Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

True Blood -- "9 Crimes" -- 07/11/10

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

True Blood -- "9 Crimes" -- 07/11/10

Old 07-11-10, 01:54 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Godfather
Thread Starter
 
DJariya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: La Palma, CA
Posts: 58,017
Received 91 Likes on 73 Posts
True Blood -- "9 Crimes" -- 07/11/10

TB Cast

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Sookie goes to an engagement party for Alcide's ex (Brit Morgan); Tara takes a road trip with Franklin; Eric's search for Bill takes on a sense of urgency; Andy gets a promotion; Sam comes to an agreement with the Mickens; Bill does a favor for Russell and Lorena.


Episode 4 of 12
Old 07-11-10, 02:27 PM
  #2  
DVD Talk Hero
 
PopcornTreeCt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 25,916
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: True Blood -- "9 Crimes" -- 07/11/10

I hope for less Tara this week, well every week.
Old 07-11-10, 06:14 PM
  #3  
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,503
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: True Blood -- "9 Crimes" -- 07/11/10

What's wrong with Tara...?
Old 07-11-10, 07:50 PM
  #4  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 3,586
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: True Blood -- "9 Crimes" -- 07/11/10

Originally Posted by Dragon Tattoo View Post
What's wrong with Tara...?
According to several people here, well....everything.

For me, if she turned down the whining and turned back up the "fuck you ya gah-damn bitch" snarkiness she had in season 1, she'd be A-OK in my book.

I just loved the way she told people off. It wasn't clever wordplay or anything, it was just blunt and straight-forward and that was all it needed to be.
Old 07-11-10, 07:53 PM
  #5  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Posts: 22,083
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: True Blood -- "9 Crimes" -- 07/11/10

^ Exactly. I liked the Tara sassy, not whiny and sad.
Old 07-11-10, 08:16 PM
  #6  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,475
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: True Blood -- "9 Crimes" -- 07/11/10

Bill punching Lorena in the face and her going flying out the room had me
Old 07-11-10, 09:01 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,475
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: True Blood -- "9 Crimes" -- 07/11/10

Eric calling Lafayette "RuPaul"

Im probably the only person that noticed that the actor that played Chip was from the movie "Monster Man" (which I thought that a awesome fucking movie!)

Biker Sookie looked deliciously trashy!

Damn, Pam looked GOOD!

Overall, another good episode but my only complaint with this season is that there's no real storyline. Were already 1/3 of the way through the season, and we dont really have anything. Season one had the mystery of who was doing all the killings and season 2 had Maryann as the main storyline w/ the FotS as the secondary story. This season so far is just "happening as it goes." Sure we have the introductions of the were's and Russell, but hopefully something develops soon.
Old 07-11-10, 09:02 PM
  #8  
DVD Talk Hero
 
PopcornTreeCt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 25,916
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: True Blood -- "9 Crimes" -- 07/11/10

Pretty solid episode. Seems to be setting up Russell as the main villain for the season.
Old 07-11-10, 09:06 PM
  #9  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Posts: 22,083
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: True Blood -- "9 Crimes" -- 07/11/10

Really liked this ep. It seemed to have all the finer aspects of this show in play. Great dialogue, interesting characters (which seems to be growing in number), and the general fucked up shit I expect from this kind of setting.

I don't care how they seem to be turning Tara into a damsel in distress, but other than that, I think this season is moving rather well. I also think the Post Mortem was an important part, even if it was an addendum. I really feel they kicked things into gear this week, hope it keeps its pace.

On a side note that's somewhat unrelated, having seen her dress similarly in Justified, Kristen Bauer (Pam) looks really good in tight pants.
Old 07-11-10, 09:10 PM
  #10  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,475
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: True Blood -- "9 Crimes" -- 07/11/10

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD View Post
On a side note that's somewhat unrelated, having seen her dress similarly in Justified, Kristen Bauer (Pam) looks really good in tight pants.
When was she in Justified?!
Old 07-11-10, 09:19 PM
  #11  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Posts: 22,083
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: True Blood -- "9 Crimes" -- 07/11/10

Originally Posted by Drav3n View Post
When was she in Justified?!
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0061877/

About halfway through this past season. I'm pretty sure she was the woman in the ep. with the horsefarm, where she wore some tight jodphurs.

EDIT: Oops. Wrong, she was apparently in the second ep. of the season. Guess it was a different actress as well, but both looked good in tight pants, regardless!

Last edited by Dr. DVD; 07-11-10 at 09:21 PM.
Old 07-11-10, 09:31 PM
  #12  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,475
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: True Blood -- "9 Crimes" -- 07/11/10

Shit, I just checked out the episode online! I cant believe I didnt recognize her! But yea, she looks absolutely amazing in tight pants!
Old 07-11-10, 10:07 PM
  #13  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Posts: 22,083
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: True Blood -- "9 Crimes" -- 07/11/10

Originally Posted by Drav3n View Post
Shit, I just checked out the episode online! I cant believe I didnt recognize her! But yea, she looks absolutely amazing in tight pants!
I doubt anyone has a screen cap as it was a quick shot, but there was one tonight where she was tied in the contraption with her butt to camera. Blink and you'll miss it!


Maybe IMDB had the Justified listing wrong(if she's in the one I'm thinking). It was the one about an are collection, and would make sense as she is a horseback rider in real life.
Old 07-11-10, 10:11 PM
  #14  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
sven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Central Illinois
Posts: 4,009
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: True Blood -- "9 Crimes" -- 07/11/10

Yeah she was in Justified. It took me about half a second to recognize her. And it wasn't the one with horses and art. It was the one where the guy his money from a robbery before getting sent to prison.
Old 07-11-10, 10:16 PM
  #15  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,475
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: True Blood -- "9 Crimes" -- 07/11/10

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD View Post
I doubt anyone has a screen cap as it was a quick shot, but there was one tonight where she was tied in the contraption with her butt to camera. Blink and you'll miss it!


Maybe IMDB had the Justified listing wrong(if she's in the one I'm thinking). It was the one about an are collection, and would make sense as she is a horseback rider in real life.
1) thats when I fell in love w/ Kristin Baeur :lol I might be able to get a screen cap of that tomorrow.

2) It was the second episode of the season. It was the episode where the guy escaped from jail to reunite w/ his ex wife and find his stashed money.

Here's an image of her I found searching on google.

Spoiler:

Old 07-12-10, 01:40 PM
  #16  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Very far away..
Posts: 4,502
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: True Blood -- "9 Crimes" -- 07/11/10

Originally Posted by Drav3n View Post
Overall, another good episode but my only complaint with this season is that there's no real storyline. Were already 1/3 of the way through the season, and we dont really have anything. Season one had the mystery of who was doing all the killings and season 2 had Maryann as the main storyline w/ the FotS as the secondary story. This season so far is just "happening as it goes." Sure we have the introductions of the were's and Russell, but hopefully something develops soon.
So far it's the greatest show on earth compared to season 1 and 2 so I say keep it up.
Old 07-12-10, 07:57 PM
  #17  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Posts: 22,083
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: True Blood -- "9 Crimes" -- 07/11/10

Originally Posted by Drav3n View Post
1) thats when I fell in love w/ Kristin Baeur :lol I might be able to get a screen cap of that tomorrow.

2) It was the second episode of the season. It was the episode where the guy escaped from jail to reunite w/ his ex wife and find his stashed money.

Here's an image of her I found searching on google.

Spoiler:

Nice image. . I remember that ep of Justified. I think she was either the criminal's ex or the wife who found the money and used it for boob job. So Draven, I take it you're an ass man as well when it comes to the deciding factor if a woman is worth your time.
Old 07-12-10, 08:12 PM
  #18  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Gizmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Formerly known as "GizmoDVD"/Southern CA
Posts: 30,443
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: True Blood -- "9 Crimes" -- 07/11/10

I have no idea what's going on with Bill. Why can't he leave?
Old 07-12-10, 08:16 PM
  #19  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,475
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: True Blood -- "9 Crimes" -- 07/11/10

Originally Posted by Dr. DVD View Post
Nice image. . I remember that ep of Justified. I think she was either the criminal's ex or the wife who found the money and used it for boob job. So Draven, I take it you're an ass man as well when it comes to the deciding factor if a woman is worth your time.
Guilty.
Old 07-12-10, 09:25 PM
  #20  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
dhmac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Kissimmee, Florida
Posts: 7,182
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Re: True Blood -- "9 Crimes" -- 07/11/10

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD View Post
I have no idea what's going on with Bill. Why can't he leave?
To protect Sookie, Bill made some sort of oath of loyalty to stay.
Old 07-12-10, 10:01 PM
  #21  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 926
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: True Blood -- "9 Crimes" -- 07/11/10

I thought it was cool that the song that was playing while Bill was in the strip club towards the end was the theme music for the UK show, Luther.
Old 07-12-10, 10:13 PM
  #22  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,989
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: True Blood -- "9 Crimes" -- 07/11/10

Originally Posted by Drav3n View Post
Overall, another good episode but my only complaint with this season is that there's no real storyline. Were already 1/3 of the way through the season, and we don't really have anything.
I think this season has a storyline, albeit a bit more complex
Spoiler:
It's all about the vampires, who's been dealing V and why. Eric, and previously Godric, have been trying to find out since WWII who has been giving werewolves V which has now been uncovered as the King of Mississippi. This is the guy who has Bill captive and is trying to gain control over more territories but as to what purpose is not known.
Old 07-12-10, 10:19 PM
  #23  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Daytona Beach, FL
Posts: 22,083
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: True Blood -- "9 Crimes" -- 07/11/10

Originally Posted by Drav3n View Post
Guilty.

HELL YEAH!!!!
Old 07-12-10, 10:41 PM
  #24  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,475
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: True Blood -- "9 Crimes" -- 07/11/10

Originally Posted by gmanca View Post
Spoiler:
It's all about the vampires, who's been dealing V and why. Eric, and previously Godric, have been trying to find out since WWII who has been giving werewolves V which has now been uncovered as the King of Mississippi. This is the guy who has Bill captive and is trying to gain control over more territories but as to what purpose is not known.
Yea, I guess that would be a good way to look at it. I guess I kinda ruined it for myself by reading all the books, so I'm expecting certain things to happen differently.
Old 07-12-10, 11:02 PM
  #25  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: San Leandro/San Francisco
Posts: 7,422
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: True Blood -- "9 Crimes" -- 07/11/10

Originally Posted by sven View Post
Yeah she was in Justified. It took me about half a second to recognize her. And it wasn't the one with horses and art. It was the one where the guy his money from a robbery before getting sent to prison.
She was also in one of my favorite comedies, Romy and Michelle's High school Reunion.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.