TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Beavis And Butt-Head to return to MTV

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-11, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Beavis And Butt-Head to return to MTV

Originally Posted by thematahara
Surprised they dont have them sitting in front of a computer making fun of youtube videos.

Still no firm date for the launch?
They will be watching YouTube videos.
Old 07-25-11, 10:08 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 331 Likes on 250 Posts

But that would make them computer literate, unless they got someone to set it up for them. They could have a 5-hour episode of them just trying to set up a computer.
Old 07-26-11, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

Look at comments on the internet, it's clear beavis and butthead types figured out the Internet years ago.
Old 07-26-11, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Maybe they found WebTV in a junk pile somewhere.
Old 08-01-11, 11:02 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A new article that discusses issues with licensing content...

http://www.billboard.com/#/news/beav...05299402.story

Beavis and Butt-Head Return to MTV -- with Licensed Videos

When Beavis and Butt-head return to the couch and watch television beginning Oct. 27 on MTV, there will be far fewer music videos for the boys to critique. They will be commenting on the network's current fare -- "Jersey Shore," "16 and Pregnant," Teen Mom" -- and pop culture phenomena such as vampire movies and shows, and getting in shots at musical acts on a less frequent basis.

Creator Mike Judge tells Billboard.com that's driven by the desire to go through proper channels on these new editions of the show coming 15 years since we last saw the boys in the film "Beavis and Butt-Head Do America."

"It's licensing," Judge says, noting that the premiere was pushed back six months primarily because of two issues -- final animated sequences and approval to use music videos. Deadmau5, MGMT, Yolanda Be Cool and T-Baby's off-key "It's So Cold in the D" have been licensed as have UFC fight scenes and some movie clips.

"We're working on Lady Gaga," Judge said at a Television Critics Association panel for MTV shows. B&B will take a shot at becoming Siskel and Ebert, vampires, and tech support workers, and will re-enact Morgan Spurlock's "Super Size Me" diet in the new edition of the series.

Licensing of the show's full content became an issue a decade ago when attempts were made to release the cartoons on DVD and producers had only secured broadcast rights. When Sony issued its first collection of episodes in 2005, the many of the videos were deleted and episodes had to be edited, frustrating fans of the series. The second and third volumes were more in line with the way the shows were broadcast.

"Beavis and Butt-Head" ran on MTV from 1993 to 1997 and was criticized and revered for its violent content and the idiotic behavior of the lead characters. In returning this year, the show will be set up as it was initially with mostly two-part shows and the occasional full half-hour. The boys will still be wearing their AC/DC and Metallica T-shirts. And nebbishy Stewart will still be donning a Winger T-shirt.

"I thought (Kip Winger) had a problem with the show, but it turns out he was okay with it," Judge tells Billboard.com. "We tried other bands (logos) but nothing worked as well (as the originals)."
Old 08-03-11, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

http://www.screenjunkies.com/tv/tv-n...man-centipede/

Human Centipede, lol
Old 08-11-11, 03:21 PM
Suspended

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm really looking forward to this I can't wait to see what they say about Ke$ha.
Old 08-11-11, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll tell you this: I'll be totally in the dark to their comments and jokes if they keep it contemporary (which I guess they will be), because I have not kept up with modern music since 2002.
Old 08-11-11, 03:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts

I don't think that will hurt you. They watched plenty of older videos that were probably unknown to many fans in the 90s, as well as videos by obscure acts.
Old 08-11-11, 10:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

I actually prefer the antics of B&B in the cartoon over their commentaries. There is some funny stuff in the previous videos and commentaries but their storylines are what I enjoy the most. Come to Butthead! I have been to the top of the mountain, and it is good.
Old 08-12-11, 04:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 237 Likes on 149 Posts

I suppose there's little chance they'll get to watch Rebecca Black's "Friday" video.

Glad to see they're watching youtube videos too. Would love to see them rip on this
Old 08-12-11, 05:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I'd like to see them rip on Courtney and Doug.
Old 08-13-11, 09:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

If you trace this back far enough you will find out where herpes began.
Old 08-14-11, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 416 Likes on 301 Posts

I hope B & B go after Justin Bieber.
Old 10-07-11, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 278 Likes on 179 Posts

Latest promo trailer

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rKKNBbBopoY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 10-07-11, 11:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will be lost if they are rippiing on MTV stuff. I have not watched anything on MTV since B&BH and Celebrity Death Match were last on it.
Old 10-08-11, 12:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Upper pylon 3
I will be lost if they are rippiing on MTV stuff. I have not watched anything on MTV since B&BH and Celebrity Death Match were last on it.
I don't think I had seen half the videos they were ripping back then anyway. In some ways it works better because you identify with the perspective of someone seeing it for the first time and commenting on it.
Old 10-08-11, 02:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Drexl
I don't think I had seen half the videos they were ripping back then anyway. In some ways it works better because you identify with the perspective of someone seeing it for the first time and commenting on it.
Exactly. I've never seen 80% of the of the shows The Soup makes fun of, but I laugh my ass off every week.
Old 10-24-11, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Bungholes . . . don't forget new episodes begin this Thursday at 10:00 PM EST.

Is MTV promoting their return pretty heavily? I'll admit, I typically don't watch much, but I noticed the lead-in is a Jersey Shore reunion episode. I'd guess based on its popularity, that show gets pretty decent ratings (assuming its not a re-run).
Old 10-24-11, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I saw an ad on ESPN tonight.
Old 10-25-11, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 416 Likes on 301 Posts

Should we just keep this thread going or does someone want to start a season discussion thread like we do for most MTV shows?
Old 10-25-11, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Tommy_Harn
Hey Bungholes . . . don't forget new episodes begin this Thursday at 10:00 PM EST.

Is MTV promoting their return pretty heavily? I'll admit, I typically don't watch much, but I noticed the lead-in is a Jersey Shore reunion episode. I'd guess based on its popularity, that show gets pretty decent ratings (assuming its not a re-run).
I don't watch much MTV, but they seem to be running ads for it during most of their other shows. Definitely ran an ad during Death Valley last night, along with one for Good Vibes, which is promoted as airing after Beavis and Butt-Head.

So it's not only being promoted, but being used to launch another show as well.
Old 10-25-11, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Mike Judge on Jimmy Kimmel last night

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZH0Zut5ofYg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PK8WERktHqc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Also Beavis & Butthead wiil be one of Jimmy Kimmel's guests tonight along with Hugh Laurie; Snooki Polizzi (Jersey Shore); and Chaz Bono (Dancing With the Stars)
Old 10-26-11, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The premiere episode is going to have B&B making fun of The Shaker (where the woman looks like she's masturbating a man) - isn't that joke a little old now? Besides, South Park already did it!
Old 10-26-11, 09:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Beavis And Butt-Head on Jimmy Kimmel

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/a87JyaiZghs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.