Search this Thread

Old 06-04-10, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,634 Likes on 2,607 Posts
Stargate Universe -- 2 Part Season Finale -- "Incursion Part 1" -- 06/04/10

SGU

Synopsis:

Spoiler:
Col. Telford reveals a threat to the Destiny from the Lucian Alliance, prompting Gen. O'Neill to launch a preemptive attack on the foes' base.

Special Guest Stars:

Lou Diamond Phillips (Telford)
Amanda Tapping (Col. Carter)
Richard Dean Anderson (Gen. O'Neill)
Rhona Mitra (Kiva)

Episode 19 of 20. Will continue next week.

Almost forgot about it until I saw it recording just now.
Old 06-06-10, 12:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Re: Stargate Universe -- 2 Part Season Finale -- "Incursion Part 1" -- 06/04/10

should have had people on the cat walks and simply gunned them down as they came through and were disoriented
Old 06-06-10, 04:38 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Pretty kick ass ep.
Old 06-06-10, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk God

Awesome 1st part to the season finale.

Kickass gun fight on the Destiny. I think Rhona Mitra is a great villain. Kiva is one cold bitch. It now looks like they found a way to make Lou Diamond Phillips a regular on the show next season now that Telford is actually aboard the Destiny.

So, Telford was brain washed into being the Luccian Alliance mole and Young sucked out the atmosphere of that room to clear his head of the brain washing? Interesting.
Old 06-06-10, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,121 Posts

Yeah apparently Young knew that the method had been used before to 'reboot' brainwashed folks.

I even liked McGuyver better this week. Less jokes and more Leadership.
Old 06-07-10, 09:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by mikehunt
should have had people on the cat walks and simply gunned them down as they came through and were disoriented
Well they are Air Force so you can't really expect them to know what they're doing (jk...not really).
Old 06-07-10, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

None of the characters in this series know what they are doing. If there is an obvious worst possible choice that can be made in any given situation, you can count on them to make it (especially if it involves unrealistically high levels of illogic).

About the only smart thing I've seen was when the military so easily defeated the civilian "coup".

Also, I found the whole "brainwashing reboot" thing profoundly contrived and manipulative. The writers obviously wanted us to be shocked at Young, making him appear heartless, only to find later that he had some special arcane knowledge that no one else was privy to, and he was really being a good guy who saved his friend. The problem is that, by appearances, he crossed a line in the UCMJ, and Scott was completely within protocol to question him on it. Besides, it served no purpose in the story for the people outside of the chamber to not know why he was doing what he was doing. They could still have raised concerns or even opposed it because of the risk of death.

Last edited by RoboDad; 06-07-10 at 01:39 PM.
Old 06-07-10, 01:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RoboDad
None of the characters in this series know what they are doing. If there is an obvious worst possible choice that can be made in any given situation, you can count on them to make it (especially if it involves unrealistically high levels of illogic).

About the only smart thing I've seen was when the military so easily defeated the civilian "coup".

Also, I found the whole "brainwashing reboot" thing profoundly contrived and manipulative. The writers obviously wanted us to be shocked at Young, making him appear heartless, only to find later that he had some special arcane knowledge that no one else was privy to, and he was really being a good guy who saved his friend. The problem is that, by appearances, he crossed a line in the UCMJ, and Scott was completely within protocol to question him on it. Besides, it served no purpose in the story for the people outside of the chamber to not know why he was doing what he was doing. They could still have raised concerns or even opposed it because of the risk of death.
I agree... but Young probably wouldn't have minded too badly if it hadn't worked and had resulted in death, since Telford had been working against him for a while (so if the 'return him to friend status' hadn't worked out, he had been disliking him as things stood), and it didn't hurt that the guy on the other end of the swap was Rush (useful for operating the ship, but Young had already been willing to do without him...).
Old 06-08-10, 02:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 108 Likes on 75 Posts

Just saw this and thought it was really good. Anyone else think that possibly the mysterious alien race will come into play forcing the Destiny crew and Lucian Alliance into a truce to fight them off?
Old 06-08-10, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally Posted by Wolf359
Just saw this and thought it was really good. Anyone else think that possibly the mysterious alien race will come into play forcing the Destiny crew and Lucian Alliance into a truce to fight them off?
Interesting thought. We'll see on Friday.
Old 06-08-10, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm really hoping this doesn't take the arc of Atlantis. It also started out with the crew having little hope of returning home. That slowly changed over the course of the series to the point where it was just a more complicated Stargate jump---or really long Daedalus trip.

It was far too easy for the Alliance to gain access. If that's the case, it should be easy to get home too (obviously not the same route). Especially with the stones giving them access to Earth for mapping and planning.