DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Directv HD Reboot Anyone? 6/8 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/574913-directv-hd-reboot-anyone-6-8-a.html)

Septemberbaby 06-08-10 09:13 AM

Directv HD Reboot Anyone? 6/8

Anyone else have to do a reboot this morning?
I had to do it three times.
First time, pressed power button... Tv came on, DVR did not.
Second time, the banner wouldn't turn off, all buttons were frozen. Couldn't do anything.

Third time was the charm.

I thought that my unit was crapping out but then I went on the DBS forum and it seems to be a result of a NR. Whew!

Deftones 06-08-10 09:22 AM

Re: Directv HD Reboot Anyone? 6/8

it's everyone, not just you. huge thread at DBS. best thing to do is straight unplug for 15 seconds, then plug back in.

Bill Needle 06-08-10 09:43 AM

Ditto for me. I did the little red button reset. Had to do it twice before all was comlpetely well. Is there more than speculation as to what caused this?

mugwump 06-08-10 09:46 AM

Yep, I could tell there was trouble when my 8 year old let out a yell when Ninja Warrior wouldn't turn on this morning. Nothing gets you ready for a day in the trenches like Ninja Warrior.

Drav3n 06-08-10 09:47 AM

Thanks for the heads up. Was wondering what was wrong with my hd and dvr box today.

Mittman 06-08-10 10:10 AM

I think this is related to the 3D update.

Red Dog 06-08-10 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Septemberbaby (Post 10200307)
Anyone else have to do a reboot this morning?
I had to do it three times.
First time, pressed power button... Tv came on, DVR did not.
Second time, the banner wouldn't turn off, all buttons were frozen. Couldn't do anything.

Third time was the charm.

Same thing. Did a RBR and had the constant banner/frozen buttons. Then I unplugged it and then it booted up properly.

TheVelvetRope 06-08-10 12:53 PM

I've tried red button reboots, unplugging, you name it. Every time it resets, it takes it to the initial configuration screen, like when you install it. I know the proper dish to select, but then it directs me to call DirecTV to send signals and continue installation. I can't do anything and can't get through the phone and their website is crashing. So it appears I am just stuck until I can get through.

Chew 06-08-10 12:54 PM

I didn't turn on my DVR this morning.

I take it the best option is to just unplug it and let it reset itself?

Septemberbaby 06-08-10 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Chew (Post 10200721)
I didn't turn on my DVR this morning.

I take it the best option is to just unplug it and let it reset itself?

You may have to do it 2-3 times. It took me 3 times and others 1-2 times.
I pulled the plug in the back, many others just hit the red reset button. I think either way works.

Velvet, it sounds like you have another issue. You may have to call them.

Phod 06-08-10 01:24 PM

Heh, both of mine had issues this morning. Glad to see it wasn't me.

Bill Needle 06-08-10 01:39 PM

Just to help clarify for some, when you do the RBR (red button reset) two times within 30 minutes, the program guide will flush, and apparently this is what is helping get past the problem. If two resets don't do it, try and determine if you actually did both within 30 minutes. Also, wait until you have picture/sound before doing the second reset. To my knowledge pulling power (twice?) accomplishes the same thing, and some say it is potentially less disruptive to a DVR than the RBR.

Deftones 06-08-10 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Mittman (Post 10200402)
I think this is related to the 3D update.

according to most, it's a bad guide data issue. it's happened before.

BDB 06-08-10 01:59 PM

Looks like Directv are doing a global reboot :)

@DIRECTV - We are in the process of implementing a fix for today's HD DVR issue. Your receiver may reset itself but this is expected.

Chew 06-08-10 05:21 PM

Yup, they are.

I got home today and didn't have to do anything. Worked like normal. :)

BravesMG 06-08-10 05:51 PM

Mine froze for a second when I used the DVR, but everything seems to be up and running.

TheKing 06-09-10 02:56 AM

Maybe those Dish Network astronauts turning on the Free HD switch decided to be dicks and mess with the DirecTV Satellite while they were up there...

Free HD!