Persons Unknown -- New 13 week Miniseries -- "Pilot" -- 06/07/10

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Persons Unknown -- New 13 week Miniseries -- "Pilot" -- 06/07/10

Old 06-09-10, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 42 Likes on 24 Posts
Re: Persons Unknown -- New 13 week Miniseries -- "Pilot" -- 06/07/10

Originally Posted by Flave
This show will probably be a JJ Abrams style dribble-out-the-answers-as-slowly-as-possible exercise in frustration.
Answers can't "dribble-out" too slowly, seeing as it's a mini-series.
Old 06-09-10, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by clappj
Answers can't "dribble-out" too slowly, seeing as it's a mini-series.
If Abrams was doing this, he would present us with more and more questions and provide no answers for 12 episodes and then give us a load of vague existentialist nonsense in episode 13 to explain the whole thing. So yes, even a limited run series can be too slow. Never underestimate the total mind-fucking ability of Mr. Abrams to create nothing out of nothing.

P.S. I know Abrams has nothing to do with this show but I'm finding it increasingly difficult to pass up any opportunity to have a good piss on him.
Old 06-09-10, 01:00 PM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 399 Likes on 248 Posts

If Abrams was doing this, he would present us with more and more questions and provide no answers for 12 episodes and then give us a load of vague existentialist nonsense in episode 13 to explain the whole thing. So yes, even a limited run series can be too slow. Never underestimate the total mind-fucking ability of Mr. Abrams to create nothing out of nothing.

P.S. I know Abrams has nothing to do with this show but I'm finding it increasingly difficult to pass up any opportunity to have a good piss on him.
sounds like Lost hate, which shouldn't be directed at JJ considering he left that show early on during its run.
Old 06-09-10, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

P.S. I know Abrams has nothing to do with this show (and the end of Lost, which I'm bitching about) but I'm finding it increasingly difficult to pass up any opportunity to have a good piss on him.
Fixed

I enjoyed it and will be watching next week. I'm guessing Cameron is in on it. He came out of his room way too quick after the guy said there was a key in the Bible, as if he already had the key in hand.

Last edited by dino88; 06-09-10 at 01:09 PM.
Old 06-09-10, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,548 Likes on 2,542 Posts

I think either him or "Joe" might be in on it, especially with him refusing to talk about his past. They also gave a mysterious impression about Janet's mother when she was being interviewed by that reporter about her disappearance.

Initially I thought they hit some kind of shield or force field when they tried to leave the town, so I thought the tranquilizer implant was a cool surprise. Also, noone knows how much time passed since they were abducted.
Old 06-09-10, 07:58 PM

Received 772 Likes on 504 Posts

Originally Posted by DJariya
... Also, noone knows how much time passed since they were abducted.
I would at least 3-5 days.

My measuring device: the Marine's scruffy start of a beard.