Reload this Page >

The Big Brother 12 After Dark(Showtime Too) Discussion Thread

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Big Brother 12 After Dark(Showtime Too) Discussion Thread

Old 08-11-10, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: The Big Brother 12 After Dark(Showtime Too) Discussion Thread

I think Brendan and Rachel operate in a pocket universe of some sort. I've seen delusional people in denial on the show before, but I'm not sure a pair in "love" on top of it.
Old 08-11-10, 01:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rachel sucks. That is all.
Old 08-11-10, 02:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by mwbmis View Post

They actually want Brendon to win HOH next week so they can get rid of Ragan.
Smart move on their part. Brittany/Ragan are so busy exercising their vastly superior human intellect over the child-like minds of B/R (while Kathy nods stupidly in the background) that the Brigade continues undetected. They have actually been laughing at how easy this is becoming. Their alliance has been in place for weeks, and they have yet to even have needed it, and probably won't still for at least a few more weeks and probably never.

Newest bestest strategy to win Big Brother: Shoot pool for 12 hours a day with three buddies while the nine attention whores take turns voting each other out in between patting themselves on the back and reminding whoever will listen how much better they are than the person being voted out.
Old 08-11-10, 02:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Bill Needle View Post
Newest bestest strategy to win Big Brother: Shoot pool for 12 hours a day with three buddies while the nine attention whores take turns voting each other out in between patting themselves on the back and reminding whoever will listen how much better they are than the person being voted out.
Exactly.
Old 08-11-10, 03:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Bill Needle View Post

I like me some Britney, but your comment sums up the whole season.

I thought the first season was boring, I thought the year of the orgies was gross, the evil dick season was, well, kind of evil, but so far this might be the worst group ever in terms of entertainment and gameplay.

I honestly have no interest really in anyone other than Britney. A few others are ok, but I wouldn't watch the show for them.
Old 08-11-10, 06:54 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by dad1153 View Post
Finally, fireworks on "BBAD." Best part: Brendon talking to himself (i.e. us in the cameras) because Rachel is in the DR. He knows his blow-up with Brit and Ragan will make Thursday's live show making him look like an a**hole so he's apologizing to us. It's hilarious!
Just when I'm walking away I get pulled back in. This is why I'm glad people post things like this here. I wasn't even going to bother with the AD eps. I had recorded but now I'll check this one out since it sounds better than what's been going on prior.
Old 08-11-10, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ragan and Brit are running around the house hiding things to make Rachel/Brendan think the HOH comp will be about missing items in the house.
Old 08-11-10, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by superfro View Post
Ragan and Brit are running around the house hiding things to make Rachel/Brendan think the HOH comp will be about missing items in the house.

Last night was great. Could Brendan and Rachel be any more delusional? Good stuff.
Old 08-13-10, 12:06 AM

When can Matt use the diamond POV? At the next POV or just before the voting? Does he get to replace one or both the nominees?

Did Julie say to Rachel that she has another chance to come back to the BB house?
Old 08-13-10, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Matt can use the diamond veto to replace one nominee next Thursday before the voting starts.

Julie mentioned that it might not be the last she's seen of the BB house. I don't think we know any specifics yet.
Old 08-13-10, 12:42 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 130 Likes on 107 Posts

If Rachel comes back as a HG then I'll be officially done for the season. Not that this game has any integrity, but come on...

I'd rather they bring Kasar back. He's still in sequester, right?
Old 08-13-10, 01:19 AM

Watching everybody in the house kissing Brendon's ass (i.e. talking/joking as if they've been friends all along) while Matt has the DPOV in his back pocket is the most fun I've had watching "After Dark" this season. Britney and Ragan may not be begging Brendon (they know they'll be nominated) but they're smiling and having polite conversations with him. And you know that inside these two are just dying!

P.S. now power failure makes the lights in the BBH flicker, everybody panics, gathers in living room expecting a new saboteur video and then the BB P.A. system announces it was their fault. Too much fun!

Last edited by dad1153; 08-13-10 at 01:34 AM.
Old 08-13-10, 01:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by mwbmis View Post
If Rachel comes back as a HG then I'll be officially done for the season. Not that this game has any integrity, but come on...
I love Big Brother, and between the broadcasts and After Dark I watch it everyday, but if they pull that shit I will be done with this season as well. Maybe Julie was referring to the next All Stars season? I dunno.
Old 08-14-10, 12:22 AM

You know, I expected the BBAD shows during Brendon's HOH reign to be a lot more fun than the previous weeks. What I wasn't expecting (based on today's events as chronicled Joker's Updates) is how unpredictable the behavior of everyone has become on the BB house except for Ragan's (who is in full self-pity mode). Britney is now joining Enzo and Hayden (who in private speak of forming a side-alliance with Brendon to keep him in the game) as part of Brendon's inner-circle, with Matt somewhere in the middle. Brigade members are openly talking about throwing Matt under the boss (unaware he has the DPOV) if he tries to save Ragan from eviction. Brendon has become sort-of a floater during his own HOH reign knowing full well everybody will turn on him the following week (even Britney, who told Brendon he wanted to form an alliance with him), which ironically has given him the confidence to do crazy shit like nominating Ragan and Lane to let the chips fall where they may. Kathy is being, well, Kathy.

I guess I'm surprised that the once-predictable BB house is now totally unpredictable because the behavior of everybody is off. Maybe the pressure of the game, the saboteur and Brendon's win has gotten to all them again.

Last edited by dad1153; 08-14-10 at 12:31 AM.
Old 08-14-10, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Wow. Looks like Matt is considering dumping the Brigade since he's the only one who's actually accomplished anything in the alliance. That would be a horrible move for him.
Old 08-14-10, 02:46 PM

He'll have to forget that because
Spoiler:
Ragan has won the POV competition. So he's coming off the block making Matt the most likely replacement. If it's Matt and Lane on the block you know Matt will use DPOV to get himself off and send either Brit or Kathy packing; if it's Britney on the block Matt will not use DPOV but The Brigade looks like a stronger bunch than the Britney-less other half of the house.

Matt would be smart and loyal to the brigade if he knows what's best for him.

Last edited by dad1153; 08-14-10 at 03:04 PM.
Old 08-14-10, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Jesus, there will be only 1 female in the house after Thursday.
Old 08-14-10, 03:03 PM

And normally I would say 'good for her' but I've seen (truly seen through secret cams) the men in that house, and I pity the one that stays behind. Come to think of it, I pity the one that will get to stay alone with Rachel in the Jury House for a whole week! If it's Britney that goes to Jury CBS would be smart to put a feed from that 'other' house and charge to see Rachel and Brit under one roof; instant millions!

Last edited by dad1153; 08-14-10 at 05:00 PM.
Old 08-14-10, 05:17 PM

You MUST watch (or at least tape/DVR) tonight's "BBAD" because...
Spoiler:
... Rachel is back in the house for a 24-hour visit before going back to Jury. She won't compete, it's just a visit.

Old 08-14-10, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 155 Likes on 116 Posts

New Pandora's Box twist...
Spoiler:
It seems that Rachel is back in the house. I think it is due to Pandora's Box being opened. I'm not sure if she is back in the game or not. Possibly only in the house for 24 hours. If she is back in the game, then I can defnitely see Matt using the DPOV to put her up again and she would be voted out again.

Ahh, dad1153 beat me too it.

Last edited by windom; 08-14-10 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Ahh, dad1153 beat me too it.
Old 08-14-10, 06:02 PM

The only way this twist makes sense...
Spoiler:
... is if Brendon and Rachel don't communicate with each other, a clean swap -she takes his place while he's in isolation out of the house- through which Rachel could lie to the other HG's and get a read for them. But whatever she learns from their -likely lies- one-on-one talks cannot be passed on to Brendon because then BB would be throwing a huge advantage his way. The other HG's wouldn't know that Rachel and Brendon didn't speak but they would think the two did hook-up, making everyone question what/who knows what/who about alliances, messages for Rachel when she left, etc.

Everybody's going to be paranoid as hell from now until Thursday. Its gonna make some great TV!
Old 08-14-10, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by dad1153 View Post
Everybody's going to be paranoid as hell from now until Thursday. Its gonna make some great TV!
Eh, I'm actually really pissed about this. I thought we were done with that slow, delusional, ugly, plastic hooker. I don't want to see her on another episode, the very idea of seeing her again makes me sick. Damn you Big Brother, damn you.
Old 08-14-10, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 130 Likes on 107 Posts

I don't know why we're using spoilers in this thread; it's not as if people can watch this afternoon's action on AD tonight. Of course, I don't know there is all that spoiler discussion in the broadcast show thread either.

The big problem that I have with Rachel coming back in the house is the goodbye messages. Apparently, most of the members of the "brigade" gave brigade goodbye messages. Rachel didn't see any of those. Instead, she saw a Britney mean goodbye message. Britney claims that she didn't leave a mean goodbye message.

Obviously she said those words at one point or another, but I wouldn't put it past BB to edit that into something. They've done it before (Jessica's goodbye message to Carol in BB8 was all bullshit; she said nice things...it ended up making her America's target for nomination that week and confusing the Hell out of Eric).

It just strikes me as unfair whether Brendon gets to talk to her or not. Rachel coming back into the house hurts Britney's game the most and lessons the chance that Matt gets nominated/uses the DPOV on Thursday. That might have outed the Brigade (who knows what the Lane/Matt campaigning would have involved). You would figure they would want that.
Old 08-14-10, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Sometimes I don't know why I bother defending this show.
Old 08-14-10, 07:14 PM

^^^ Because you can't get enough of it and, regardless how abusive and unfair the producers' interference is, you know you'll come back to watch. They should change the name of the show from 'Big Brother' to 'Battered Wife Syndrome.'

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.