DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Chuck -- Season 4 News (Spoilers) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/576970-chuck-season-4-news-spoilers.html)

DJariya 07-24-10 01:19 PM

Chuck -- Season 4 News (Spoilers)

Rather than having someone bump up the Season Finale thread, which noone will read. Here's a thread for any news/video or trailers, you may want to post before the season starts.

http://livefeed.hollywoodreporter.co...ins-chuck.html

Chuck's Mom has been cast. See below.

"Terminator" vet Linda Hamilton is joining "Chuck" as our hero's mom, it was just announced at Comic-Con.

She'll play Mary Bartowski, the long-missing mother of Chuck (Zachary Levi) and Ellie (Sarah Lancaster) in a recurring guest role.

Executive producer Josh Schwartz says the casting was inspired by fan suggestions online.

"She's been such an icon as an action-female badass mom," Schwartz says. "The fans put it out there, and she heard about it, and was like, 'I heard I'm Chuck's mom.'"

Schwartz adds that Hamilton's role will drive the next season.

"It's going to be a huge part of the season, the search for mom, it's going to drive so much of season four," Schwartz said. "Chuck and Morgan are going to be a pretty bad but good spy team."

Hamilton will be briefly introduced in the season opener, which will also include Olivia Munn as a guest star. Isaiah Mustafa (aka "The Old Spice Guy") will also guest star this season.

Both Mustafa and Munn will essentially play the same character. Basically, the Buy More is now owned and operated by the CIA.

"They have the most incredible Buy More employes you'll ever see," Schwartz says.

One character is named Greta, a Buy More executive and spy, who will be played by a different actor every week. Male, female, still Greta.

Also, Chuck and Sarah will firmly be a couple this year.

Some bullet points re: Hamilton's role from Warner Bros:

-- “Chuck” fans have long wondered about the circumstances surrounding Chuck and Ellie’s mysterious mother, Mary Bartowski, who disappeared from her children’s lives when they were still young.

-- Hamilton will appear throughout the season, leading Chuck to discover that her life was shrouded in secrets. She was a spy, a CIA agent … and that’s just the beginning. Who is she today? One thing is certain: She’s not the soccer mom who left her children so many years ago.

The "Chuck" panel got underway with a video of Jeffster performing Lady Gaga, with the crowd going nuts, followed by the cast throwing T-shirts to the crowd.

"We had the idea of doing a spin-off series of Jeffster on the run," Schwartz said. "Needless to say these guys are a huge part of the show and we can promise you they will be back."

Blu Man 07-24-10 01:27 PM

Re: Chuck -- Season 4 News (Spoilers)

Fine by me.

LickTheABCs 07-24-10 01:55 PM

Not my first choice but the more I think about it could be pretty cool.

Oh, and Olivia Munn!

Ayre 07-24-10 02:01 PM

I like Munn ... until she talks. The rest is all great news. The Buy More issues get a much needed solution.

RoboDad 07-24-10 02:02 PM

That sounds awesome to me. Could be the best season yet.

MrSmearkase 07-24-10 03:26 PM

:up: Nice to see Linda Hamilton around again. I think I saw her in a preview for the upcoming season of Weeds, too

Nicole Richie will make a return, also;

According to a Chuck insider, Richie will resurface in October when a prison transfer goes awry and her character, Heather Chandler, ends up being stowed away at Castle (a.k.a. the underground CIA base). But here’s where things get really interesting: I’m told her arrival dovetails with some serious bumps in Chuck and Sarah’s deepening relationship. And you better believe that Ms. Heather will use that rift to her advantage.
Ausiello also reports that "Stone Cold" Steve Austin will also reappear in the same episode, airing at some point in October.

Michael Corvin 07-24-10 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 10284518)
Rather than having someone bump up the Season Finale thread, which noone will read.

-ohbfrank-

Noob.
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/573...th-season.html

fumanstan 07-24-10 06:00 PM

Hamilton :up:

The Buy More stuff seems like it'll have some fun site gags too.

bigjim25 07-24-10 07:03 PM

:up: This is going to be an awesome season. I'm looking forward to most of the ones listed, even Nicole.
I thought she was actually good the first time around. Also liked Stone Cold. :D

FantasticVSDoom 07-24-10 08:26 PM

Like Hamilton as Chuck and Ellie's mom... Not a big fan of Munn, she's boring and although attractive, when hasnt this show had hot chicks on it?

DJariya 07-24-10 08:57 PM

I know who Olivia Munn is and yes she is quite attractive, but what is the deal with her? I've read comments about people loving her and others of people thinking she's a bitch and not liking her. Isn't she one of the reasons who people watch(ed) Attack of the show in the 1st place? I don't know if she can act, but from an eye candy standpoint, a welcome addtion to Chuck.

TheBigDave 07-25-10 01:31 AM

I'm not crazy about Munn. Got tired of her shtick a while ago. At least she's only a guest star.

I guess I've gotten the impression that she's really not into the geek stuff. And she gives off the vibe that she's better than the AOTS viewers. She does a good job with comedy skits, light banter and introducing stupid YouTube clips. But listen to her talk about anything like Tech, Games or DVDs. She sounds stuck-up, ignorant and totally disinterested.

bigjim25 07-25-10 09:58 AM

:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:
http://www.peta.org/images/oliviaMunnCircusAd.jpg
:drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool::drool:

fumanstan 07-25-10 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by DJariya (Post 10285131)
I know who Olivia Munn is and yes she is quite attractive, but what is the deal with her? I've read comments about people loving her and others of people thinking she's a bitch and not liking her. Isn't she one of the reasons who people watch(ed) Attack of the show in the 1st place? I don't know if she can act, but from an eye candy standpoint, a welcome addtion to Chuck.

Sounds like typical nerd/internet backlash. She's hot and does nerdy stuff! +1! Over exposure, -1!

DJariya 07-25-10 08:47 PM

<object width="410" height="316" id="embed" align="middle" ><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"/><param name="movie" value="http://www.thewb.com/player/wbphasethree/wbvideoplayer.swf"/><param name="flashVars" value="mediaKey=69b2b954-506a-437e-9460-b1e4356a5a9b&config=wbembedplayer.xml"/><param name="quality" value="high"/><param name="bgcolor" value="#ffffff"/><embed src="http://www.thewb.com/player/wbphasethree/wbvideoplayer.swf" flashVars="mediaKey=69b2b954-506a-437e-9460-b1e4356a5a9b&config=wbembedplayer.xml" width="410" height="316" name="embed" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="always" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>

Michael Corvin 07-26-10 07:32 AM

“We’re always looking for guest stars who will be great in the part, but who also speak to our audience and feel like it comes out of the universe of our show,” says exec producer Josh Schwartz. “If Chuck and Morgan were watching Chuck, they would be excited about Linda coming on board.” Adds fellow EP Chris Fedak: “Chuck was certainly a Terminator fan, and Morgan was a Beauty and the Beast fan.”
rotfl

kevin75 07-26-10 07:58 AM

Anyone know where one could get that NERD shirt that Zachary Levi is wearing?

Lone Wolf 07-26-10 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by kevin75 (Post 10287220)
Anyone know where one could get that NERD shirt that Zachary Levi is wearing?

According to this article it was designed by Zachary Levi.

But it started off with a terrific video of Jeffster dancing to Lady Gaga's "Bad Romance," followed by the entire cast dancing out on stage and throwing "Nerd" T-shirts (designed by "Chuck" star Zachary Levi) to the audience

Xander 07-26-10 09:55 AM

I think Linda Hamilton is a great choice for Mrs. Bartowski. Not thrilled about Olivia Munn. Watching the 4 hours of SDCC coverage on G4, it just seems like she's really forcing/faking her enthusiasm about geek-type stuff. I can't figure her out.

And according to Zachary Levi's tweets, he did design those shirts and they'll be available to the public soon via his website (zacharylevi.com).

Meglos 07-26-10 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Xander (Post 10287385)
I think Linda Hamilton is a great choice for Mrs. Bartowski. Not thrilled about Olivia Munn. Watching the 4 hours of SDCC coverage on G4, it just seems like she's really forcing/faking her enthusiasm about geek-type stuff. I can't figure her out.

I am actually reading her "book" and I'm getting the same sort of vibe - she shoehorns a Star Wars reference every few paragraphs just to let the reader know that, hey, she's a geek just like them!

MrSmearkase 07-26-10 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Xander (Post 10287385)
Not thrilled about Olivia Munn. Watching the 4 hours of SDCC coverage on G4, it just seems like she's really forcing/faking her enthusiasm about geek-type stuff. I can't figure her out.

This.

TGM 07-26-10 10:27 AM

Olivia Munn's "comedy shtick" is a poor man's Will Ferrell, and it's annoying as hell.

Double_Oh_7 07-26-10 11:34 AM

So basically Chuck is becoming Alias??

Superman07 08-03-10 09:07 AM

Most sounds good!

I'll need to find that Jeffster video.

I saw Munn on some CC coverage and I was tired of her after 30 seconds. She kept butting into her co-presenters comments as well as the responses of the guests. She came across as somebody desperate for attention.

Ayre 08-03-10 10:57 AM

Stacy Keibler to Go Undercover on Chuck

TVFanatic.com

http://i.fanpix.net/images/orig/1/g/...le4xb6elx1.jpg