Reload this Page >

The Big Brother 12 After Dark(Showtime Too) Discussion Thread

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Big Brother 12 After Dark(Showtime Too) Discussion Thread

Old 08-08-10, 02:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Re: The Big Brother 12 After Dark(Showtime Too) Discussion Thread

Rachel: "Matt says he's playing for his wife, so why does he want to break up love? He's a love hater."
Old 08-08-10, 02:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dino88 View Post
Rachel: "Matt says he's playing for his wife, so why does he want to break up love? He's a love hater."
Dude....they're killing me in the past two days. I signed up for the 3 day trial for the feeds yesterday because I knew that this weekend was probably going to be the only worthwhile footage.

Everybody is so fucking clueless about the Brigade stuff it's ridiculous. Although maybe that's credit to the guys for being able to keep it under wraps so long. It's easy for us to say that everybody is stupid for not figuring it out, but maybe they're just smart about how they're dealing with people and each other.
Old 08-08-10, 02:57 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

How do those feeds work? Is it the same as AD or do you get to choose from several different cameras around the house?

I wish they would give them the alcohol before AD started. The alcohol always seems to hit them just as AD is ending.

I don't understand why B&R keep discussing who should stay. The way they talk about it, they seem to think they get to choose who stays and who goes this week.
Old 08-08-10, 03:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I don't understand why B&R keep discussing who should stay. The way they talk about it, they seem to think they get to choose who stays and who goes this week.
I KNOW! My wife and I were having that same discussion here tonight. Bitch! You are not in control!

The feeds give you 4 different camera angles to choose, but most of the time they're super limited. Like right now I have two different angles of B/R in the bedroom and the other 2 cameras are dupes of those. Um...thanks?

However, the flashback stuff is totally awesome as you can go back and watch everything that has filmed since the feeds went live on 7/8.
Old 08-08-10, 03:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Maybe you'll catch Ragan pulling some saboteur duties after the other houseguests fall asleep. I would assume they'd have him do something soon, since they'll probably need something for the show tonight.
Old 08-08-10, 03:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Maybe you'll catch Ragan pulling some saboteur duties after the other houseguests fall asleep. I would assume they'd have him do something soon, since they'll probably need something for the show tonight.
4 cameras on B/R sleeping. Sign up today!

EDIT - Oh wait...well now it looks like they're pretty much fucking. On second thought, don't sign up.

Last edited by superfro; 08-08-10 at 03:42 AM.
Old 08-08-10, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 132 Likes on 108 Posts

I miss the old pre-flashback days when everything would be on youtube. You didn't have to buy the live feeds, but you could still see pretty much everything that went on in the house. A lot of stuff from previous seasons is still out there. I watched some of my favorite Eric/Jess stuff a few weeks ago.

This cast is too dull to waste money on the live feeds.
Old 08-09-10, 01:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hayden, Brit, Ragan are killing right now on AD with a "What Not To Do On BB" segment right to the backyard camera tearing apart R/B.
Old 08-09-10, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The stuff going on with B/R right now is brilliantly awesome. Everyone is planning on dumping Rachel this week, but Brendan is doing what he can to make sure he goes home. Apparently he went off on Brit at the veto meeting today to try and turn the house against him and keep Rachel. Everybody saw through it, but are deciding to buddy up to Rachel for the rest of the week and let them think it worked and then pull a switch on Thursday night and send her packing.

The feeds of R/B right now talking about how it worked and that everybody is so stupid is hilarious.

Oh..they've also figured out that Lane is the saboteur.
Old 08-09-10, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by superfro View Post
Apparently he went off on Brit at the veto meeting today to try and turn the house against him and keep Rachel. Everybody saw through it, but are deciding to buddy up to Rachel for the rest of the week and let them think it worked and then pull a switch on Thursday night and send her packing. :
That's just excellent. ha ha.
Old 08-09-10, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 83 Likes on 68 Posts

I almost feel bad for Brendan. He is a great illustration of the saying, "When you find yourself in a hole, the first thing to do is stop digging." I can't believe someone who seems otherwise relatively normal and bright can so willingly follow this mental defective bag of plastic and botox off the Big Brother cliff. Once you are all in there is no reason to keep bluffing, so I just don't get it. But like I said on the other thread, for good or bad they are the only thing interesting enough to talk about.
Old 08-10-10, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 202 Likes on 140 Posts

I am ready to bail on the season at this point, I guess Brendon and Rachael nominations have stayed the same. By everyone going along with the Brigade, its pretty clear they are oblivious puppets. All Ragan, Britney, and Kathy had to do is form an alliance with Brendon or Rachael to save themselves, and at least have an alliance to compete with the brigade. I never thought I could hate a group of people anymore than I did last season, I was wrong.
Old 08-10-10, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 83 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial View Post
I am ready to bail on the season at this point, I guess Brendon and Rachael nominations have stayed the same. By everyone going along with the Brigade, its pretty clear they are oblivious puppets. All Ragan, Britney, and Kathy had to do is form an alliance with Brendon or Rachael to save themselves, and at least have an alliance to compete with the brigade. I never thought I could hate a group of people anymore than I did last season, I was wrong.
Agreed. They (R/B/K) are so busy being brilliant and hilarious crapping all over B/R they have no time left to figure out that they are also being played for giant dumbasses. Had they spent less energy on laughing at B/R they might have had time to realize that they could have named their price with the desperate and easily malleable pair, keeping them in as human shields who the Brigade would still go after first even after they aligned with them. They could remorselessly betray them at any point, and/or easily beaten either in the final vote. This would have made R/B/K nearly as smart as they already think they are, instead of oblivious fools.
Old 08-10-10, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I don't think Britney and Ragan are entirely blind to it; they just don't know that it's as strong as it is. I think that's why Britney worked so hard to try to save Kristen last week; she wanted to give herself options. I'm sure both Ragan and Britney think what they have with Matt & Lane respectively is stronger than anything else the guys have together. Obviously, they're wrong.

As for aligning with B/R...I just think they don't like them and think they're poor alliance mates. Britney has always had a poor relationship with Brendon. In order to save Rachel she would have had to use the veto on her, putting a GIANT target on herself in the process and presumably going against the wishes of the one person she's sure has her back (Lane...she's wrong about Lane, but she doesn't know that...the Brigade deserves credit they've done a good job of spreading throughout the house).

Besides, B/R aren't really trustworthy, and are completely and utterly clueless about house dynamics. Last week, Rachel nominated and evicted her BFF from a month ago. Listening to them try to figure out where people stand is absurd (for the record...according to them Ragan, Matt, Kathy, and Britney are in an alliance with Britney using Lane as muscle; Enzo and Hayden are free agents). They've got their finger on the pulse of the house.

As for Kathy, I think the alliances in the house are irrelevant to Kathy's game play.

Last edited by mwbmis; 08-10-10 at 07:08 PM.
Old 08-10-10, 08:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Why would Britney and Kathy want to align themselves with Rachel when it is clear that Rachel hates women? Up to this point, Rachel has been the strongest member of The Brigade.
Old 08-10-10, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Up to this point, Rachel has been the strongest member of The Brigade.
What show are you watching?
Old 08-10-10, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Blu Man View Post
What show are you watching?
It's sarcasm. She's been the strongest member because she's made the game so easy for them up to this point.
Old 08-10-10, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

That's not really far off from the truth; She gave the Brigade Britney and solidified the alliance with Hayden.

This season is a waste and the little interest I had is now gone.
Old 08-10-10, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 473 Likes on 408 Posts

I bailed on this season of Big Brother the past weekend. A horrible, uninteresting mix of people among the cast. Outside of the Brigade, there just is no one that seems to think about playing the game long-term. One gets the feeling in any other season an alliance like the Brigade would get shredded very quickly by smarter players, but instead they are basically running the game. And the Saboteur is another lame idea cooked up by the producers.
Old 08-10-10, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by gmanca View Post
That's not really far off from the truth
I know..that's why he said it.

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
One gets the feeling in any other season an alliance like the Brigade would get shredded very quickly by smarter players, but instead they are basically running the game.
I was quick to dismiss the alliance not being found out as everybody being dumb, but I think there is a large factor of the 4 guys also playing it really really smart. Just from my observations in the past few weeks. Them making folks comfortable as to not arouse suspicion has done wonders for them. Other than that though, the fact that there's really only been 2 sides of the house, B/R and everyone else, there really hasn't been an opportunity for votes to out them. So some of it is luck, and folks being dumb, but they are working to keep it under wraps pretty hard too.

Last edited by superfro; 08-10-10 at 11:40 PM.
Old 08-10-10, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm losing interest in the show as well. I have 4 episodes, with #5 recording right now, on the DVR and I just don't care to even watch them. I just watched last weeks eviction show last night and still have this past Sundays 8pm show to watch. I'm at the point of just dumping the chunk of AD shows and starting over fresh down the road by keeping up with this topic and watching for the eventual breakdown of the brigade and then pick it back up at that point.
Old 08-11-10, 12:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by ChrisHicks View Post
and watching for the eventual breakdown of the brigade and then pick it back up at that point.
Given the dynamics of the house, I think they're making the final four, or at least the final five (w/ the fifth winning HOH or veto). If they go to four, I would imagine they would want Matt out first.

They actually want Brendon to win HOH next week so they can get rid of Ragan.
Old 08-11-10, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ragan destroying Rachel in a conversation is a lot of fun. Even more so is Brendan coming to her defense and looking like a toolbag. Him and Brit got into it pretty good a few minutes ago.
Old 08-11-10, 12:39 AM

Finally, fireworks on "BBAD." Best part: Brendon talking to himself (i.e. us in the cameras) because Rachel is in the DR. He knows his blow-up with Brit and Ragan will make Thursday's live show making him look like an a**hole so he's apologizing to us. It's hilarious!

Last edited by dad1153; 08-11-10 at 12:43 AM.
Old 08-11-10, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dad1153 View Post
Finally, fireworks on "BBAD." Best part: Brendon talking to himself (i.e. us in the cameras) because Rachel is in the DR. He knows his blow-up with Brit and Ragan will make Thursday's live show making him look like an a**hole so he's apologizing to us. It's hilarious!
His monologue was hysterical. He's such a moron. Did you get to see Brittney mocking his angry walk away?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.