a game more than once.

I was one of those people.

My question is simple. Would anyone like to see the triumphant return of TV Sheep?

Rypro 525 07-29-10 03:49 PM

Re: Summer Hiatus Sheep Game?

YES!

do a 24 or sopranos sheep

JuryDuty 07-29-10 04:13 PM

I'm up for it so long as it's something I have a little knowledge of, LOL!

Jimmy James 07-29-10 04:43 PM

It's a long, hot, crime-ridden summer.

I call for cop show sheep, but I'm down for just about anything. If I know enough about it, I'll participate. If I don't know enough about it, I'll read and laugh.

I'd personally like to return to a system that only involves sheep and reverse sheep questions. The last couple I participated in had such freaking confusing question types I'm not sure anybody ever got the scoring right.

SuperJim88 07-29-10 04:46 PM

Is this the same game where my wife and I play in the bed? When she grabs my diggleberries, I yell "Mehhhh........."

Palaver 07-30-10 09:14 AM

Sounds like fun. Bring it on. :up:

Tracer Bullet 07-30-10 10:54 AM

Cool. Looks like there's some interest.

I don't want to do a show-specific game, just to try and get more people playing. A genre-specific game could be fun, but there are only a few genres that I watch enough of that I'd be able to come up with questions.

A cop show game sounds intriguing, but I don't watch them that much. Other options: daytime TV, sitcoms, sci-fi.

Send me questions!

Cardsfan111 07-30-10 02:34 PM

Bring it! :up:

bootsy 07-30-10 04:03 PM

Man I miss these. Hell yes!

Palaver 07-30-10 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by Tracer Bullet (Post 10295241)
Send me questions!

Sent ya a couple.

Damfino 07-30-10 05:33 PM

Wow, 15-0 already, I'd say it's time to bring back the sheep games!

Kal Varnsen 07-30-10 07:20 PM

I would play depending on the category, I enjoyed these games last year.

starman9000 07-30-10 07:42 PM

Ah, Hell Yeah.

NORML54601 07-30-10 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Jimmy James (Post 10294134)
I'd personally like to return to a system that only involves sheep and reverse sheep questions. The last couple I participated in had such freaking confusing question types I'm not sure anybody ever got the scoring right.

:thumbsup:

Tracer Bullet 07-31-10 10:58 AM

I've gotten quite a few questions from various people, so thank you very much! I'm going to work on putting the game together and hopefully it will be up sometime next week.

Jimmy James 07-31-10 02:24 PM

Sweet!

jjcool 08-01-10 03:52 PM

These were great fun last year. Even though I never did particularly well, I was proud of my finishing in the middle of the pack. That and the fact that I was around for the Borg controversy.

Red Dog 08-01-10 04:24 PM

I'm in. Have to defend my distinction of the best sheep gamer that never won.

wishbone 08-01-10 05:00 PM

Should be fun. I'm in.

JasonF 08-02-10 12:38 PM

Do it! Do it!

orangecrush 08-02-10 12:51 PM

yes. yes. yes. yes. yes. yes. Please, yes.

Wazootyman 08-02-10 01:04 PM

Twas sad when this trend died out. I'm also all for standard sheep/reverse sheep. When it got so confusing and you tossed wolves and snails or WTF else were in some of the latter games, it just got way to confusing.

Fist of Doom 08-02-10 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by jjcool (Post 10298406)
These were great fun last year. Even though I never did particularly well, I was proud of my finishing in the middle of the pack. That and the fact that I was around for the Borg controversy.

Don't forget the Love Connection controversy or The Great Monopoly Debacle of Aught-Nine. Good times...

orangecrush 08-02-10 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Wazootyman (Post 10299950)
Twas sad when this trend died out. I'm also all for standard sheep/reverse sheep. When it got so confusing and you tossed wolves and snails or WTF else were in some of the latter games, it just got way to confusing.

Though I know you were not into the unconventional game twists the same way that The Bus was, don't listen to this man Tracer. Slam Dunks, Wolves and the like are great.

WallyOPD 08-02-10 03:15 PM

I enjoyed the slam dunks, but I could do without the wolves.