Search this Thread

Old 07-11-10, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,639 Likes on 2,612 Posts
Leverage -- "The Double Blind Job" -- 07/11/10

Leverage

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Nate and the team position themselves inside the all-powerful pharmaceutical industry to crush a crooked CEO who's trying to market a drug that could kill thousands of innocent people.

Episode 5 of 15

** Pad your DVR/Tivo an extra minute. As I learned 2 weeks ago, the show tends to run 1 minute over **
Old 07-12-10, 02:11 AM
DVD Talk God

Re: Leverage -- "The Double Blind Job" -- 07/11/10

Thought it was a fun job of the week. You could see the case was very personal to Nate because of his son's death which also involved a drug company. Elliot getting pissed off and beating the shit out of the 2 guys who spilled coffee on him was great.

I also enjoyed Parker being insanely jealous of the cute client who kind of had a thing for Hardison.

I liked her final line to Hardison. It was something like..."I have these feelings...for Pretzels"

I like Parker and Hardison alot as more of a Laurel and Hardy. I think they have good chemistry together on the missions, but I don't feel alot of sexual tension between them.
Old 07-12-10, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, Parker owned this episode with her facial expressions. She was really funny.

I liked Elliot's face too when he was dealing with the FDA lady.

Pretty fun episode and I enjoyed it, as always. Not the best show around by any means, but consistently fun with great characters.
Old 07-12-10, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, Parker was the best part of the show this week. The job was personal to Nate, but the con itself wasn't anything special. I was actually disappointed in how they just "ran into" the client. I know it mixes things up from the standard client seeking them out, but it just throws me out of the show. Also, I realize the show is what it is, but the broad bush of overt corruption with which they painted the pharmaceutical industry/FDA and the frank callousness of the CEO was a bit too much.
Old 07-14-10, 01:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

Yeah the con itself was kinda predictable. Elliot getting worn out by the FDA lady was hilarious though especially when he started to recall all the places he went in Boston.

I thought it was OK in relation to the last few eps. Not exactly a criticism since I enjoyed the last few. Are they going to return to that main plot involving that Italian agent?
Old 07-14-10, 01:47 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by sleepyhead55
Yeah the con itself was kinda predictable. Elliot getting worn out by the FDA lady was hilarious though especially when he started to recall all the places he went in Boston.

I thought it was OK in relation to the last few eps. Not exactly a criticism since I enjoyed the last few. Are they going to return to that main plot involving that Italian agent?
The Italian women seems to be a recurring player into this season. I'm not sure how many more times we will see her this season.