Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

LOST 6th Season DVD Will Have 12-14 Minutes of Deleted Footage!

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

LOST 6th Season DVD Will Have 12-14 Minutes of Deleted Footage!

Old 05-26-10, 10:15 PM
  #1  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 366
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LOST 6th Season DVD Will Have 12-14 Minutes of Deleted Footage!

According to Michael Emerson (who appeared on the G4 Network (afillliated with E! TV), there will be 12 or 14 minutes of deleted footage including scenes of Hurley after he becomes ruler of the island along with an appearance by Walt on the 6th Season DVD.
Old 05-26-10, 10:34 PM
  #2  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Gizmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Formerly known as "GizmoDVD"/Southern CA
Posts: 31,096
Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
Re: LOST 6th Season DVD Will Have 12-14 Minutes of Deleted Footage!

Z...O...M...G.

Thanks for creating a thread, no one on this damn forum even discusses Lost! It's all about Two and a Half Men and freakin' Gossip Girl.
Old 05-26-10, 10:36 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 3,475
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: LOST 6th Season DVD Will Have 12-14 Minutes of Deleted Footage!

I posted about this (and the video) in the Lost 2 1/2 hour series finale thread.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/10180715-post1499.html

And you might want to get the thread title fixed because if you watched AotS, then you heard Emerson say it will be one of the features on the exclusive bonus disc on the complete series set, he doesnt say that it will be included on the season 6 set.

Last edited by Drav3n; 05-26-10 at 10:41 PM.
Old 05-26-10, 10:51 PM
  #4  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
JuryDuty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 1999
Location: Lost in Texas
Posts: 6,548
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: LOST 6th Season DVD Will Have 12-14 Minutes of Deleted Footage!

I'm glad to hear this because so many people have complained that all the questions weren't answered. Clearly, most the answers just landed on the editing room floor. When this DVD comes out, the show will finally be vindicated.
Old 05-26-10, 10:52 PM
  #5  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 3,874
Likes: 0
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: LOST 6th Season DVD Will Have 12-14 Minutes of Deleted Footage!

thank god

hopefully they'll explain why that one piece of grass was bent in episode 15
Old 05-26-10, 10:55 PM
  #6  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
JohnSlider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Detroit, Michigan PSN: JohnSlider
Posts: 3,507
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: LOST 6th Season DVD Will Have 12-14 Minutes of Deleted Footage!

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD View Post
Z...O...M...G.

Thanks for creating a thread, no one on this damn forum even discusses Lost! It's all about Two and a Half Men and freakin' Gossip Girl.
What's even more shocking is that the number of people who whine, bitch, and complain about the number of Lost threads seem to double the number or people who actually discuss it. Z...O...M...G.
Old 05-26-10, 10:57 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,511
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: LOST 6th Season DVD Will Have 12-14 Minutes of Deleted Footage!

Originally Posted by Drav3n View Post

And you might want to get the thread title fixed because if you watched AotS, then you heard Emerson say it will be one of the features on the exclusive bonus disc on the complete series set, he doesnt say that it will be included on the season 6 set.
I will be so pissed if that's the case.
Old 05-26-10, 10:59 PM
  #8  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Raleighwood
Posts: 6,643
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: LOST 6th Season DVD Will Have 12-14 Minutes of Deleted Footage!

Originally Posted by JuryDuty View Post
I'm glad to hear this because so many people have complained that all the questions weren't answered. Clearly, most the answers just landed on the editing room floor. When this DVD comes out, the show will finally be vindicated.
Old 05-26-10, 11:46 PM
  #9  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: San Leandro/San Francisco
Posts: 7,422
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: LOST 6th Season DVD Will Have 12-14 Minutes of Deleted Footage!

So they padded it with 45 minutes worth of commericals and now we have to watch it again to see the stuff they didn't have enough room for?
Old 05-27-10, 08:29 AM
  #10  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Michael Corvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 61,377
Received 513 Likes on 365 Posts
Re: LOST 6th Season DVD Will Have 12-14 Minutes of Deleted Footage!

Originally Posted by riley_dude View Post
So they padded it with 45 minutes worth of commericals and now we have to watch it again to see the stuff they didn't have enough room for?
That's about how many minutes worth of commercials air on any given night for any 2.5 hour block of network television.
Old 05-27-10, 10:02 AM
  #11  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Puyallup
Posts: 16,429
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: LOST 6th Season DVD Will Have 12-14 Minutes of Deleted Footage!

Originally Posted by JuryDuty View Post
I'm glad to hear this because so many people have complained that all the questions weren't answered. Clearly, most the answers just landed on the editing room floor. When this DVD comes out, the show will finally be vindicated.
That is one way to sell some dvds...put the answers in deleted scenes!
Old 05-27-10, 10:13 AM
  #12  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Ayre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,180
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: LOST 6th Season DVD Will Have 12-14 Minutes of Deleted Footage!

Originally Posted by superdeluxe View Post
That is one way to sell some dvds...put the answers in deleted scenes!
Cept I remember Emerson saying something about the added scenes being "funny", so i doubt it will be as revealing as some may hope. In other words expect a thread in the DVD section about how we were tricked into buying the compete set. I won't be tricked, I am buying it to watch the series again.
Old 05-27-10, 12:12 PM
  #13  
DVD Talk Hero
 
slop101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: So. Cal.
Posts: 42,640
Received 241 Likes on 170 Posts
Re: LOST 6th Season DVD Will Have 12-14 Minutes of Deleted Footage!

It's not "deleted" footage. It's just some bonus scenes of Hurley and Ben running the island, post-show, pre-purgatory. It was never intended to be shown with the regular show, so it's not deleted.

I do hope that they play it like a Laurel & Hardy shtick.
Old 05-27-10, 01:10 PM
  #14  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Posts: 255
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: LOST 6th Season DVD Will Have 12-14 Minutes of Deleted Footage!

That's awesome! I hope that they're deleting the last 15 minutes of the finale.
Old 05-27-10, 01:34 PM
  #15  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 36,850
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Re: LOST 6th Season DVD Will Have 12-14 Minutes of Deleted Footage!

Wasn't the rumoured amount of deleted footage going to be 20 minutes? And some of it feature Walt? So it's 12-14 of Hugo/Ben and 8-6 minutes of Walt? Or what?
Old 05-27-10, 01:35 PM
  #16  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: San Leandro/San Francisco
Posts: 7,422
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: LOST 6th Season DVD Will Have 12-14 Minutes of Deleted Footage!

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin View Post
That's about how many minutes worth of commercials air on any given night for any 2.5 hour block of network television.
I read somewhere there were about 3 times the commercials.
Old 05-27-10, 01:41 PM
  #17  
DVD Talk Godfather
 
Michael Corvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 1999
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 61,377
Received 513 Likes on 365 Posts
Re: LOST 6th Season DVD Will Have 12-14 Minutes of Deleted Footage!

Originally Posted by riley_dude View Post
I read somewhere there were about 3 times the commercials.
Commercials vary in length. There very well may have been 3x the usual number of commercials, but they might have been shorter.

1 hour = roughly 15-18 minutes of commercials
30 minutes = roughly 7-10 minutes
Old 05-27-10, 02:14 PM
  #18  
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 146
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: LOST 6th Season DVD Will Have 12-14 Minutes of Deleted Footage!

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin View Post
Commercials vary in length. There very well may have been 3x the usual number of commercials, but they might have been shorter.

1 hour = roughly 15-18 minutes of commercials
30 minutes = roughly 7-10 minutes
I always love it when people accuse Lost of adding extra commercials when they actually have exactly the number of commercials they are supposed to have. To be even more specific than you, most "hour" long shows are 42 minutes long and most "half hour" shows are 22 minutes long. So following this you would expect the Lost finale to be exactly 106 minutes long with 44 minutes of commercials and, what do you know, that's exactly what it was.
Old 05-27-10, 02:19 PM
  #19  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: In the Universe.
Posts: 2,923
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: LOST 6th Season DVD Will Have 12-14 Minutes of Deleted Footage!

Originally Posted by Cathepsin View Post
That's awesome! I hope that they're deleting the last 15 minutes of the finale.
You lnow what would be even better if they deleted the finale and inserted just one final scene with darlton saying "fuck you fans, we dont give a shit about answers, it's all about the characters and making the finale as faggy as possible"
Old 05-27-10, 05:39 PM
  #20  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 5,511
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: LOST 6th Season DVD Will Have 12-14 Minutes of Deleted Footage!

^^
Classy.
Old 05-27-10, 06:49 PM
  #21  
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,503
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: LOST 6th Season DVD Will Have 12-14 Minutes of Deleted Footage!

Originally Posted by jiggawhat View Post
You lnow what would be even better if they deleted the finale and inserted just one final scene with darlton saying "fuck you fans, we dont give a shit about answers, it's all about the characters and making the finale as faggy as possible"
Clearly Darlton doesn't watch Glee.
Old 05-27-10, 06:50 PM
  #22  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Southside Virginia
Posts: 6,457
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: LOST 6th Season DVD Will Have 12-14 Minutes of Deleted Footage!

These charlatans will keep suckering people as much as they can. They should build a pay website where they answer one question a month, only they answer questions that nobody cares about. They'd better milk this one because nobody's going to tune in for their next piece of shit.
Old 05-27-10, 08:54 PM
  #23  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Gizmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Formerly known as "GizmoDVD"/Southern CA
Posts: 31,096
Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts
Re: LOST 6th Season DVD Will Have 12-14 Minutes of Deleted Footage!

Originally Posted by John Slider View Post
What's even more shocking is that the number of people who whine, bitch, and complain about the number of Lost threads seem to double the number or people who actually discuss it. Z...O...M...G.
Excuse me, I'm going to make threads for every TV Show that has Deleted Scenes/Directors Cuts on DVD/Blu-ray!
Old 05-28-10, 08:08 AM
  #24  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Ayre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,180
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: LOST 6th Season DVD Will Have 12-14 Minutes of Deleted Footage!

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD View Post
Excuse me, I'm going to make threads for every TV Show that has Deleted Scenes/Directors Cuts on DVD/Blu-ray!
Let us know how that works out for you

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.