TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Big Brother 12 - Premieres July 8, 8 PM ET

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-10, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Big Brother 12 - Premieres July 8, 8 PM ET

For those wondering about Big Brother 12, here are the latest updates:

First of all, the houseguests have all been picked and notified. CBS is holding the info about WHO has been picked until a few days before the premiere where Julie Chen will break the news on The Early Show.

From BigBrotherNetwork.com:
CBS has announced the Big Brother 12 start date is set for Thursday, July 8th at 8PM. From there the show schedule will be Sundays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays all at 8PM ET. This is a change from the usual Su/Tu/Th line-up which shifted between 8PM and 9PM.
You night-owls will be pleased to learn that Big Brother After Dark is set to return to Showtime’s SHO2. Apparently BB is quadrupling SHO2’s ratings during those 12AM – 3AM hours making this decision a no-brainer.
For those who subscribe to the live feeds, it looks like if you sign up now, you get a nice discount:

Sign up now for the feeds and you get 33% off the normal price ($30 instead of $45) AND US customers get $30 in free mp3s--$10/month. Not bad if you plan on buying a few albums this summer anyway. The sale ends on July 7—the day before BB12 starts. So grab it now if you want it. BigBrotherNetwork.com is also stating that those who sign up get some kind of pre-show webchat with Janelle and Chelsia…for whatever that’s worth to you…

CBS is already stating that this new season will have some unexpected twists...which typically means several nice new surprises and several completely stupid additions. :P

Looking forward to another season of quality reality TV!

Last edited by JuryDuty; 06-22-10 at 09:26 AM.
Old 06-22-10, 06:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 424 Likes on 305 Posts
Re: Big Brother 12 - Premieres July 8, 8 PM ET

A little early for this thread, but I am so pumped for the season, less than three more weeks to go. I don't know if they will even try to top the crazy train last summer of Natalie, Chima, and Lydia. They would probably have to have casting calls out of nut houses. One other thing, please please please give us BB in HD this year.

Last edited by Bluelitespecial; 06-23-10 at 10:53 AM.
Old 06-22-10, 06:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts

I don't see anything about free MP3's?

Every year I'm tempted to sign up for the feeds. They keep adding bells & whistles, but they never do anything to improve the actual coverage. They advertise as a quad-cam but 99% of the time it's just two duplicated feeds. Usually even just two angles of the same conversation. Then they block out most of the interesting stuff.

Ah, who am I kidding. I'm sure I'll sign up the minute the premiere episode ends......
Old 06-22-10, 08:05 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think BB was the most interesting during the first season, when they had real people in the house, instead of wannabe actors and actresses...
Old 06-22-10, 08:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Sessioner
I think BB was the most interesting during the first season, when they had real people in the house, instead of wannabe actors and actresses...
I still find it an interesting show, despite the fact the the "house guests" are couched into doing a lot of things. It would be much better if the producers stayed out of it and actually let the show play out naturally.
Old 06-22-10, 08:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 162 Likes on 124 Posts

I don't even count that as a BB season, it was just so unbelievably boring. As far as I'm concerned Wil is the first BB winner.
Old 06-22-10, 08:45 PM
Suspended

What I'll always remember about the second season is the last three people in the house were the only three people left in the US who were totally unaware about the events of 9/11 for a few hours. It was eerie to watch them go about their usual daily routine when the rest of the country was in a state of chaos.
Old 06-22-10, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm waiting for the future season where it's all ex cons and the reward challenges result in things like shivs and such.
Old 06-23-10, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b186...this_time.html

"Tonya Paoni from the third season of CBS's Big Brother has been charged with reckless homicide and aggravated DUI for allegedly causing a five-vehicle crash that killed two people last summer near Springfield, Ill."
Old 06-23-10, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 173 Likes on 137 Posts

You mean waitresses, bartenders, and personal trainers?
Old 06-23-10, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
A little early for this thread, but I am so pump for the season, less than three more weeks to go....
Yes, I almost didn't start the thread, but decided to given:

1. I was wondering when BB12 was going to start--and I figured other DVDTalker's would be, too.

2. If you want to do the live feeds, it's nice to know about it a few weeks out so you can get the deal.

Hope it wasn't too early! :P
Old 06-23-10, 09:08 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Eddie W
I don't see anything about free MP3's?
You're right--I don't either. But apparently it's part of the 3-month "Superpass" and several BB12 sites confirm that you do get $10/month in MP3 downloads, and did last year too (US subscribers only).

Anyway, maybe take that with caution since we don't see the wording on that page, but other users are confirming it is part of the package.
Old 06-23-10, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Today the BB12 website suggests there may be 13 houseguests:
Old 06-23-10, 09:11 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

For me, the best season of BB so far was Dead Set.
Old 06-23-10, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

they should at least have 14 houseguests, that way there is an even number of men and women.
Old 06-23-10, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

I loved last season, and it was the first full season I had watched in a while. Bring on the crazies!
Old 06-23-10, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

^^^Yeah but the last few weeks of the Natalie show made me sick. I hope we never see her again on any future BB seasons.
Old 06-23-10, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I can barely remember the past houseguests' names from the past few seasons.
Old 06-23-10, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Patman
I can barely remember the past houseguests' names from the past few seasons.
I agree, though that goes for about any of these reality shows. Even on Survivor and The Amazing Race, I can usually remember 2-4 people at most. The Amazing Race is probably the worst offender because it's really more focused on the tasks than the personalities.

Big Brother's problem is that they've lowered the contestant bar so much that you just don't care much about them. I think it would be a FAR better show if 90% of the players weren't 20-22-year-old models/actors-to-be.
Old 06-23-10, 01:47 PM

I haven't watched a season since the spring edition during the strike. I literally went from watching every episode from the 1st season all the way up until sometime during the second week of the summer 2008 season. It's sad that good shows like Breaking Bad and Mad Men are stuck on cable while the same recycled reality crap is a cornerstone of networks' summer schedules.
Old 06-23-10, 03:03 PM

I love the show. Normally it seems to start a little slow, it takes time to get to know the people. I love having BB after dark to learn more about them. Started with BB8 and have been a faithful viewer ever sense. While the strike season was not the greatest, I still enjoyed it.
Old 06-23-10, 03:11 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jpb07
It's sad that good shows like Breaking Bad and Mad Men are stuck on cable while the same recycled reality crap is a cornerstone of networks' summer schedules.
You say 'stuck on cable' like it's a bad thing. If those shows had been on a network they would have been watered down, constantly moved around the schedule, and possibly already canceled.
Old 06-23-10, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by DRG
You say 'stuck on cable' like it's a bad thing. If those shows had been on a network they would have been watered down, constantly moved around the schedule, and possibly already canceled.
Yeah, imagine what a show like Dexter would be like on network TV.
Old 06-29-10, 09:33 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

We're only about a week and a half away from the premiere now. The first big "twist" has been revealed:
Spoiler:
From Julie Chen: “For the first time in Big Brother history, one player is not playing to win. This summer a saboteur will wreak havoc in the house.”

From BigBrotherNetwork: This season one of the Houseguests will not be playing for money. Instead he/she will be playing to sabotage the game. Think of it as America’s Player but one step further removed with no chance to win the half-million dollar prize.

Questions remain whether the saboteur will take direction from viewers, producers or be on his/her own.
Old 06-29-10, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Timber
As far as I'm concerned Wil is the first BB winner.
As far as I'm concerned Wil is the only BB winner.

I'm not mentally prepared to start totally hating 14 new people next week. Does anybody know if they're going to finally do this shit in HD?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.